Did You Purchase Your Mustang Stock or Modified? - Ford Mustang Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 6 (permalink) Old 11-04-2014 Thread Starter
Site Sponsor

Did You Purchase Your Mustang Stock or Modified?

It is difficult to find a solid used car these days. Did you purchase your Mustang new/stock or was it already somewhat modded by the PO? If your car was already modified, did you purchase the vehicle to save time and money on your own build? Did you remove some of the aftermarket parts and sell them to offset the purchase price? If you bought your car stock, was it new, or because you wanted a blank canvas to start with?

Flowmaster Inc.
Phone: (707)-544-4761 M-F 6am5pm PST, Sat 7:30am5pm PST
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 (permalink) Old 11-05-2014
Apprentice

Garage
I bought mine stock with low miles. I feel it is less likely to have been abused if it is stock (as opposed to modified). You never know if someone knew what they were doing when modifying their car. Probably will never buy a modified car unless I knew the owner.

post #3 of 6 (permalink) Old 11-05-2014
Rookie

I purchased my '05 GT modified due to popular opinions such as the previous post keeping sale prices down. For the record, Kyle's correct.

I've had several issues that can be attributed to the amateur build. That said, I could never have built a 460hp N/A 3V Mustang with an upgraded suspension, body panels, paint, and premium aftermarket wheels and tires for the money I have invested.

IMO the modified car is not a bad way to go, but hold back 20% of the purchase price for those issues, and by all means don't purchase a modified car as your daily driver. I haven't had my car in my garage since my last HPDE in September because it's been in the shop for repairs and upgrades.

post #4 of 6 (permalink) Old 11-05-2014
Apprentice

I bought mine stock. There may be some good built ones out there but also it could be problems that come along with that.

2002 Mustang GT Convertible
CAI, 4.10s, Bama Tuned
More to come.....
post #5 of 6 (permalink) Old 11-05-2014
Rookie

I bought mine stock, used; because I wanted to Mod it myself. In time, since Moding is pretty expensive. haha
post #6 of 6 (permalink) Old 12-03-2014
BOSS Member
4.6L Member

Garage
I bought mine stock back in 2012 with 137k miles on it. It now has 162k and many bolts ons/suspension upgrades. Been solid as a rock...drive it in the rain, snow, sleet, sunshine

Matthew 26:52-54 / Go Pack Go!

1987 Mustang GT Hatchback - 2V Mod Swap In The Works

1997 Lincoln Town Car, PI Intake/Cams, Sofa-On-Wheels, "Fat Tony" we call it

2001 GT Convertible - D1SC / Geared / Cammed / 440wh 400wt - TOTALED 2/2019
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Mustang Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a VALID email address for yourself, otherwise you will not receive the necessary confirmation email needed to confirm, validate and activate your new AFM member account.

Failure to provide a VALID email address, will result in the cancellation of your new AFM member account registration.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page