traction control and Drag Racing - Ford Mustang Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 5 (permalink) Old 09-05-2013 Thread Starter
PONY Member

traction control and Drag Racing

On this forum and others they have been several threads about the use of traction control when drag racing. Almost 100 percent of the posts have said that you need to turn off all traction control systems or it will have a negative impact on your ET.
I completely understand this in the staging area for doing either a burnout or even a short clean the tire spin.
Here is my question, if you have a run with little or no spin in any gear including launch how does traction control effect your time . I am sure I am missing something and that is why I am posting this question to the 1/4 mile experts. Help me understand the reasons for turning it off.

13 gt/cs -tune - 390 rwhp 365 torque 3.73 gears LCR - barton shifter and bracket - raptor shift light - roush axel back exhaust- cai

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 (permalink) Old 09-05-2013
SHELBY GT 350 Member
4.6L Member
S197 Member

The reason for turning it off is that usually you DO have at least a little tire spin, and as soon as TC senses even the littlest bit, it kills power.

| 2010 GT coupe | Daily Driver with some Steeda and GT500 take-off stuff for the occasional track day
post #3 of 5 (permalink) Old 09-12-2013
Rookie

im running same tmes as op in mine. 12.59 best so far, my mph is only 110.0 tho. I havve a 6 speed, 3.31 gear, borla axle back, cai and bama tune
maybe my shorter wheels are causing mph idk, 18s 275/40. still im pretty satisfied for 100 degree temps in Ga.

post #4 of 5 (permalink) Old 09-18-2013
Apprentice
5.0L Member
S197 Member

I run tc in sport mode all the time in my 2013. I think it is the best of both worlds. 12.41 best @113
I expect to go quicker this fall

2013 Mustang GT 12.41 @113 mph
"Automatic for Drag Racing" Non Premium, Steeda LCA, GT500 Axle Backs, MT Steet Comp Tires 245/40R18 front 275R40R18 rear, Steeda 91 Oct...Tune ......
post #5 of 5 (permalink) Old 09-23-2013
Rookie

Is that on z rated tires
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Mustang Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a VALID email address for yourself, otherwise you will not receive the necessary confirmation email needed to confirm, validate and activate your new AFM member account.

Failure to provide a VALID email address, will result in the cancellation of your new AFM member account registration.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page