Lethal Off Road H-Pipe w/Mike Rousch Tune Equal's New personal Best- - Page 2 - Ford Mustang Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #16 of 21 (permalink) Old 03-07-2015 Thread Starter
Apprentice

Send a message via Skype™ to stigma
Quote:
Originally Posted by olehead View Post
Those are nice times - enjoy the cold weather DA - The 5.0 love that - I am just hoping we can get some racing in here (NE Dragway) before May - and get the advantage of a good DA - makes a huge difference!! I did a couple of practice hits on a bascially abondoned back road - Just a timed 0 to 60 on street tires and got 4.1 sec temp 32 degree
Thank you.... i am from Cape Cod myself. Made plenty of trips to Epping great track!
Hang in there Spring is coming-

SCT X4 Tuner Stock Air Box Lethal Off Road H-Pipe Circle D 5c Flow Master Mufflers SR Lowering Springs Automatic w/3.15 rear gears-Line Lock M.A.P Mike Rousch Tune BMR Rear Sway Bar Relocation SVE Drag wheels 15x10 w/275-60-15 Nitto 555R's M/T 26x6x17 front 17x4.5 Skinnys...
Best so far 11.72 @117.59 Mph-
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

MACH I Member

Nice tuning improvements!!! Maybe time to add some more gear. 3.15 is pretty long gear.

At least a 3.73 would be a tremendous improvement and will still continue to be a good cruising gear.

93' LX hatch, 460 w/150 plate, TH400, 9" w/ 3.60 spool. Best (so far!) of [email protected] 146 mph with 1.40 spinning 60' on steel heads
Reese,
Been saying single digit coming for 3 years.....guess I finally made it!
post #18 of 21 (permalink) Old 03-09-2015 Thread Starter
Apprentice

Send a message via Skype™ to stigma
Quote:
Originally Posted by stang93mustang View Post
Nice tuning improvements!!! Maybe time to add some more gear. 3.15 is pretty long gear.

At least a 3.73 would be a tremendous improvement and will still continue to be a good cruising gear.
Actually i am considering 3.31's....i have heard a lot of negative things with 3.73 and or 4.10's-

At this point if i can hook and get into the 11.50's as a daily driver then i think i will be ok with the 3.15's and just start enjoying the car-

Mike says that i should be able to cut 1.50's for a 6oft.... its just been kind of Cold the last few times that i have been to the track. It should warm up this week so hopefully i will try again soon...

SCT X4 Tuner Stock Air Box Lethal Off Road H-Pipe Circle D 5c Flow Master Mufflers SR Lowering Springs Automatic w/3.15 rear gears-Line Lock M.A.P Mike Rousch Tune BMR Rear Sway Bar Relocation SVE Drag wheels 15x10 w/275-60-15 Nitto 555R's M/T 26x6x17 front 17x4.5 Skinnys...
Best so far 11.72 @117.59 Mph-

Apprentice

Garage
Very impressive times! Orlando SpeedWorld used to be my track from 2008 until 2013. Did you race often back then? At that time I had the Silver/Blue Crossfire SRT6, and my best was an 11.74 @ 116.7 MPH, with just a few simple mods. We could have had some really close races together if I was still there.

'15 GT w/PP - Deep Impact Blue - Kooks Long Tube Catted Headers & Cat-Back w/H-Pipe; Steeda ProFlow CAI; BBK 85MM Throttle Body; Tuned by Evans-Tuning; Steeda IRS Subframe Bushing Support System, Alignment Kit, Support Braces, Urethane Differential Bushings, and Vertical Links; Dynotech Aluminum Driveshaft; Ford Performance GT350 Halfshafts; Ford Racing Short Shifter; JLT Oil Separator; Silver MMD V-Series Stripes; AMSOIL Signature Series 5W-20 oil, Severe Gear Rear Diff and Trans Fluids.
SHELBY GT 350 Member

Definitely great runs. Torque converter is one of the best mods on these autos. Can't wait to get one. Gear upgrade will depend on what gear/rpm you are trapping at. You don't want it to shift into 4th right before the trap or have to run 3rd up to 7500rpms. For me, I'll have to see what I trap now with the boss im. As long as it's in the upper power band, I'll keep the stock 3.15's.
Honestly, 3.73's is overkill for our steep first gear and that's all. Cruising or roll race it's a good ratio. Launching it can be a little tougher. But I haven't seen too many guys that run that awesome over 3.15's on the track.
SHELBY GT 350 Member

Most of the fastest auto's run 3.15 or 3.31. But if you're not about the track, a numerically higher ratio will be fine.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Mustang Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a VALID email address for yourself, otherwise you will not receive the necessary confirmation email needed to confirm, validate and activate your new AFM member account.

Failure to provide a VALID email address, will result in the cancellation of your new AFM member account registration.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page