2013 NMCA Muscle Car Nationals Event Schedule - Ford Mustang Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 11 (permalink) Old 12-11-2012 Thread Starter
Rookie

2013 NMCA Muscle Car Nationals Event Schedule

2013 NMCA Flowmaster Muscle Car Nationals Event Schedule
NMCA’s 25th anniversary tour with special events planned at each and every race.

March 21-24, 2013
11th Annual NMCA Muscle Car Nationals
Featuring the Chevrolet Performance LSX Challenge
Bradenton Motorsports Park – Bradenton, Florida

April 11-14, 2013
5th Annual Nitto Tire NMRA/NMCA All-Star Nationals
See NMRA & NMCA Stars Racing the Same Weekend at the Same Event!
Atlanta Dragway – Commerce, Georgia

July 11-14, 2013
8th Annual Nitto Tire NMRA/NMCA Super Bowl of Street Legal Drag Racing Presented by Miller Welders
Watch as Team NMRA Takes on Team NMCA for Nitto Tire Diamond Tree Super Bowl Rings!
Route 66 Raceway-- Joliet, Illinois

August 2-4, 2013
12th Annual NMCA Muscle Car Nationals
Featuring the Dave Duell Nostalgia Super Stock Classic
Beech Bend Raceway – Bowling Green, Kentucky

August 23-25, 2013
7th Annual NMCA Muscle Car Nationals
Featuring the 3rd Annual Ford Racing Cobra Jet Showdown
And the 5th Annual Late-Model HEMI Shootout
Summit Motorsports Park – Norwalk, OH

October 10-13, 2013
12th Annual NMCA World Street Finals
Featuring the 7th Annual Chevrolet Performance LSX Shootout
Lucas Oil Raceway at Indianapolis – Indianapolis, Indiana

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 11 (permalink) Old 12-11-2012
PONY Member

I was thinking about racing the 13.0 class in May at the Ford Nationals in Maryland. Ill be racing my 2013 mustang GT. Reading the rules it talks about the mandatory stickers on the windshield and a permanent number. My question is since ill be racing my daily driver, how hard is it to get these stickers off afterwords and what r the details about the permanent number. Thanks!

Sent from my iPhone using AutoGuide.com App

2013 GT, automatic, Brembo brake package
post #3 of 11 (permalink) Old 12-18-2012
PONY Member

I may run in the 12.5 or 13.0 index in the EFI Rumble class at Norwalk, OH depending how my Mustang is running this year....but im kinda interested in running in the True Street class, anyone ever run in the True Street class before and if its a good time?

1993 Ford Mustang LX 5.0 hatchback

2012 best 1/4 mile time: [email protected]
2013 best 1/4 mile time: [email protected]
2014 best 1/4 mile time: [email protected]
2015 best 1/4 mile time: [email protected]

post #4 of 11 (permalink) Old 12-18-2012
PONY Member
5.0L Member
S197 Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by EtnRicers5.0 View Post
I may run in the 12.5 or 13.0 index in the EFI Rumble class at Norwalk, OH depending how my Mustang is running this year....but im kinda interested in running in the True Street class, anyone ever run in the True Street class before and if its a good time?

I was fortunate enough to win the 12 second bracket in the TRUE STREET class at Virginia Motorsports Park, Dinwiddie, VA this past summer. Our road trip was only for 10 miles before we lined up in front of the grandstands for our three passes. The only adjustments you could make was tire pressure. My average for the three passes was 12.334 which beat out my friend by 1 tenth of a second. It was a lot of fun because once you got back to the track from the road trip it happened pretty quickly. Three back to back passes and it was done. I plan on doing it again this coming year.

2014 GT 5.0 Premium (Ordered 2/1/2013, received 3/20/2013) 6A - 401A premium trim - Steeda CAI - (Mike Rousch) SCT Dynojet custom tune - Lethal offroad H-pipe - J&M LCA's - BMR relocation brackets - Circle D 5C converter - DSS aluminum drive shaft - front sway bar delete kit - stock mufflers - and a stock 3:15 gear. Best pass so far - 60 ft. 1.577, 1/4 mile e.t. 11.567, mph 117.22.

(Traded in on new 2014)
2011 GT 5.0 Premium - Black - 6M - 3:73 gear
post #5 of 11 (permalink) Old 12-18-2012
PONY Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by 32Fountain View Post
I was fortunate enough to win the 12 second bracket in the TRUE STREET class at Virginia Motorsports Park, Dinwiddie, VA this past summer. Our road trip was only for 10 miles before we lined up in front of the grandstands for our three passes. The only adjustments you could make was tire pressure. My average for the three passes was 12.334 which beat out my friend by 1 tenth of a second. It was a lot of fun because once you got back to the track from the road trip it happened pretty quickly. Three back to back passes and it was done. I plan on doing it again this coming year.
That sounds sweet! I live in Chrsapeake so Dinwiddie is only 2 hours away but they're not coming there next summer are they?

post #6 of 11 (permalink) Old 12-18-2012
PONY Member
5.0L Member
S197 Member

I am not sure if Fun Ford Weekend will come back to Dinwiddie in 2013 or not That was the event that I won "TRUE STREET" class at VA MOTORSPORTS PARK. I do believe that when NMRA comes back to MIR in May they will run the TRUE STREET class again. That was the first time I witnessed that class in 2012. Although I did not participate in 2012 at MIR I plan on running it in 2013. I don't know if you have ever been to Budd's Creek (MIR) before but it is worth the trip. It is a great track, much better than Dinwiddie. I ran at MIR twice last year, both times were at an open track day during the week. That is where I ran my best time of 11.98 as seen in my signature. I am sure they will have more open track dates in 2013. Cost $100 to run as much as you want. Basically it is a test and tune event.

2014 GT 5.0 Premium (Ordered 2/1/2013, received 3/20/2013) 6A - 401A premium trim - Steeda CAI - (Mike Rousch) SCT Dynojet custom tune - Lethal offroad H-pipe - J&M LCA's - BMR relocation brackets - Circle D 5C converter - DSS aluminum drive shaft - front sway bar delete kit - stock mufflers - and a stock 3:15 gear. Best pass so far - 60 ft. 1.577, 1/4 mile e.t. 11.567, mph 117.22.

(Traded in on new 2014)
2011 GT 5.0 Premium - Black - 6M - 3:73 gear
post #7 of 11 (permalink) Old 12-18-2012
PONY Member

Cool! Im coming from upstate-western new york, so Norwalk, Ohio is the closest event for me to compete in. Im really interested in running the True Street race there. Id like to come to MIR to race but i wanna go there for the East Coast Door Wars or YellowBullet Nationals, whichever race takes place there

post #8 of 11 (permalink) Old 12-19-2012
PONY Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by 32Fountain View Post
I am not sure if Fun Ford Weekend will come back to Dinwiddie in 2013 or not That was the event that I won "TRUE STREET" class at VA MOTORSPORTS PARK. I do believe that when NMRA comes back to MIR in May they will run the TRUE STREET class again. That was the first time I witnessed that class in 2012. Although I did not participate in 2012 at MIR I plan on running it in 2013. I don't know if you have ever been to Budd's Creek (MIR) before but it is worth the trip. It is a great track, much better than Dinwiddie. I ran at MIR twice last year, both times were at an open track day during the week. That is where I ran my best time of 11.98 as seen in my signature. I am sure they will have more open track dates in 2013. Cost $100 to run as much as you want. Basically it is a test and tune event.
Cool! $100 for a test and tune is steep though. We went to Dinwiddie on Dec 1 for a test and tune and it was $20 to run as much as u want.

post #9 of 11 (permalink) Old 12-23-2012
PONY Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bgoins View Post
Cool! $100 for a test and tune is steep though. We went to Dinwiddie on Dec 1 for a test and tune and it was $20 to run as much as u want.
damn, my home track up here at New York International Raceway Park is $13 test n tune from 6pm-10pm, as many passes as you can get in! Ive never been to an NMCA/NMRA event, are they usually pretty big turn outs?

MACH I Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bgoins View Post

T&T by me is $30! I agree though that $100 is steep but you entered NMRA for the racing and to say you were part of the action. I've participated the last two years and even though went out in first rounds, still had a blast!

93' LX hatch, 460 w/150 plate, TH400, 9" w/ 3.60 spool. Best (so far!) of [email protected] 146 mph with 1.40 spinning 60' on steel heads
Reese,
Been saying single digit coming for 3 years.....guess I finally made it!
PONY Member

are the NMCA and NMRA events big turnouts?

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Mustang Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a VALID email address for yourself, otherwise you will not receive the necessary confirmation email needed to confirm, validate and activate your new AFM member account.

Failure to provide a VALID email address, will result in the cancellation of your new AFM member account registration.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page