Roush Delivers 700 hp Mustang With a Warranty - Ford Mustang Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
post #1 of 2 (permalink) Old 04-06-2018 Thread Starter
AllFordMustangs.com Homepage Feed

Roush Delivers 700 hp Mustang With a Warranty

I never thought that I would look at a 700 hp Mustang and think “oh look, another 700 hp Mustang.” But that’s where we are. The best time there has ever been if you want a Mustang that has unholy amounts of horsepower and you want it from a dealer showroom. This one comes from … Continue reading Roush Delivers 700 hp Mustang With a Warranty

The post Roush Delivers 700 hp Mustang With a Warranty appeared first on AllFordMustangs.

I never thought that I would look at a 700 hp Mustang and think “oh look, another 700 hp Mustang.” But that’s where we are. The best time there has ever been if you want a Mustang that has unholy amounts of horsepower and you want it from a dealer showroom.

This one comes from long-time Ford tuner Roush. The company has been building Fast Fords for more than 25 years. The latest kit punches up the 2018 Mustang GT’s 5.0L V8 to 700 hp and 610 lb-ft of torque thanks to a 2.65L Eaton R2650 supercharger.

And this one works on other versions of the 5.0L. Want a 640 hp, 600 lb-ft F-150? Book it. Done. Even better, have it installed at an authorized Ford dealer, and you get a three-year, 36,000-mile warranty. A warranty. On a 700 hp car. One that can be had for under $8,000 plus installation, and with either the six-speed stick or 10-speed automatic.

Things are heating up under the hood as we get closer to the weather heating up outside. Long live cheap gas and big horsepower pony cars.

The post Roush Delivers 700 hp Mustang With a Warranty appeared first on AllFordMustangs.

More...

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 2 (permalink) Old 04-06-2018
BOSS Member

IMHO, Roush has turned into just another..."Go-Fast-Racer" shop.....this is just just one of many, many examples I have seen and speaking with people as well, they are not "driven" to purchase anything from Roush, Saleen, etc.
Roush Dyno Tune
Posted August 26, 2012
Bad situation-Need help! - Vintage Mustang Forums
To make an extremely long storyshort. I need someone to tell me who to talk to for help. I have posted severaltimes and got a lot of help. Got my engine build finished in May. Ran great.Took it to Roush Racing for a tune. It is a 93, efi, 302 with several upgrades.Went to get it from Roush and the water hose had blown and torn up my brand newhood I just had painted. It can be fixed. Drove the car home and it would notstart the next day. Finally found the adapter between the TPS and painlessharness was missing. Fixed that. It would not idle consistently. Took it backto Roush. They said it was fixed. Went less than 1/2 mile and it was idling at2500 rpm. Took it back. They were lost. Said to bring it back. Never did sinceI had no confidence in them. The head of the dyno room called someone else foradvice. Took it to a friend who restores cars. He went back through all thewiring (Painless), changed IAC, changed to stock computer, and ran diagnostics.Never could get to idle consitently. Still between 1800 and 2500. Read theforums and found Pro Dyno in Rock Hill, SC to be one of the best. It has beenthere for 6 weeks now. Changed computers again, IAC, and TPS. Added FPA headersand Magnaflow 2 1/2 exhaust and retuned. Pulled over 300 rwhp, 330 torque andthey told me to come and get it. I drove it around the block and it ran great.Was going to get gas across the street and it went crazy again. Then it would notstart until I bled the fuel rail. It is still there and they are lost. Onlysuggestion is to start changing parts which are all new. It is now grounded tothe frame=twice, battery, and body twice so it is not the ground. It could becoincidence but I have not been able to drive it anywhere since I took it toRoush in May. Pro Dyno is supposed to be the best and they are baffled. Onlyway they could get it to idle correctly was to disconnect IAC. I need help. Iam totally disgusted. If you need to talk, PM me and I will give you all mypersonal contact info. Thanks for any help. I am out of options.

:hello:
Member: Never trust a person over 40 who drives a Chevy club
Flatheads ain't so bad!
Certified backyard mechanic I & II
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Tags
None

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Mustang Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a VALID email address for yourself, otherwise you will not receive the necessary confirmation email needed to confirm, validate and activate your new AFM member account.

Failure to provide a VALID email address, will result in the cancellation of your new AFM member account registration.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: