Name:	A705E38E-9A66-4E95-AEC8-15C5EBC18561_1531567183455.jpg
Views:	28
Size:	547.1 KB
ID:	604075  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 (permalink) Old 07-14-2018
PONY Member

That's the kind of thing I used to do on my bike as a kid. I drive responsibly now however, too much is at stake to be foolish these days.

post #3 of 4 (permalink) Old 07-15-2018
GT Member
Classic Member
5.0L Member

Garage
Send a message via Skype™ to Grimbrand
"Responsibly" to me means that I am not going to cause property damage, get tickets, or injure anyone. If I accept that my own vehicle may need new tires or a bit of maintenance after creating some much-needed tire smoke, what's the harm?

Tire smoke is magical. It has long-lasting effects on people, and causes some odd side effects like turning the corners of your mouth upward, along with involuntary whooping and hollering.

Hell, after getting a new car one time (a little 1st gen MR2) I drove 3 1/2 hours to Kansas City and showed my aunt Bert (who I am not even particularly close to!) what doughnuts were. Even SHE now appreciates the beneficial effects of tire smoke, and if I may be blunt, she's a little dull.

So good on you, and many more wonderful trips to the lake! Learning to use your car in a situation where there's nothing to hit, and no one to kill if you screw up? Winning.

I smile a lot. It makes people wonder what I'm up to...

post #4 of 4 (permalink) Old 07-15-2018
PONY Member

I never said harmful, I said foolish. But, suppose there is a small stone you didn't see... and a person walking in just the wrong place at just the wrong time that you never saw...It could be a dangerous or deadly situation that you never saw coming. It's always better to err on the side of caution. If you want to play, rent a track for a day. If you want to learn to handle the car under conditions that could be hazardous, Bob Bondurant has a place and class for exactly that. For a couple hundred for the day, it's cheap insurance.
Using public roads to do dangerous and illegal things even if you think there is no one around is simply foolish. The law does not say, "unless there is no one around" lol.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Mustang Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a VALID email address for yourself, otherwise you will not receive the necessary confirmation email needed to confirm, validate and activate your new AFM member account.

Failure to provide a VALID email address, will result in the cancellation of your new AFM member account registration.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page