Improve Your Reaction Time.... - Page 5 - Ford Mustang Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
Apprentice

i find clicking it when the last yellow light comes on that i get the best time.

Vortech Supercharged 05 Mustang 4.0

2.gi f
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Rookie

Send a message via Yahoo to Bigrob747
So im going to the track this friday and i have no idea what to do lol..ive raced on the streets like at stop lights but after ive stop at a stop like i hold the clutch in, rev to like 3 because i dont want tire spin but then i start to roll a tad bit..will that kill your run at the track cause if so i gotta make sure i dont roll.

1987 Mustang GT 5.0
351w Swap

2000 Mustang V6 swapped to V8

#VehicleDreams
Rookie

A .12, but mainly was in the .15 to .18 area. Must be the hand eye co-ordination built up from years of video games. And my parents said that experience wasn't good for anything!

Just found that if I maximize the screen I get a quicker reaction time. It looks like the screen takes longer to "paint", and the color change "paints" from the top to the bottom. It seems that the timer doesn't start until the whole screen changes color. If I press the stop when the top of the screen starts to change color then I can get consistent times in the 0.09 range. Perhaps those of us with slower times just have faster video cards?

Rookie

i managed 502.it is my best

F150 Body Kits
Rookie

Maybe I'm just old or something, but last time I raced (early 80s) my RTs were like .125 - .250. With this simulator, I red light every time. lol
Apprentice
V6 Member
S197 Member

Went to the las Vegas motor speedway last night. It was my first time ever drag racing and my best r/t was .303 with a 2.2 60ft and 14.75 1/4 mile. On my 2012 v6 pp with an AIRAID. Is that good?

2012 Mustang V6// Race Red // Performance Package // Roush Axleback // AIRAID Intake // Retro White Ball Shifter // Eibach Springs// Tinted Tail lights // Black Deck lid panel // 8,000K HID's //
Rookie

14.75 seems a little high for a performance package car
Apprentice

This is sweet! I spent 10 minutes doing it.
Apprentice
4.6L Member
S197 Member

Played with these for a while. Sportsman best.513, pro .419. Seems funny these still use old style RT's as NHRA has stopped adding the .5 and .4 and .000 is a perfect light as opposed to .500 and .400 being perfect light. Lot's of fun though. Now if I could get car to react that fast.
Apprentice

The couple times I've been out my normal reaction time seemed to be around 0.3 though at a track I can't visit anymore since I was temporarily assigned to a different base for a couple months when I went.

Candy Red 2013 Mustang GT Premium: Automatic. Airaid CAI, 91 Bama race tune
Californicajun

I like the pro tree better.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Pro tree.PNG
Views:	120
Size:	119.4 KB
ID:	322017   Click image for larger version

Name:	pro tree2.PNG
Views:	113
Size:	119.8 KB
ID:	322025   Click image for larger version

Name:	Pro tree 3.PNG
Views:	114
Size:	119.3 KB
ID:	322033  
PONY Member

If you can't redlight on a pro tree, you might consider deep staging ( if allowed). This will hurt the ET slip by as much as a tenth , but in a bracket race , it's all about the reaction time. Why it hurts the ET and helps the reaction time is simple. less roll out so the staging beam is broken sooner/ Your car is till running the same , it just has less of a running start so to speak. Drive by wire cars are THE hardest to cut lights with. Your foot hits the floor and the computer is still playing catch up. Hard leaving (1.40 or lower 60' times) sometimes need "delay boxes" so drivers don't redlight. It's also harder to redlight with a car that has allot of front end travel as it's going up instead of out.
Just a few observations from 50 years of doing it.
Randy
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Mustang Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a VALID email address for yourself, otherwise you will not receive the necessary confirmation email needed to confirm, validate and activate your new AFM member account.

Failure to provide a VALID email address, will result in the cancellation of your new AFM member account registration.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page