Vehicle Name Thunder
Year 1964
Make Ford
Model Thunderbird
Color Wimbledon white
Packages Pretty bare from the factory.
1964 Ford Thunderbird
1964 Ford Thunderbird
History My wife's step-dad bought this used in the late 60's. He drove it in Rockland County NY, and his sons also drove it, for a about 85K salt infested miles. I purchased the non-running vehicle in 1986 for $1 and towed it behind my 85 TBird all the way to my apartment in Syracuse. There I rebuilt the suspension and brakes so I could drive it to my next apartment, then to my first house, then to me second house...

It took me until 2012 to get the time and money to restore the remainder. I have since rebuilt everything, down to every nut and bolt.
Exterior
1964 Ford Thunderbird Exterior 1964 Ford Thunderbird Exterior
Rust and minor collision repair. Both rear fenders, front right fender, trunk lid and and hood all replaced. Both floor pans and the entire floor of the trunk, replaced. Sanded to bare metal, polyester primers, build primers, block sanded, two color coats and three coats of clear.

Original glass tinted.

Interior
1964 Ford Thunderbird Interior 1964 Ford Thunderbird Interior
Completely redone with all leather upholstery, pleather dash cover with French stitching, 3 point retractable seat belts, all finish panels cleaned and re-finished. New headliner, sound insulation, all new chrome or stainless screws.

In-Car Entertainment
700 watt stereo with subwoofer, Bluetooth, GPS with reverse camera.

Under the Hood
1964 Ford Thunderbird Under the Hood 1964 Ford Thunderbird Under the Hood 1964 Ford Thunderbird Under the Hood
Original FE390 bored, decked, balanced, oiling modifications, forged pistons, hydraulic roller cam, roller timing set, hydraulic roller lifters, adjustable shaft-mounted rocker set. All ARP bolts. FAST EFI 1.0, CDI and coil. Pertronics distributor, original COM transmission rebuilt and powder coated silver and black. Offenhauser valve covers. Original air cleaner modified with second snorkel. March serpentine belt kit. Dual master cylinder power brakes. AC. Mark VIII electric fan. Electric fuel pump. 100 amp alternator and late model electrical power panel.

Suspension
Front disk brake kit, heavy-duty sway bars front and rear.

Wheel and Tire
15 x 6 stainless wire wheels with 225R70 white walls.
Views: 643

For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome

Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO 3.6.1