Launching Question - Ford Mustang Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 4 (permalink) Old 09-14-2006 Thread Starter

Launching Question

Hey guys, I know yall have probably been through this,so please either answer my question or show me where to look.I just got a 07 with a stick.I have had fast things and drag raced since I was 16.They always had a auto though.Shifting I am getting better and quicker,but my question is do I hold the clutch all the way in hold the revs and just dump it?Or, hold the clutch almost before it starts pulling?Do I use the brake at all? THANKS GUYS GOD BLESS

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 (permalink) Old 09-14-2006
GT Member
V6 Member
5.0L Member

Send a message via Yahoo to StalkerStang
You have to find the 'sweet spot' that the car likes. You can try to dump the clutch at around 2500 or so and see if you can get a hook out of it, but I think on street tires, your not going to be able to. The best is to slip the clutch at around 3500-4500 rpm, its hard on the clutch but thats probably the best way to get off the line with street tires.

Jesse Berger
90 LX, Previous 4 cyl.
408W In the Works
TW FAC's, Jay Allen cam, Super Victor

2001 V6 5 Speed Daily Driver
Windstar Intake, Dual Exhuast, CAI, Headers
Best ET: [email protected] mph (on 18's)
post #3 of 4 (permalink) Old 12-07-2008
PONY Member
Classic Member
4.6L Member
S197 Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by StalkerStang View Post
You have to find the 'sweet spot' that the car likes. You can try to dump the clutch at around 2500 or so and see if you can get a hook out of it, but I think on street tires, your not going to be able to. The best is to slip the clutch at around 3500-4500 rpm, its hard on the clutch but thats probably the best way to get off the line with street tires.
Yeah ive got an 06 with a stick and that thing can spin the tires all day if you dont slip the clutch

Black 2006 GT T-2 Torsen Diff, 3.73 gears, FRPP 90MM CAI, SCT X-Cal 3 tuner/ Speed Inc. dyno tune, FRPP catbacks, Steeda Triaxe w/ Hurst stick and T handle, SVT strut mounts, FRPP strut brace, Steeda UDP, JBA long tube headers, JBA O/R H-pipe, CHE LCAs, CHE anti-squat brackets, Steeda adj. UCA, Steeda heavy duty engine mounts, FRPP AC delete, Shaftmasters aluminum driveshaft, Hotchkis swaybars, Corbeau FX1 Pro

DONE: 1968 Convertible PROJECT candy apple red 289 w/ edelbrock 4bbl 600 cfm

post #4 of 4 (permalink) Old 12-15-2008
5.0L Member

Launch like you are driving in the rain if your on street tires. Slip the clutch out easily but try to accelerate as fast as the tires will take. If you have DR's or slicks you can get more aggressive but I wouldn't dump the clutch. With mod motors they don't make torque down low so if you bog the motor off the line it kills the whole run.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Closed Thread

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Mustang Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a VALID email address for yourself, otherwise you will not receive the necessary confirmation email needed to confirm, validate and activate your new AFM member account.

Failure to provide a VALID email address, will result in the cancellation of your new AFM member account registration.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page