Went from 3.55 to 4.10 - now trap 2 mph less? - Ford Mustang Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 7 (permalink) Old 07-12-2014 Thread Starter
Apprentice
4.6L Member
S197 Member

Went from 3.55 to 4.10 - now trap 2 mph less?

I did a gear swap and although I love the way it feels on the road, I can't seem to get above 102 mph at the track, which seems pretty slow for my little 3V. I was consistant at 104, and my 106 is my best with perfect conditions.
I've heard two different sides. Some say the lower mph is to be expected but my ET should go down (It hasn't). Some say that my mph should have stayed the same...
Thoughts?

2006 Screamin' Yellow GT
GO - Eibach Springs, Magnaflow Axle-Backs, Custom H-pipe, CMCV deletes, BBK CAI, BMR LCA's, MGW shifter, 93 tune from LaMotta Performance
SHOW - Ford Racing strut tower brace, CDC chin spoiler, black spoiler, rear blackout, shorty antenna, and Foose Nitrous Legends 20's
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 7 (permalink) Old 07-12-2014
Classic Member
S197 Member

Send a message via Yahoo to stlwagon
You're pretty much spot on... I lost about 4 mph when I went to 4.30s. ETs should drop as you get more experience with the new gear ratio.

1965 Mustang Coupe
post #3 of 7 (permalink) Old 07-12-2014 Thread Starter
Apprentice
4.6L Member
S197 Member

10-4. I've got to get some more experience, then...
Thank you!

2006 Screamin' Yellow GT
GO - Eibach Springs, Magnaflow Axle-Backs, Custom H-pipe, CMCV deletes, BBK CAI, BMR LCA's, MGW shifter, 93 tune from LaMotta Performance
SHOW - Ford Racing strut tower brace, CDC chin spoiler, black spoiler, rear blackout, shorty antenna, and Foose Nitrous Legends 20's

post #4 of 7 (permalink) Old 07-12-2014
ski
GT Member
S197 Member

Also, if you had previously been able to cross the finish line in 3rd with the 3.55's, and the 4.10's are now forcing you to shift to 4th before reaching the finish, then the 3-4 shift will cause a slight loss of momentum which will decrease your e.t.
post #5 of 7 (permalink) Old 07-19-2014
Rookie

better et's

I went from 3:55's to 4:10's in my 05 Gt but since I run 8th mile most of the time I did not experience the mph drop but I did get a lower et. The car would run 9.0 in stock form and once I got used to the gear the et's dropped to 8.7s but in my case the mph went up.
post #6 of 7 (permalink) Old 08-26-2014
Californicajun

Unless I have something wrong with mine too, I just went from stock 3.15's to 3.73's in my 2013 A6 and usually trap 114-115 and I couldn't get over 109mph on Saturday night. Pissed me off.
I added a new tb, new gears an aluminum ds and updated tune and I went slower in et's and trap.
What am I missing here?
I was hoping to break into the high 11's finally, but instead of 12.2 as usual, I went 12.7 4 times in a row.
post #7 of 7 (permalink) Old 08-27-2014
PONY Member

everything else being equal ---2 things: really bad DA= Not enough engine rest between runs Heat Soak thus A/F goes to crap - I have seen over 1/2 sec difference when I tried to run my car too quickly during days when the heat and humidity were bad - those 5.0 really do not like that - monitor your head temp --- give it rest with fan on it if possible - I also use a infer-red temp guage and keep a log of conditions , engine temps versus times - I suck at bracket racing but this at least helps me with dial in.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Mustang Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a VALID email address for yourself, otherwise you will not receive the necessary confirmation email needed to confirm, validate and activate your new AFM member account.

Failure to provide a VALID email address, will result in the cancellation of your new AFM member account registration.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page