The time is drawing near.... - Page 2 - Ford Mustang Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
MACH I Member

You know the saying..........good luck, have fun, and be safe.

93' LX hatch, 460 w/150 plate, TH400, 9" w/ 3.60 spool. Best (so far!) of [email protected] 146 mph with 1.40 spinning 60' on steel heads
Reese,
Been saying single digit coming for 3 years.....guess I finally made it!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #17 of 29 (permalink) Old 08-25-2012 Thread Starter
GT Member

Hello, finally made it to the track this year. I made the 100 MPH club! whoooo even though the DA was way up there, the suspension and shift points made a huge difference. How about this! Mines the Blue one, I wasnt after reaction but did go faster than the red fox which was pretty beastly.

13 Second Stock 5.0 Fox Mustang - YouTube

The question is not when's he gon' stop, but who is gonna stop him? ~ Super Soul
post #18 of 29 (permalink) Old 08-25-2012 Thread Starter
GT Member

On that run
60' - 1.79
1/8 - [email protected]
1/4 - 13.01 @ 103.43

2nd run 13.15 @ 103 but no traction 1.89 60ft.

3rd Run

60' - 1.74
1/8 - 8.24 @ 83.37
1/4 13.20 @ 90.92

Unfortunately my carb took a dump at the 1/8th mile mark, crap in the needle seat. I think I woulda hit 12's

Buttttt....:kooky:

I apologize for the crudity, Ill upload timeslip later and see if I can clean up the video for my own benefit. And figure out how to embed images. My daughter had to help me. arrgh LOL

The question is not when's he gon' stop, but who is gonna stop him? ~ Super Soul

Banned

Bravo and Hoohah! Nice, efficient runs. Love that 1/8th ET and MPH !

Next time you run a 13.03, see if there's any furniture left to throw out of the car. The older manual passenger seats can be 44 lbs....
MACH I Member

Congrats on the numbers.......the car looked good!

Don't feel bad on all this techno $h*t..........my 13 year old helps me out too! Lol

93' LX hatch, 460 w/150 plate, TH400, 9" w/ 3.60 spool. Best (so far!) of [email protected] 146 mph with 1.40 spinning 60' on steel heads
Reese,
Been saying single digit coming for 3 years.....guess I finally made it!
post #21 of 29 (permalink) Old 08-29-2012 Thread Starter
GT Member

thanks! And I do have full interior, lol, coulda done a lot of things to shave some et I suppose, I didnt realize Id run so good. I cant believe how those control arms (UPR) helped slingshot me outta the hole so well. Also upped the shift point from 4800-5000 to 5700, sounds high for a stock engine, but 7 tenths gain I cannot argue with, it wants to be wound up.

My mechanical fuel pump and existing lines from tank were just nasty, so a few months ago I installed a Holley Blue Pump and the deadhead regulator included and I have a couple concerns.

There is no voltage drop, pump is mounted just about even with sump pick up, so it shouldnt really be pulling fuel, but gravity/siphon feeding. Im using a Large fram inline filter before the pump, but its flowing fine, all 3/8" steel braided line. Regulator set at 6 psi. Also using a relay to maintain a constant 12.7 or so voltage. Also I am using the stock tank and pick up, and all is clean, well vented, stock 5/16" sump tube, tank soon to be upgraded will be a welded in sump and a 3/8 pickup.

Im sure this has been beat to death but the pump ran hot on the drive to the track and quit working till it cooled down, had to limp it to and from the track.

My runs were strongest yet as I gained some serious ET and MPH, however experienced some engine hiccups at the mid to top of third and fourth gear (4000-5500), Im not sure if I was getting pressure creep and overloading the bowls, but on my last run the needle seat in the front bowl wouldnt hold (still showing 6 psi) until I took it out and cleaned it, now its all fine again, for now.

Should I run a return style regulator like the Mallory 4309, has 3 ports, 2 for my dual feed carb and 1 I could use for nitrous later on if I wanted. Before replacing the deadhead regulator should I just get a better pump? I mean obviously I dont need a blue pump atm, but may in the coming future.

I want to get this done right so I dont have to mess with it, obviously it cost me some trouble, cant be hiccuping or stammering when Im on the verge of 12's!

So why is this thing running so hot? I mean it was a hot miserable day, but I doubt that had anything to do with it, it gets hot when Im cruising on the street at night.

PONY Member

Wow, I haven't been around for a bit but you appear to have broken 13 big time. Well done.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Badfish View Post

2009 Mustang GT Deluxe, fake hood scoop, Ford Racing Bullitt cold air intake and tune, Hurst billet competition plus shifter.

SHELBY GT 350 Member

Quote:
thanks! And I do have full interior, lol, coulda done a lot of things to shave some et I suppose, I didnt realize Id run so good. I cant believe how those control arms (UPR) helped slingshot me outta the hole so well. Also upped the shift point from 4800-5000 to 5700, sounds high for a stock engine, but 7 tenths gain I cannot argue with, it wants to be wound up.

I'm sorry, I can't help you with the carb stuff, but I'm glad to see that the UPR suspension is working well for you!!

Like us at Facebook.com/TeamUPR
Follow us on Instagram @uprproducts
Ask me about the discount on UPR Products for AFM members!
post #24 of 29 (permalink) Old 10-28-2013 Thread Starter
GT Member

Hey guys! I did it!! I hit 12's! Cars been sitting for a year been real busy, been off working my butt off. Nothing new done to car, a nice 68 degree day, DA around 3200. Lowered my launch RPM a little. But she did it. For those who know of my quest to reach into the 12's then you know its a basically stock 83 GL 5.0 coupe 5 speed. Suspension pretty much fully optimized. All suspension here. Thanks to UPR, Ford Racing, Homemade subframe connectors, Competition Engineering Battle Box reinforcements. Mickey Thompson DR's, Fresh Posi with the recommended clutch pack build. Took the hood off, but everything else intact and full stock interior.

!st run was [email protected] with a 2.1 60' ft. ugh

Stock Fox Mustang Goes 12 Seconds - YouTube

yeah!!!

Heres the breakdown

60'.... 1.711
330'....5.160
1/8.....8.084
MPH....84.03
1000'...10.629

1/4......12.841
MPH.....100.79

12.84 @ 100.79

Never underestimate a working suspension! Now time to build the engine.

Forgive the camera work and my shifting, I kinda babied it cause my first run was slippery, I wasnt expecting to stick this time. lol

post #25 of 29 (permalink) Old 10-28-2013 Thread Starter
GT Member

Oh, my fuel pump ran ice cold, went with a bigger filter, guess that solved the overheating Holley Blue Pump. everything just worked Not sure why I dropped so much MPH on that run. But no matter, I accomplished the mission.

I got a $1000 12 second street car. Rescued from a certain death 4 or 5 years ago, some suspension goodies and LOTS of TLC, but all stock from intake down. I couldnt be more pleased right now. Right on!

SHELBY GT 350 Member

Congratulations! Good job!

post #27 of 29 (permalink) Old 10-28-2013 Thread Starter
GT Member

Thanks man! A big thumbs up to your suspension products. Im so jazzed I was able to cut more than 2 seconds off my 1/4 mile times by dialing in my suspension. I am really glad I decided to build the suspension first.

post #28 of 29 (permalink) Old 10-28-2013 Thread Starter
GT Member

Oh the DA was 4307 according to Drag Times. I thought the tower said 3200, they might have said 4200. Corrected thats 12.16 lol

But I doubt many people get a near 0 DA. So I dont really count that. It ran what it ran. hehe

SHELBY GT 350 Member

Quote:
Thanks man! A big thumbs up to your suspension products. Im so jazzed I was able to cut more than 2 seconds off my 1/4 mile times by dialing in my suspension. I am really glad I decided to build the suspension first.
Yep, that's the right way to do it!

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Mustang Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a VALID email address for yourself, otherwise you will not receive the necessary confirmation email needed to confirm, validate and activate your new AFM member account.

Failure to provide a VALID email address, will result in the cancellation of your new AFM member account registration.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page