Site Issue - Ford Mustang Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 7 (permalink) Old 09-28-2018 Thread Starter
BOSS Member

Site Issue

Hi Guys, I know you have been working on getting things back up but it seems since the "transfer", we can only post replies in "advance" mode and the "tools" is still no-active...fyi

Thanks,

Jeff the "Beechkid"

:hello:
Member: Never trust a person over 40 who drives a Chevy club
Flatheads ain't so bad!
Certified backyard mechanic I & II
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 7 (permalink) Old 09-28-2018
GT Member

testing - This post was composed via the quick reply frame without "going advanced".

The TOOLS tab under the main banner works for me. But here's the thing- the little arrow icon next to where it says TOOLS isn't responding. Given that it's pointing downward, I would expect the icon to deploy the drop-down menu. But it doesn't do anything.

The arrows on the other tabs ("FORUMS", "NEW POSTS", and "GARAGE") don't open up their respective drop-down menus either. I can still see the drop-down menus by clicking on the text part of those tabs, but clicking on the arrow icon navigates me away from the page that I'm on. It's definitely counter-intuitive.

The arrow next to "FORUMS" takes me to the front page of the forums. The arrow next to "NEW POSTS" takes me to threads updated since my last visit (this does not appear to be an option included in the NEW POSTS drop-down menu). And the arrow next to "GARAGE" takes me to the main garage index page (also known as "All Garages" via the drop-down).

1995 Mustang GT (5.0), daily driver
1995 GMC C2500 (5.7), alternate daily driver
post #3 of 7 (permalink) Old 10-01-2018
Site Administrator

those downward arrows don't do anything. it just indicates that the tab is a drop down menu.

Lee

Site Administrator

post #4 of 7 (permalink) Old 10-01-2018
Site Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beechkid View Post
Hi Guys, I know you have been working on getting things back up but it seems since the "transfer", we can only post replies in "advance" mode and the "tools" is still no-active...fyi

Thanks,

Jeff the "Beechkid"
what browser are you using?

Lee

Site Administrator
post #5 of 7 (permalink) Old 10-01-2018
GT Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by admin View Post
those downward arrows don't do anything. it just indicates that the tab is a drop down menu.

Lee
They do though. The "FORUMS", "NEW POSTS", and "GARAGE" arrows are taking me away from the page. At least, that's how they're behaving on my end.

Are you saying that they're not doing that on your end? Or are you just confirming that that's a thing that they're not supposed to be doing?

The "TOOLS" arrow is the only arrow that doesn't respond to my clicking it. It won't navigate me away from the page, but it won't deploy the drop-down menu either. I have to click the text part of the tab that says "TOOLS" in order to deploy the drop-down. Is that how it's supposed to behave?

1995 Mustang GT (5.0), daily driver
1995 GMC C2500 (5.7), alternate daily driver
post #6 of 7 (permalink) Old 10-02-2018 Thread Starter
BOSS Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by admin View Post
what browser are you using?

Lee
Hi!

Typically IE but same issue with edge......BTW the posting is now working!!! Thanks....just the "tools" now needs TLC

:hello:
Member: Never trust a person over 40 who drives a Chevy club
Flatheads ain't so bad!
Certified backyard mechanic I & II
post #7 of 7 (permalink) Old 10-03-2018
Site Administrator

Hey there,

This is working on my end, this is what I'm seeing:
Site Issue-capture.png

What skin are you using?
If you're on IE can you try this? Tools>Internet Options>Security tab>Custom Level button>Display Mixed Content>Enable (was set to "Prompt")

Ed

Site Administrator
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Mustang Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a VALID email address for yourself, otherwise you will not receive the necessary confirmation email needed to confirm, validate and activate your new AFM member account.

Failure to provide a VALID email address, will result in the cancellation of your new AFM member account registration.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page