#1 ·
first time ever at the track:
run 1: 16.8 @87 yikes- lifted at the 1000ft box- oops
run 2: 15.5 @87.5
run 3: 15.7 @91

all reaction time between .442 and .610
all 60ft between2.33 and 2.42

what do you guys think?
I'm rather dissappointed, I was expecting at least a 14, I got some new controls arms on the way and I was going to try agian next friday.

Anybody got any advice?

#2 ·
For your first time. I would say good job, you learn the more you race, rememebr to watch the lights when the last yellow goes you go and watch your shifting.

#3 ·
Hmm. What do you have for base timing. If you haven't messed with it try 14 degrees. Run 91 or better octane though. Is this a stick unit you have. If so try some different shift rpm. I used to shift at 5,800. Then this year when I went the car seemed like it didn't pull that high so I shifted at 5,100. A 2.3 60ft is desent. What are your 330ft times. What are your 1/8th mile times and speeds. To have a low 14s run your lookin at a 6.1 6.2 330 time. A 9.30 9.35 1/8th with about 79 to 80mph in the 1/8th. Those times should throw you around 14.3 at 98mph. How do I know this you ask. Well I'm readin off one of my old time slips. With the times and speed at each mark on the track you can figure out where your car is goin good and where it's slowin down. If you are slowing down a tone at the end of the track you could be going lean. Hope you changed your fuel filter and stuff. Remember have your car running the best it can. Do a good tune up to the pig. Good plugs and wires. Clean filters. Then you have a good base to start finding problems in your ride.

#5 ·
1/8th times are betweeen 10.0 and 10.5 at 69 - 71.5 mph
330ft between 6.6 - 6.7
1000ft between 12.9 - 13.3

if I powerbrake it more than 1200 or so I seem to get alot of tire spin, but I did put on new X2C upper and lower arms so hopefully that might change a bit.

the motor just a complete freshening, and cleaning inside & out, 14 degrees timing w/91, tps adjusted, all filters fresh and so on...

What excactly is the best way to launch & shift with an auto? I just left in 'D' the whole time:D

#6 ·
I had no idea your car was Auto. I was thinkin it was a stick. Thats wats suckin the life out of your runs. You need to get the AOD straightend out. I am not one on automatices in Mustang eather. Sorry dude. If I come along anything I'll tell ya whats up.

G
#7 ·
EricD is spot on the money. The stock AOD tranny will definately keep your ET's high. Is the tranny 100% stock or are you running a shift kit and high stall torque converter. Both of these will help. I went with a Lentec Automatic with the overdrive delete valve body. While I never took her to the track to clock how much of a difference it made, I could certainly feel it!

#8 ·
Try to find someone that has a similar set up like your's with a dune up auto. It's alittle hard to get the set up right. You can't just go find like a B&M torque converter and throw it in there and think your all set. Do like Scoot said go with a company that makes a whole kit for the AOD. Valve body and converter. Then you will be atleast in the low 14's. Should dip into the 13's.

#9 ·
I HAVE CLOSE TO THE SAME SET UP AS YOU AND MY BEST ET IS 9.47 @ 77 MPH.

89 COUPE SSP
4.10 GEARS
TRANS-GO SHIFT KIT
OFF ROAD X
2 CHAMBER FLOWS
PULLIES
K&N FILTER
14 DEGREE TIMING

MY CAR DID'NT SPIN ANY, I DROPPED THE AIR PRESSURE TO 17 PSI ON MY 225 55 16'S AND HELD THE BRAKE ON THE LINE AND STALLED IT UP TIL THE TIRES WERE READY TO SPIN AND LET OFF THE BRAKE AND MATTED IT WHEN THE LIGHT TURNED GREEN 2.09 60 FOOT TIME.

#10 ·
you need traction...get a set of street legal drag tires like comp ta drag radials or m&h streetlegals..or something similar...and then add a higher stall speed converter..best bet is with Lentech you should add a trans cooler and trans temp gauge when you add the converter...and a valvebody from them would help alot....you then should be able to get at least a 1.75 60ft time...this will get you into the 14's....

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.