Supercharged 06 GT ETs. ???? - Ford Mustang Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 14 (permalink) Old 04-07-2015 Thread Starter
Rookie

Supercharged 06 GT ETs. ????

I have an 06 GT, Saleen SC, 410s, manual. Tuned to 420 RWHP, specs are to fit American Iron road racing. I want to make a few passes for the heck of it . I'm expecting mid to low 12s. Is this realistic? I think mid 12s should be doable, low 12s would make me a lot happier.

06 GT Saleen powered 3v, 420 RWHP. 5 speed manual. Double A arm front suspension, coil over rear with custom links. Baer big brakes all around . Kenisis racing wheels, 275/40/18 Nittos. Full cage, Cobra racing seats, rear seat delete. Agent 47 "The Hunter" prototype.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 14 (permalink) Old 04-07-2015
BOSS Member

Low 12's...yes but it is really dependant upon how well the tires hook-up

:hello:
Member: Never trust a person over 40 who drives a Chevy club
Flatheads ain't so bad!
Certified backyard mechanic I & II
post #3 of 14 (permalink) Old 04-07-2015 Thread Starter
Rookie

I should have said, I'm running 285 Nitto 555s but have a set of 01s.
I'm really just making a wild guess, low 12s would be really good in my opinion, with it set up like it is.

06 GT Saleen powered 3v, 420 RWHP. 5 speed manual. Double A arm front suspension, coil over rear with custom links. Baer big brakes all around . Kenisis racing wheels, 275/40/18 Nittos. Full cage, Cobra racing seats, rear seat delete. Agent 47 "The Hunter" prototype.

post #4 of 14 (permalink) Old 04-07-2015
BOSS Member
4.6L Member

Garage
Traction will be key and so will your shifts...some DRs would be very helpful especially with those 4.10s...

Matthew 26:52-54 / Go Pack Go!

1987 Mustang GT Hatchback - 2V Mod Swap In The Works

1997 Lincoln Town Car, PI Intake/Cams, Sofa-On-Wheels, "Fat Tony" we call it

2001 GT Convertible - D1SC / Geared / Cammed / 440wh 400wt - TOTALED 2/2019
post #5 of 14 (permalink) Old 04-07-2015
PONY Member
S197 Member

Garage
Is it a real Saleen? or just Saleen powered?, there is a big difference.

There is documentation of an 06 S281 S/C running High 11's with a professional driver.

If yours is an 06 GT powered by Saleen you should be in the Mid to High 12's

2007 Saleen S281 3-valve #170
post #6 of 14 (permalink) Old 04-07-2015
SHELBY GT 350 Member

I would run the NT01s, get them hot, and sliiiiiip the clutch off the line (from around 4000rpms). If you can 60-foot in the 1.80s, it'll run low 12s.

Like us at Facebook.com/TeamUPR
Follow us on Instagram @uprproducts
Ask me about the discount on UPR Products for AFM members!
post #7 of 14 (permalink) Old 04-08-2015 Thread Starter
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by kenefise97 View Post
Is it a real Saleen? or just Saleen powered?, there is a big difference.

There is documentation of an 06 S281 S/C running High 11's with a professional driver.

If yours is an 06 GT powered by Saleen you should be in the Mid to High 12's

Mine is a GT with a Saleen SC on it. I searched, in 06 Saleen models had an increase in BHP to 330 for what I assume is tha NA model. Supercharged, they came with 435 BHP. They had 373 gears in them. I can't see where they would be a second faster than my car. I should have a power advantage, putting 420 to the ground. As opposed to 435 BHP. My car is also geared a little lower which, should also give me a performance edge. Am I missing something here?
Thanks for the responses, I'm planning on a trip to a local track in the next month or so.

post #8 of 14 (permalink) Old 04-08-2015
PONY Member
S197 Member

Garage
Saleen also puts UD pulleys. a larger TB, air intake, racecraft suspension and a tune.

I don't think you would be a full second slower, maybe 3 to 5 tenths, and that just depends on how your driving style is and how well you can shift. With a good RT and a 60 ft time I bet you can consistently hit 12.5

post #9 of 14 (permalink) Old 04-08-2015 Thread Starter
Rookie

I'm running the same stuff, other than the suspension. My car has a road racing suspension, built by Agent 47. Driving ability aside, horsepower is horsepower, right? It should come down to horsepower to weight? My car has had the full lightening treatment. Rear seat delete, no sound deadening everything not needed is gone. It does have a full cage in it but, the extra weight should be offset by the stiffening of the chassis. I'm sure the Saleen is probably a more comfortable, quiter ride. At the probable cost of weight.
As far as the driving, I'm talking about the cars. You were saying the Saleen is a faster car. I am talking with the same driver in both cars.
The Saleen has 435 BHP. I don't know how much parasitic loss that there would be at the wheels but, I bet it's more than 15 HP.
I'm sure the Saleen is a nicer, more polished and comfortable car.

PONY Member
S197 Member

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Turk1 View Post
I'm running the same stuff, other than the suspension. My car has a road racing suspension, built by Agent 47. Driving ability aside, horsepower is horsepower, right? It should come down to horsepower to weight? My car has had the full lightening treatment. Rear seat delete, no sound deadening everything not needed is gone. It does have a full cage in it but, the extra weight should be offset by the stiffening of the chassis. I'm sure the Saleen is probably a more comfortable, quiter ride. At the probable cost of weight.
As far as the driving, I'm talking about the cars. You were saying the Saleen is a faster car. I am talking with the same driver in both cars.
The Saleen has 435 BHP. I don't know how much parasitic loss that there would be at the wheels but, I bet it's more than 15 HP.
I'm sure the Saleen is a nicer, more polished and comfortable car.
I wasn't aware you had all the goodies, just thought you had the S/C.You should be the same if not faster, especially with the NT01s.

The Saleen is a nice car, I love mine. However with the Racecraft suspension and 20 inch wheels, it rides a little rough on some roads and like a tank on others. I do love how it just sticks to the road. Your car sounds very similar, it's a nice car and I like your colors.

Good luck at the track.

post #11 of 14 (permalink) Old 04-08-2015 Thread Starter
Rookie

I went through your gallery. Very nice car. You are right, good suspension and smooth ride are two different things. No free lunch, huh? I'm just curious. Like I said, I'll give it a go and report back with some numbers. Thanks for the response

Apprentice

Garage
How does your car ride on the highway with the 4.10's? Are the rpm's too high in top gear, say around 80 mph?

'15 GT w/PP - Deep Impact Blue - Kooks Long Tube Catted Headers & Cat-Back w/H-Pipe; Steeda ProFlow CAI; BBK 85MM Throttle Body; Tuned by Evans-Tuning; Steeda IRS Subframe Bushing Support System, Alignment Kit, Support Braces, Urethane Differential Bushings, and Vertical Links; Dynotech Aluminum Driveshaft; Ford Performance GT350 Halfshafts; Ford Racing Short Shifter; JLT Oil Separator; Silver MMD V-Series Stripes; AMSOIL Signature Series 5W-20 oil, Severe Gear Rear Diff and Trans Fluids.
Rookie

I'll predict 12.4-12.6 @ 113'ish. Good luck and keep us posted!
post #14 of 14 (permalink) Old 05-21-2015 Thread Starter
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mimi86GT View Post
How does your car ride on the highway with the 4.10's? Are the rpm's too high in top gear, say around 80 mph?
70ish I'm running around 2500 if I remember right. I don't see any problem at all with that. It's getting better than 20 mpg there too. Surprises me

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Mustang Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a VALID email address for yourself, otherwise you will not receive the necessary confirmation email needed to confirm, validate and activate your new AFM member account.

Failure to provide a VALID email address, will result in the cancellation of your new AFM member account registration.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page