Team Reese Vs. Shine Crew & Other Superfluous Stuff - Page 63 - Ford Mustang Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
GT Member

I'm post #900! Dont hate the player, hate the game!
:woo::cele bration:

'87 COUPE, DSS 331, AFR 185's, XE282HR Cam, Victor Jr. Intake, Barry Grant Speed Demon 650, Long Tubes, PA Super Comp C4

11.49 @ 119 1.72 60'
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

GT Member

Well guys, I just got some bad news from my pops.........

Retarded little Daniel(me) forgot to drain the matter from the racecar for the winter. He was walking through the backyard and found a gold round thing in the yard.

He picks it up, and its a freeze plug!

He looked at the engine and 1 other is pushed out a little but couldnt find a mirror to look at the rest or to see where this one came out. Hopefully it didnt split the block!

If it did, I'm most likely not going to be running this year. Unless, I take a junkyard 302, put my heads/cam/intake on it and spray it!

'87 COUPE, DSS 331, AFR 185's, XE282HR Cam, Victor Jr. Intake, Barry Grant Speed Demon 650, Long Tubes, PA Super Comp C4

11.49 @ 119 1.72 60'
post #933 of 1062 (permalink) Old 01-16-2011 Thread Starter
MACH I Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stroked95GT View Post

Retarded little Daniel(me) forgot to drain the matter from the racecar for the winter. He was walking through the backyard and found a gold round thing in the yard.

He looked at the engine and 1 other is pushed out a little but couldnt find a mirror to look at the rest or to see where this one came out. Hopefully it didnt split the block!

If it did, I'm most likely not going to be running this year. Unless, I take a junkyard 302, put my heads/cam/intake on it and spray it!
Who's the DA!!!!! I remember so fresh in my mind about someone saying how could I have forgotten to put antifreeze back in the motor after I posted that I almost forgot to. Now I maybe wrong in saying it was you but I swear it was.

Quote:
I'm post #900! Dont hate the player, hate the game!
:woo: :celebration::gold cup:
Wow.....the numbers game!!! congrats to you. Like me, you didn't earn it!!!:hihi::hihi:

93' LX hatch, 460 w/150 plate, TH400, 9" w/ 3.60 spool. Best (so far!) of [email protected] 146 mph with 1.40 spinning 60' on steel heads
Reese,
Been saying single digit coming for 3 years.....guess I finally made it!

Last edited by ModsStang; 01-16-2011 at 07:30 PM. Reason: fixed quote so it shows up right :)

74stang2togo

Quote:
Originally Posted by stang93mustang View Post
Like me, you didn't earn it!!!:hihi::hihi:
Actually, Reg cheated his way to it, I fixed that, and it was yours fair and square... but now it's taken away again. :hihi:
SHELBY GT 350 Member
V6 Member

Quote:

That really bites.......

I miss Reg already. There was some guy in the 94-95 GT section telling a guy to "be a man" and drop a V8 in his little 6'er. I know Reg would have said something.......

2002 V6 Turbo 10:[email protected]
2001 V6 Nitrous 12:[email protected]
PONY Member
V6 Member

Send a message via AIM to NorStang
Then he should grow a pair and try to make a V6 fast. It's not that we got lots of go faster parts on the store shelf's.

-1995 Conv V6 H/C/I and all bolt ons
-1994 Coupe V6 built by GSS Motorsports, painted by Allen Skaggs (Flawless Customs)

Last edited by EagleAutosports; 01-18-2011 at 01:29 AM. Reason: Knock off the potshots
PONY Member
V6 Member

Hope it's just your freeze plugs that has popped and not the block as well.

-1994 Coupe V6 built by GSS Motorsports, painted by Allen Skaggs (Flawless Customs)

Last edited by ModsStang; 01-18-2011 at 12:18 PM. Reason: No tolerance policy is in effect
post #938 of 1062 (permalink) Old 02-22-2011 Thread Starter
MACH I Member

Update for all......stroked95gt did not crack the block, just pop the plugs. He got lucky.:hihi:

Btw......I don't have access to editing my signature!

93' LX hatch, 460 w/150 plate, TH400, 9" w/ 3.60 spool. Best (so far!) of [email protected] 146 mph with 1.40 spinning 60' on steel heads
Reese,
PONY Member

Glad to hear that you did not crack the block. We need to get a few more post up before Reese can run his 9!!!!!!!!!!!!

It's not how fast you go,but how you go fast!!!!!
post #940 of 1062 (permalink) Old 02-23-2011 Thread Starter
MACH I Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by dragorphan View Post
Glad to hear that you did not crack the block. We need to get a few more post up before Reese can run his 9!!!!!!!!!!!!
Trans brake is being installed and actually should be finished by tomorrow. I have the higher stall converter going back in. I bought a higher output coil to help out with the rich mixture which will equate to more power. Pump regulator set properly ='s............9's all day long! Lol

Reese,
PONY Member

Glad to hear that you are almost ready to go. I have not gotten much done on my stang. But my second son should be hear any day now and work has kept me pretty busy lately.

It's not how fast you go,but how you go fast!!!!!
post #942 of 1062 (permalink) Old 02-24-2011 Thread Starter
MACH I Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by dragorphan View Post
Glad to hear that you are almost ready to go. I have not gotten much done on my stang. But my second son should be hear any day now and work has kept me pretty busy lately.
Its always great to hear people who have their priorities straight. Congrats on your second son's arrival. Your project will be finished when it's the proper time.

Reese,
post #943 of 1062 (permalink) Old 04-15-2011 Thread Starter
MACH I Member

UPDATE........

Norstang's car Project Frostbite is complete and is a beast!

Was put on the Dyno this past Tuesday and had this to say:

YouTube - Project Frostbite

My car.....The brake was installed, I used the other converter only to find out I had to pull everything right back out because the converter was no good! That was a pisser! All back together now and will be at the track in a couple weeks for T&T and cage certification......I'm entering NMRA this year @ Joliet.

Reese,
PONY Member
V6 Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by stang93mustang View Post
UPDATE........

Norstang's car Project Frostbite is complete and is a beast!

Was put on the Dyno this past Tuesday and had this to say:

YouTube - Project Frostbite

My car.....The brake was installed, I used the other converter only to find out I had to pull everything right back out because the converter was no good! That was a pisser! All back together now and will be at the track in a couple weeks for T&T and cage certification......I'm entering NMRA this year @ Joliet.
It makes 519rwhp @15psi

post #945 of 1062 (permalink) Old 06-07-2011 Thread Starter
MACH I Member

Update:

Well I went to the track a month ago and used the brake for the first time. It was quite comical.:hihi: I went to stage the adrenaline set in, I pushed the button so damn hard I bent the mount then my finger slipped off the button. The car launches forward and my first thought was no that isn't what I wanted to do so I pushed the button to try again......no.....not suppose to do that either and let go and the car launches! After all that, the other mustang was able to keep up with me.....a little.

YouTube - ‪5/7/2011 CLIP0095‬‏

I got horrible r/t times as I was still trying to learn this thing. I ended up going back to foot braking, well holding rpm alittle over idle the slamming it to the floor. My 2 step pill was only 3k which wasn't much of a build up. I bought new pills and will try that out in a couple weeks when I go to NMRA. Will only use the brake though for one pass just to see otherwise the old way. I gotta be on my game for r/t's with these guys, they don't mess around.

Here is my best pass of that day. A 10.28 not bad but I know it can do better. A new torque converter is on the list but money is tight so I have to wait alittle.

YouTube - ‪5/7/2011 CLIP0097‬‏

The Shine's are cooking up some serious HP and have been very quiet lately. Makes me alittle nervous to know that a damn V6 will be able to keep up with me/ possibly beat me BUT......until I see a time slip showing that, they can talk all the smack they want and I know I'm faster!

Reese,
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Mustang Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a VALID email address for yourself, otherwise you will not receive the necessary confirmation email needed to confirm, validate and activate your new AFM member account.

Failure to provide a VALID email address, will result in the cancellation of your new AFM member account registration.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page