This is FUNNY because it's true - Ford Mustang Forum
Like Tree10Likes
  • 9 Post By bossfrog
  • 1 Post By Zbird

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 9 (permalink) Old 04-08-2018 Thread Starter
Rookie

This is FUNNY because it's true

I was at work last night talking to a couple guys about ways to get a little extra MPG from your vehicle. Specifically this guy Braydon was asking us about it. I told him just keep your foot out of the gas pedal and accelerate slower, etc. This other guy Marty speaks up and said that he found a video years ago that had a tip to increase MPG by 10-12% for only a few bucks. So of course Braydon wanted to know what it was.

Marty said all you had to do was change your speedometer gear to one with fewer teeth. He said he changed the gear in his F150 six years ago and his highway mpg went from 18 mpg to almost 22 mpg. I thought he was joking at first but he was dead serious!

That actually explained a lot because he is always complaining that almost everyone drives so much faster today than they did 10 years ago and he must be the only person staying within 5 mph of the speed limit anymore.

I quietly wondered if he has noticed how much further he has to drive to get to work now than he did 6 years ago. LOL

Me and Braydon were going to clue him in but he seems pretty proud of himself for increasing his MPG and we didn't want the guy to feel like a total idiot. Besides, we figured if he's that stupid, then anything slowing him down on the highway is probably good anyway.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 9 (permalink) Old 04-08-2018
GT Member

LOL, I wonder if he's noticed that his oil change intervals have become a lot more frequent... Eh, he'd probably just brag that the oil is less dirty between changes.

1995 Mustang GT (5.0), daily driver
1995 GMC C2500 (5.7), alternate daily driver
post #3 of 9 (permalink) Old 04-08-2018 Thread Starter
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Urambo Tauro View Post
LOL, I wonder if he's noticed that his oil change intervals have become a lot more frequent... Eh, he'd probably just brag that the oil is less dirty between changes.
LOL

He said he's put 180K on it since then but it can't be more than 160K.

post #4 of 9 (permalink) Old 04-09-2018
Apprentice

Garage
That just made my night at work! Thanks I needed a good laugh.
We have a few people like that in our company too. The one guy brags every year about how much he gets back on his income tax thinking he is getting one over on the government. He is single and claims 0 of course. I tried explaining the obvious to him but he just looks at me with a blank stare and I know that he thinks I am a complete moron for not doing the same.....
Old Goat Ninja likes this.
post #5 of 9 (permalink) Old 04-20-2018
GT Member
Classic Member
V6 Member
S197 Member

Garage
LOL Zbird My cousin sing's that same tune during tax time! and my cousin is as dumb as a box of rocks!

"ONX PNY"

2009 MUSTANG (45TH Aniversary) premium w/pony package.
AUTO, Leather, IUP, Kenwood DDX393/Speakers
A.M Bullitt wheels W/custom center caps
RAXIOM RETRO'S Black turn signals/Tinted rear bumper lights cobra Roadster hood that's functional and many other mods

Yes I know my user name doesn't match my car color

1966 coupe 289 2V C code factory BENCH/P/S
post #6 of 9 (permalink) Old 06-26-2018
Rookie

That's one of the funniest I've heard in a long time. I want a link to the video so I can get it started circulating around facebook. Roflmao
post #7 of 9 (permalink) Old 06-26-2018
PONY Member

Hahahahahaha, this is great. I love working with people like that. Just makes you wonder how they don't fall down more.

2014 Mustang GT Premium 401a; "Now you can add Premium to your signature." - Thereaper
post #8 of 9 (permalink) Old 06-26-2018
SENIOR AFM MEMBER
V6 Member
4.6L Member
5.0L Member
S197 Member

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by bossfrog View Post
LOL

He said he's put 180K on it since then but it can't be more than 160K.
I was thinking about this thinking man he is devaluing his car faster with the extra miles. hahaha

Past Mustangs in order and color of text.
(1.)2000, (2.)2004, (3.)2006GT/Auto traded for (4.)2006GT/Manual, (5.)1996, (6.)2011GT, (7.)2003GT, (8.)2006GT, (9.)
2013 Boss 302, and (10.) 2002GT (I have owned a few non Mustang cars over the years as well, but always try to have a Mustang with it or come quickly back to a Mustang!)
post #9 of 9 (permalink) Old 06-26-2018
GT Member
4.6L Member
S197 Member

I put an 8" antenna on my Mustang last week cuz my OEM one died from a bird strike, and my mpg went up by a bunch. I'm thinking of getting shorter valve stems next.

Marty and wife on vacation.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	deer.jpg
Views:	38
Size:	294.3 KB
ID:	603783  

130 total pounds of Pitbull ruled by 8 pounds of cat.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Mustang Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a VALID email address for yourself, otherwise you will not receive the necessary confirmation email needed to confirm, validate and activate your new AFM member account.

Failure to provide a VALID email address, will result in the cancellation of your new AFM member account registration.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page