New member,looking to hit 8.0 in the 1/8th - Ford Mustang Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 13 (permalink) Old 04-28-2013 Thread Starter
Rookie

New member,looking to hit 8.0 in the 1/8th

Hello everyone.I recently bought an 06 GT automatic and I am looking to hit 8.0 in the 1/8 th mile.I only have a couple of local tracks and they are all 1/8 mile.My only mods so far are Pypes long tubes,orx pipe,borla sringers,airaid race intake and a bama 93 race tune.I ordered 4.10 gears and lca's and hope to have them Installed this week.The car is my daily driver.I know I need drag radials too but what other mods would help?I want to avoid nitrous and stay all motor if possible.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 13 (permalink) Old 04-28-2013
MACH I Member

Can't go wrong with suspension upgrades.

93' LX hatch, 460 w/150 plate, TH400, 9" w/ 3.60 spool. Best (so far!) of [email protected] 146 mph with 1.40 spinning 60' on steel heads
Reese,
Been saying single digit coming for 3 years.....guess I finally made it!
post #3 of 13 (permalink) Old 04-29-2013
BOSS Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jambarino View Post
Hello everyone.I recently bought an 06 GT automatic and I am looking to hit 8.0 in the 1/8 th mile.I only have a couple of local tracks and they are all 1/8 mile.My only mods so far are Pypes long tubes,orx pipe,borla sringers,airaid race intake and a bama 93 race tune.I ordered 4.10 gears and lca's and hope to have them Installed this week.The car is my daily driver.I know I need drag radials too but what other mods would help?I want to avoid nitrous and stay all motor if possible.
I agree with the above post! It sounds like you have all of the power adders on your GT already. I would recommend some suspension next! Lower springs, Lower and Upper Control Arms etc.. This will help you get off the line faster and cut down your 60ft time by a lot!

I hope this helps. Let me know if you have any questions or need some assistance in the near future!

-Dan

Dan Bailer | AmericanMuscle.com
Toll Free: 866.727.1266 | M-F 9AM-9PM EST | Sat 9AM-5:30PM EST
Bama Hotline: 888.226.9764 | M-F 9AM-5:30PM EST | Sat 9AM-5:30PM EST
Free Same-Day Shipping!

post #4 of 13 (permalink) Old 04-29-2013
SHELBY GT 350 Member

Quote:
These springs:
05-14 Ford Mustang UPR Drag Launch Springs by Eibach

These shocks:
2005-2012 Ford Mustang Strange 10 Way Adjustable Shock S6008LM - UPR Products

This swaybar delete mount:
2005-2012 Ford Mustang Sway Bar Eliminator - UPR Products

^^those will work with drag radials to give you some good traction!

Like us at Facebook.com/TeamUPR
Follow us on Instagram @uprproducts
Ask me about the discount on UPR Products for AFM members!
post #5 of 13 (permalink) Old 04-29-2013 Thread Starter
Rookie

Thanks for the replies.I am getting lower control arms installed this week.The shocks and springs I may get next,suspension mods aren't as expensive as I thought.Are underdrive pulleys or cmdp plates worth it for more power?They seem pricey for the gains.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App
post #6 of 13 (permalink) Old 04-30-2013
MACH I Member

Quote:
Thanks for the replies.I am getting lower control arms installed this week.The shocks and springs I may get next,suspension mods aren't as expensive as I thought.Are underdrive pulleys or cmdp plates worth it for more power?They seem pricey for the gains.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App
Not worth more than getting the power you all ready have to the ground. It doen't matter how much HP you have if can't apply.

93' LX hatch, 460 w/150 plate, TH400, 9" w/ 3.60 spool. Best (so far!) of [email protected] 146 mph with 1.40 spinning 60' on steel heads
Reese,
Been saying single digit coming for 3 years.....guess I finally made it!
post #7 of 13 (permalink) Old 04-30-2013 Thread Starter
Rookie

I meant after suspension upgrades,if they add enough to reduce et's.
post #8 of 13 (permalink) Old 05-02-2013
SHELBY GT 350 Member

Definitely do the tires before pulleys and cmdp.

post #9 of 13 (permalink) Old 05-02-2013 Thread Starter
Rookie

Will do thanks.I got the gears and control arms put in yesterday and its night and day difference on launches now.Too bad my local tracks test and tune tonight is canceled because of rain.Are Mickey Thompson et streets the best drag radial?Most guys around here run them.
SHELBY GT 350 Member

Quote:
Will do thanks.I got the gears and control arms put in yesterday and its night and day difference on launches now.Too bad my local tracks test and tune tonight is canceled because of rain.Are Mickey Thompson et streets the best drag radial?Most guys around here run them.
The best 275/60-15 is the Mickey Thompson ET Street Radial Pro. When you get into other sizes, the Hoosier DRs are pretty close.

PONY Member

How close are you to your goal of 8's already? that will be the big telling factor.... the mods you describe'd are pretty much perfect for what you are after and hopefully you are getting real close by now
post #12 of 13 (permalink) Old 05-06-2013 Thread Starter
Rookie

I haven't ran it yet the past two weeks the test and tune night at my local tracks have been rained out.I'm hoping to go this week.I'm thinking on street tires I'll hit 8.70 or around there,depending on track conditions and if I can launch it good enough
Apprentice
5.0L Member

tires tires tires tires

88' coupe 387 ci poor boy stroker eagle 3.85 crank stock 351 rods (5.956) stock 5.0 pistons (4.00) c-4 built by PTC, 4.30 8.8 rear end 1.49 60 foot 6.99 1/8 mile 97.18 Mark Sullens E-85 carb UPR suspension
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Mustang Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a VALID email address for yourself, otherwise you will not receive the necessary confirmation email needed to confirm, validate and activate your new AFM member account.

Failure to provide a VALID email address, will result in the cancellation of your new AFM member account registration.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page