Team Reese Vs. Shine Crew & Other Superfluous Stuff - Page 29 - Ford Mustang Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
GT Member

IDK if King Of The Street(KOTS) is open to the public or if they are running with other races today out there, but for the dyno portion a guy from my local forum layed down 991RWHP with twin turbos and meth.

He was in second last I heard. A Shelby layed down like 1139RWHP as of about an hour ago.

'87 COUPE, DSS 331, AFR 185's, XE282HR Cam, Victor Jr. Intake, Barry Grant Speed Demon 650, Long Tubes, PA Super Comp C4

11.49 @ 119 1.72 60'
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #422 of 1062 (permalink) Old 10-02-2010 Thread Starter
MACH I Member

King of the street (KOTS). Was that for me? Lol

Well........the Shines and crew should be at the track getting camp set up. Good luck to you guys, be safe and have fun. Put GSS on the board.........o'yea..........updates.....updated!! !!!!!

93' LX hatch, 460 w/150 plate, TH400, 9" w/ 3.60 spool. Best (so far!) of [email protected] 146 mph with 1.40 spinning 60' on steel heads
Reese,
Been saying single digit coming for 3 years.....guess I finally made it!
GT Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by stang93mustang View Post
King of the street (KOTS). Was that for me? Lol

Well........the Shines and crew should be at the track getting camp set up. Good luck to you guys, be safe and have fun. Put GSS on the board.........o'yea..........updates.....updated!! !!!!!
Yeap. Thats for you buddy! :hihi:

They are probly too drunk to update! We will have to wait until they sober up.........on Monday!

'87 COUPE, DSS 331, AFR 185's, XE282HR Cam, Victor Jr. Intake, Barry Grant Speed Demon 650, Long Tubes, PA Super Comp C4

11.49 @ 119 1.72 60'

RLG34750

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stroked95GT View Post

They are probly too drunk to update! We will have to wait until they sober up.........on Monday!
I'd bet money Jr. & Henry are all snuggled up with a golden retriever about now......
post #425 of 1062 (permalink) Old 10-03-2010 Thread Starter
MACH I Member

I talkd to Jr.......Sr. Won 14 second kots playin the sandbag game.! Lol.... You do what you gatta do is wht I was told. Lol

93' LX hatch, 460 w/150 plate, TH400, 9" w/ 3.60 spool. Best (so far!) of [email protected] 146 mph with 1.40 spinning 60' on steel heads
Reese,
RLG34750

Sand Baggers.......

Whatever happen to run it like you stole it.......
GT Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by stang93mustang View Post
I talkd to Jr.......Sr. Won 14 second kots playin the sandbag game.! Lol.... You do what you gatta do is wht I was told. Lol
Thats probly all the puny V6 could muster from lack of power!

Quote:
Originally Posted by RLG34750 View Post
Sand Baggers.......

Whatever happen to run it like you stole it.......
Yea! You tell em Reg! (disappears back into the crowd)

11.49 @ 119 1.72 60'
SHELBY GT 350 Member
V6 Member

Well, it wasn't really sandbagging, but call it what you will......

Here's a brief summary:

We took our 30 mile cruise, came back, and made our first pass running the .500 tree.
I heated the tires, staged, launched, and my nitrous did not spray. I ran a 14.45 flooding it because it was spraying just fuel and not nitrous. On the second pass, I spun bad coming out of the hole, but managed a [email protected] On my last pass, I was deciding on whether to drive it like I stole it, or sandbag. Guess what I decided? No really, I decided to just make my usual full pass because it is more important to show the crowd what a V6 can do. Again, I spun out of the hole a bit, and my rpm's jumped so fast, that it locked me out of 2nd gear long enough that I had to lift. By the time I was cruising again in 3rd gear, I shut her down and just coasted through the traps. It really wasn't sandbagging, it was just 2 lousy passes.

Okay, I have a couple stories, but they have to wait until tomorrow......

2002 V6 Turbo 10:[email protected]
2001 V6 Nitrous 12:[email protected]
RLG34750

Slap Jr. & tell him to get the facts right

You just can't drive ......
SHELBY GT 350 Member
V6 Member

Quote:
Slap Jr. & tell him to get the facts right

Maybe so, but you know how 5 speeds are......

Quick story from Friday night:

Gearhead ended up staying at the track instead of with our group, so we ended up bringing the food over to the track and eating dinner there. (BTW, no pizza and beer sponsored by Nitto Tire this year. Maybe they found out how crappy their tires are) When we got back to the campsite, we went next door because they had a bonfire, so we all introduced ourselves and we ended up hanging out with those guys. They were a good group, and we asked the usual questions like if they were here last year and stuff. They said that they camped here last year and there was some drunk guy who came up to their fire, and sat down for about 5 minutes and didn't say a word, followed by some guy in a beany. I started laughing hysterically because I know who the 2 characters were. Jr says to the guys, "did it look anything like the knit hat I have on now?" The guys says,"yeah, just like that." Jr says, "yeah, that was me and Henry."

Later on in the night, okay about midnight, Henry and I are feeling pretty happy and we decided that we were hungry. Well Melissa makes some pretty good potato salad-which we left back at the track on Gearhead's trailer. It's about a 5 minute drive through the campground, past the guard/ticket booth, and down to the track. So Henry and I jump on the golf cart not thinking that there is a Security guard at the booth. Henry says, "here, hold my drink so they don't think that I'm drinking too." We pull up to the door, and there is a female security guard there. She opens the door, looks at both of us, and says, "Dudes, what are you doing?" We said," POTATO SALAD!" She just laughed and told us to go through......

2002 V6 Turbo 10:[email protected]
2001 V6 Nitrous 12:[email protected]
RLG34750

Oh MY GOD.......

The Call Me Tater......

Hurry up & get the pics posted.......
PONY Member
V6 Member

Send a message via AIM to NorStang
I forgot to take pictures, been busy

-1995 Conv V6 H/C/I and all bolt ons
-1994 Coupe V6 built by GSS Motorsports, painted by Allen Skaggs (Flawless Customs)
post #433 of 1062 (permalink) Old 10-04-2010 Thread Starter
MACH I Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by NorStang View Post

WHAAATTT!!!!!!!!!! Come on Henry!

Reese,
GT Member

Quote:
My thoughts exactly!

Quote:
Originally Posted by shinerstang View Post
Maybe so, but you know how 5 speeds are......

Quick story from Friday night:

Gearhead ended up staying at the track instead of with our group, so we ended up bringing the food over to the track and eating dinner there. (BTW, no pizza and beer sponsored by Nitto Tire this year. Maybe they found out how crappy their tires are) When we got back to the campsite, we went next door because they had a bonfire, so we all introduced ourselves and we ended up hanging out with those guys. They were a good group, and we asked the usual questions like if they were here last year and stuff. They said that they camped here last year and there was some drunk guy who came up to their fire, and sat down for about 5 minutes and didn't say a word, followed by some guy in a beany. I started laughing hysterically because I know who the 2 characters were. Jr says to the guys, "did it look anything like the knit hat I have on now?" The guys says,"yeah, just like that." Jr says, "yeah, that was me and Henry."

Later on in the night, okay about midnight, Henry and I are feeling pretty happy and we decided that we were hungry. Well Melissa makes some pretty good potato salad-which we left back at the track on Gearhead's trailer. It's about a 5 minute drive through the campground, past the guard/ticket booth, and down to the track. So Henry and I jump on the golf cart not thinking that there is a Security guard at the booth. Henry says, "here, hold my drink so they don't think that I'm drinking too." We pull up to the door, and there is a female security guard there. She opens the door, looks at both of us, and says, "Dudes, what are you doing?" We said," POTATO SALAD!" She just laughed and told us to go through......
I knew where this was headed! Thats hilarious! Kinda like long lost friends. Thats cool they were chill about it though!

Quote:
Originally Posted by NorStang View Post
You forgot to take pics, or forgot to post them? We can handle the later of the two. But I hope yall took lots of pics!

BTW, did any of yall happen to see the 03 cobra I was speaking of? He made 991RWHP but only ran an 11.0 @ 142ish. LOL
He had bad 2.0 60fts. Regardles, sounds like it was a blast!

11.49 @ 119 1.72 60'
GT Member
V6 Member

Send a message via AIM to Shine1Stang
wow reese another v6 coming for you!
Dyno Numbers--Turbo 4.2L Single Port - V6Power Messageboard
660hp at 20psi, go singleports!

97 Mustang Forged 4.3l
600hp and 10 sec member
Turbolag- the brief moment you think your winning
First and only 3.8L V6 Mustang over 600RWHP
Fastest Single Port V6 Mustang w a Ported Stock Upper Intake
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Mustang Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a VALID email address for yourself, otherwise you will not receive the necessary confirmation email needed to confirm, validate and activate your new AFM member account.

Failure to provide a VALID email address, will result in the cancellation of your new AFM member account registration.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page