Team Reese Vs. Shine Crew & Other Superfluous Stuff - Page 58 - Ford Mustang Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
RLG34750

Quote:
Originally Posted by shinerstang View Post
You guys still suck. Was that better?
Thanks for acknowledging the expertise of REESE.....

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

74stang2togo

I have to get "El Super Pinto" ready by February... thats when the local track opens back up...

Little River Drag Way

Let's see, what's left...

Engine still on the stand? Check
Street-tires that are dry-rotted still on the back? Check
Being used as a table for the garage? Check
Vinyl top still halfway peeled off and none of the rust damage underneath fixed? Check
A9P computer, harness, and MAF still sitting in the front seat? Check
Interior still in pieces? Check

I dunno, don't look like it'll happen this year.

RLG34750

Ye Of Little Faith........

74stang2togo

Quote:
Originally Posted by RLG34750 View Post
Ye Of Little Faith........
Oh I have faith, faith in the fact that my wallet's empty and I don't have much drive to do anything with the '76 since I bought the 2010...

Maybe if I trade in the 2010 on that pokey little V6 Silverado I'm looking at...
RLG34750

So instead of little faith......

Ye of little money........
74stang2togo

Quote:
So instead of little faith......

Ye of little money........
Exactly amigo... got champagne dreams, while on a Coors Light budget.

I want a set of AFR heads, a Trick Flow Track Heat intake, some 30 lb injectors, C&L MAF with calibration tube, fuel rails and fuel pressure regulator (any of several brands), and an Aeromotive pump for it... should be good for right about 400hp at the flywheel, and in a car that light, the suspension would prove to be the limitation for how fast she'd go.

(My guess is fast enough to end up needing a cage if I put drag radials on her.)
PONY Member
V6 Member

Send a message via AIM to NorStang
I'm getting close to the end, so I can't wait for the track to open again. :kooky:

-1995 Conv V6 H/C/I and all bolt ons
-1994 Coupe V6 built by GSS Motorsports, painted by Allen Skaggs (Flawless Customs)
SHELBY GT 350 Member
V6 Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by 74stang2togo View Post
I have to get "El Super Pinto" ready by February... thats when the local track opens back up...

Little River Drag Way

Let's see, what's left...

Engine still on the stand? Check
Street-tires that are dry-rotted still on the back? Check
Being used as a table for the garage? Check
Vinyl top still halfway peeled off and none of the rust damage underneath fixed? Check
A9P computer, harness, and MAF still sitting in the front seat? Check
Interior still in pieces? Check

I dunno, don't look like it'll happen this year.
That's some funny $hit.......

Henry wanted me to take a picture of his car in our shop. He misses it, so I took a picture for him. Here it is:
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	DSCF0622.JPG
Views:	29
Size:	673.5 KB
ID:	118812  

2002 V6 Turbo 10:[email protected]
2001 V6 Nitrous 12:[email protected]
RLG34750

Quote:
Henry wanted me to take a picture of his car in our shop. He misses it, so I took a picture for him. Here it is:
I heard something about someone tea bagging Henry's car......

Got pics of that........
PONY Member
V6 Member

Send a message via AIM to NorStang
Quote:

Yay, my baby :laughlitt

I love you baby pony

:hihi:

-1995 Conv V6 H/C/I and all bolt ons
-1994 Coupe V6 built by GSS Motorsports, painted by Allen Skaggs (Flawless Customs)
74stang2togo

Quote:
No homo here........

I had just heard about that hapening just wondering was there photo documentation........:?:

I repeat no homo here.......
I always find that the ones who have to constantly re-assert "no homo" after a sentence are the ones that are the least secure in their masculinity...

ESPECIALLY the ones that say "I love you man!" then follow it up with "no homo".

Quote:
Sadly true too. I've got my makeshift powdercoating booth on the hood (built out of a massive cardboard box Hyundai shipped some parts to my dealership in), along with my reserve air tank I built to hold a few gallons of air at 10psi, the powdercoating gun itself, and my supplies... (Mustang II hoods make really good laundry tables too!)

The roof is holding my trim removal tools and a drill with a wire brush in it from the last time I worked on the roof of it.

The decklid had various parts on it, including two customer parts I've got coated waiting on him to pick up.

The 5.0HO I pulled out of a low-mileage 93 Thunderbird (22,000 miles, no joke) is on a stand in front of it, the engine out of an '87 Mustang GT is on another stand behind it (that one needs to be bored because of an unfortunate accident involving a cheap parts-store piston ring compressor, got a full set of now-useless forged pistons for it sitting on the table behind it... they may find their way into the Thunderbird engine), my sandblasting cabinet is tucked into a corner between the car and the wall of the garage (and it's proceeded to spring a leak and cover that whole section of the garage floor with 80 grit glass media... which is slipperier than ice!)

Like I said, don't see it happening this year.
GT Member

WOW!!! Yall ("you guys" for the northerners ) need some serious help. Seems everyone is going crazy without being able to race!

Reg is one of the few that can race.....But he aint.

Hell, his car has been supposedly going on the rollers for the past few months. I call BS!

As for the Pinto....I know how you feel about having no motivation to work on the car. Theres TONS of stuff I could be doing to mine. But mine is already driveable so I've been saying F it and let it sit. But I'm gonna get started on it this weekend I think.

Also, I believe my 1/8 mile track opens in February. So hopefully I can have almost everything ready by then.

'87 COUPE, DSS 331, AFR 185's, XE282HR Cam, Victor Jr. Intake, Barry Grant Speed Demon 650, Long Tubes, PA Super Comp C4

11.49 @ 119 1.72 60'
74stang2togo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stroked95GT View Post
As for the Pinto....
It's a Mustang II, therefore it's "EL SUPER PINTO!"

I think when I get home tonight I'm going to pull the heads off the Thunderbird engine and inspect the bores. I know it needs one main bearing (get this, the rear main bearing looks like hell, but the crank looks fine? All the other mains looked fine too?) It's just a temporary junkyard beater motor to actually get the car on the track this year while I continue to save up for the parts for the motor I really want.
post #869 of 1062 (permalink) Old 01-06-2011 Thread Starter
MACH I Member

Reg...check your personal email, Dan thought you should have it! Lmao

93' LX hatch, 460 w/150 plate, TH400, 9" w/ 3.60 spool. Best (so far!) of [email protected] 146 mph with 1.40 spinning 60' on steel heads
Reese,
Been saying single digit coming for 3 years.....guess I finally made it!
RLG34750

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stroked95GT View Post
Reg is one of the few that can race.....But he aint.

Hell, his car has been supposedly going on the rollers for the past few months. I call BS!.
Well if you send money it will be on the rollers on monday......

Even Reese will back me up on it going on the roller the beginning of the year.......

Then its the issue of the new cage......

I hate making one run and done......

Again mo' money mo' money.......

Trust me i have raced less in the last year than i have in the last 20 years.......

But the priority of keeping a roof over our head food on the table.....

Oh yeah i have a kid in medical school.......

So racing does take a back seat not my choice but by responsibilities........

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Mustang Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a VALID email address for yourself, otherwise you will not receive the necessary confirmation email needed to confirm, validate and activate your new AFM member account.

Failure to provide a VALID email address, will result in the cancellation of your new AFM member account registration.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page