2013 Mustang GT convertible 1/4 mile times? - Ford Mustang Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 6 (permalink) Old 11-27-2012 Thread Starter
PONY Member
4.6L Member
S197 Member

2013 Mustang GT convertible 1/4 mile times?

Anybody have 1/4 tiimes for a 2013 GT vert. I'm conidering an auto in either a coupe or convertable. Will I be required to install a roll bar in the 'vert to comply with the rules (13.49 and quicker needs a 5 point bar) ?

'07 Mustang GT 4.6 Auto C&L cold air, 3.73 gears, Diablo tune, and MT drag radials.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 (permalink) Old 11-27-2012
PONY Member
5.0L Member

I have a 2011 auto vert they should run close to the same times. Stock my best run was 13.1, tell them you run a 14 usally though but take a helmet, I have not had an issue.

good luck

2011 Ford Mustang 5.0 California Special
Convertible Auto
post #3 of 6 (permalink) Old 11-27-2012 Thread Starter
PONY Member
4.6L Member
S197 Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Revenge View Post
I have a 2011 auto vert they should run close to the same times. Stock my best run was 13.1, tell them you run a 14 usally though but take a helmet, I have not had an issue.

good luck
Thanks Revenge, that was my gut feeling. I will most likely put in 4.10 gears and drag radials to be able to hit the tree which will make the car a tad faster. I know that I can run without too much hassles on grudge nights but can't lie when I have a 13.0x dial-in painted on the car windows durning bracket eliminations.

'07 Mustang GT 4.6 Auto C&L cold air, 3.73 gears, Diablo tune, and MT drag radials.

post #4 of 6 (permalink) Old 11-28-2012
Rookie

Just get a coupe and avoid the problem, especially if you plan to bracket race. Depending on next years nhra rule interpretation a coupe will not need a rollbar until 9.99.
post #5 of 6 (permalink) Old 12-01-2012 Thread Starter
PONY Member
4.6L Member
S197 Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by uncle phil View Post
Just get a coupe and avoid the problem, especially if you plan to bracket race. Depending on next years nhra rule interpretation a coupe will not need a rollbar until 9.99.
I saw that. '08 and newer unaltered hardtops. Meaning completly stock including the tires. Verts and t-top cars will need the rollbar/rollcage rules. I think this is to let the Z06 and Shelby owners legally run their cars without the current 11.50 rollbar rule.

post #6 of 6 (permalink) Old 12-09-2012
GT Member
5.0L Member

I believe any power adder will still require a cage so nitro, superchargers, and turbos even from factory are still SOL if they want to avoid the hassle.

1989 GT - Show Car Project
Mods: AFR165 - Comp XE264-12 cam, WC T5Z, Tmoss Cobra Intake, full bolt-ons, 305 rwhp / 345 rwtq
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Mustang Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a VALID email address for yourself, otherwise you will not receive the necessary confirmation email needed to confirm, validate and activate your new AFM member account.

Failure to provide a VALID email address, will result in the cancellation of your new AFM member account registration.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page