Money sucking "love" of my life.....
MACH I Member

Garage
Vehicle Name Money sucking "love" of my life.....
Year 1988
Make Ford
Model Mustang LX
Color Bright Red
Packages LX
1988 Ford Mustang LX
1988 Ford Mustang LX 1988 Ford Mustang LX
History Bought this car as a rolling rusting shell 2 years ago, was missing more than I expected. Many, many, MANY thousands later (buying almost all used parts too), it is on the road. Very happy, car is quite quick and a handful on the street. Can't wait to keep adding more parts.

UPDATE 8/17/2015 FINALLY PASSED THE E-TEST!!!!! I CAN ACTUALLY DROVE IT ONE THE ROAD NOW!!!!!!!!!
Exterior
1988 Ford Mustang LX Exterior
Nothing yet outside of 17" Cobra rims.

Interior
1988 Ford Mustang LX Interior
89+ Base gray seats, no rug yet, rest of interior (plastics and headliner) OK. Considering a rear seat delete. At least I have a floor mat to hide the one hole in the floor under the clutch pedal, lol.

In-Car Entertainment
None, only sound I need is the motor.

Under the Hood
1988 Ford Mustang LX Under the Hood 1988 Ford Mustang LX Under the Hood
All the Foxbody bolt-ons known to man. Plus a B-cam! (Yes that is sarcasm)

1993 FFRP Cobra 5.0 intake (found one new, unused OEM)
B303 cam with FFRP lifters/hardened puishrods/1.7RR (Crane)
GT40 heads extensive porting double springs and high end valves held down by ARP studs
BBK 70MM TB and CAI
BBK Longtubes ceramic coated and BBK catted X-pipe w/flowmasters and stock chrome tailpipes
stock bottom end that has seen some hard miles and still pulls like a scalded dog!

Suspension
1988 Ford Mustang LX Suspension 1988 Ford Mustang LX Suspension 1988 Ford Mustang LX Suspension
All new suspension installed: CJ Pony tubular rear arms, Urethane bushings everywhere, new FFRP differential rubber bushings, 1995 Cobra R springs, KYG GR2 all around/with Monroe HD Quads, Steeda bumpsteer kit,2000 17"x9.5" Cobra R wheels w 255/40 up front 275/40 out back.

Custom 2 point K-Member brace and custom strut tower brace both made by me.

3:55 gears with a stock whiny T-5. Rear end is starting to sound wonky too, lol.

Can't wait to change the rear brakes to disks.

Wheel and Tire
1988 Ford Mustang LX Wheel and Tire
255/40R17 up front Kumho Ecsta
275/40/17 out back Fuzion ZR1
On replica 9.5" wide 2000 Cobra R 17" rims
Views: 808

For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome

Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO 3.6.1