2011+ Rear End Gear - Ford Mustang Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 6 (permalink) Old 08-07-2013 Thread Starter
Rookie

2011+ Rear End Gear

I am swapping my stock 3.15 gear for a 3.73 but the question is which brand should I go with? I have had good luck with Ford Racing in the past but have heard it may not be the best solution for these newer mustangs. I have read horror stories about them blowing out and causing other issues. Thoughts, concerns?

Race-Red 2012 GT: Automatic - K&N Drop-In, Resonators Deleted, GT500 Axle-Backs, Ford Racing 3.73 Gears, Tune
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 (permalink) Old 08-07-2013 Thread Starter
Rookie

I went ahead and ordered the Ford Racing gears after talking to some of my local drag guys. Still would like to hear pros / cons and feedback. Thanks!

Race-Red 2012 GT: Automatic - K&N Drop-In, Resonators Deleted, GT500 Axle-Backs, Ford Racing 3.73 Gears, Tune
post #3 of 6 (permalink) Old 08-08-2013
Rookie

I have done about the same as you. I put in 373 ford racing gears, steeda cai outlaw flowmaster series axleback exhaust with tune. It made a big difference. Do you know or anyone else about what the rear wheel hp and torque would be on this. Thanks

post #4 of 6 (permalink) Old 08-08-2013 Thread Starter
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by dallas016 View Post
I have done about the same as you. I put in 373 ford racing gears, steeda cai outlaw flowmaster series axleback exhaust with tune. It made a big difference. Do you know or anyone else about what the rear wheel hp and torque would be on this. Thanks
Should be right around 390-400 whp depending on the tune and how good it is. Hope that answers it for ya!

post #5 of 6 (permalink) Old 08-09-2013
Rookie

Thanks, want to have a dyno done and see what it is. But that sounds about right.
post #6 of 6 (permalink) Old 08-09-2013 Thread Starter
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by dallas016 View Post
Thanks, want to have a dyno done and see what it is. But that sounds about right.
Yeah and what is even more crazy I dyno'd 350whp on a loaded dyno before the tune. I am sitting on 396whp now.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Mustang Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a VALID email address for yourself, otherwise you will not receive the necessary confirmation email needed to confirm, validate and activate your new AFM member account.

Failure to provide a VALID email address, will result in the cancellation of your new AFM member account registration.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page