Shelby GT500 Will Also Be the Most Expensive Factory Mustang Ever Sold - Ford Mustang Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
post #1 of 2 (permalink) Old 3 Weeks Ago Thread Starter
AllFordMustangs.com Homepage Feed

Shelby GT500 Will Also Be the Most Expensive Factory Mustang Ever Sold

Along with being the most powerful (street legal) Mustang to ever leave the factory, the Shelby GT500 will also by the most expensive. Topping out at more than $90,000 with a few optional extras, Mustang buyers will have to outspend their pony car competitors.  That price includes the fancy Carbon Fiber Track Package, though, which … Continue reading Shelby GT500 Will Also Be the Most Expensive Factory Mustang Ever Sold

The post Shelby GT500 Will Also Be the Most Expensive Factory Mustang Ever Sold appeared first on AllFordMustangs.

Along with being the most powerful (street legal) Mustang to ever leave the factory, the Shelby GT500 will also by the most expensive. Topping out at more than $90,000 with a few optional extras, Mustang buyers will have to outspend their pony car competitors.

That price includes the fancy Carbon Fiber Track Package, though, which includes carbon fibre wheels wrapped in Michelin Pilot Sport Cup 2 track tires, an adjustable carbon fiber wing, dive planes in the front, and the deletion of the back seats. All in, in costs $18,500.

The base price, accounting for the $2,600 guzzler tax, is $73,995. That still makes it more expensive than the competition, with the Camaro ZL1 Starting at just $64,695 (and offering 100 fewer hp) and the Challenger Hellcat Redeye starting at $73,440.

Ford will also offer a $1,500 handling package that adds adjustable strut top mounts, removable splitter endplates, and a gurney flap. The Technology package, meanwhile, costs $3,000 and offers an upgraded sound system, blind-spot monitoring, rain sensing wipers, navigation, puddle lams in the shape of a Cobra.

As we know by now, the GT500 will make a 760 hp and 625 lb-ft of torque. That power will come from a supercharged 5.2-liter V8. The GT500 goes on sale this fall.

[source: Car and Driver]

The post Shelby GT500 Will Also Be the Most Expensive Factory Mustang Ever Sold appeared first on AllFordMustangs.

More...

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 2 (permalink) Old 3 Weeks Ago
MACH I Member
4.6L Member
S197 Member

Garage
I don't know. Maybe I'm just outta touch in the Hotrod world but if I had that kinda money to spend on a car, it wouldn't be this one.
With your fingers, cover up the catfish mouth on the car in the picture,and pretend the badging isn't on the quarter panel.
It looks like an everyday, modern GT!!
I would get a real sweet classic before I'd by that........and there's a good possibility it wouldn't even be a Ford.

08 GT 5spd
Spectra CAI, Comp Cam Detroit Rockers, Kooks headers w/catted H-pipe, Revolution Automotive dyno tuned, FB430 race mufflers, 3.55s, JLT catch can, BMR Lca's and relo brackets. Prothane motor mounts and sway bar bushings.
20% tint, smoked markers and tail lights w/sequentials. Clear front signal covers, series 3 chin spoiler.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Tags
None

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Mustang Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a VALID email address for yourself, otherwise you will not receive the necessary confirmation email needed to confirm, validate and activate your new AFM member account.

Failure to provide a VALID email address, will result in the cancellation of your new AFM member account registration.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: