Democrat Lawmakers Ask if Trump Played Part in Antitrust Investigation Against Ford, - Ford Mustang Forum
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By ONEZ ST

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
post #1 of 8 (permalink) Old 4 Weeks Ago Thread Starter
AllFordMustangs.com Homepage Feed

Democrat Lawmakers Ask if Trump Played Part in Antitrust Investigation Against Ford,

A new report says a pair of Democratic lawmakers are asking questions to find out if President Trump interfered with or directed an antitrust probe of four automakers who made a voluntary agreement with California over reduced tailpipe emissions. The report from Reuters says that Jerrold Nadler, chair of the House of Representatives Judiciary Committee, … Continue reading Democrat Lawmakers Ask if Trump Played Part in Antitrust Investigation Against Ford, Others Over California Emissions

The post Democrat Lawmakers Ask if Trump Played Part in Antitrust Investigation Against Ford, Others Over California Emissions appeared first on AllFordMustangs.

A new report says a pair of Democratic lawmakers are asking questions to find out if President Trump interfered with or directed an antitrust probe of four automakers who made a voluntary agreement with California over reduced tailpipe emissions.

The report from Reuters says that Jerrold Nadler, chair of the House of Representatives Judiciary Committee, and Representative David Cicilline, head of the antitrust subcommittee, asked White House counsel Patrick Cipollone and Makan Delrahim, Assistant Attorney General for the Justice Department’s Antitrust Division, to turn over any documents or communications between Trump, White House staff or Justice Department officials regarding the probe into Ford, the Volkswagen Group, Honda, and BMW.

“Actual interference would of course constitute a serious abuse of power,” the two lawmakers put in a letter seen by Reuters. They said the probe appears to be “another example of the administration’s weaponization of the antitrust laws to target perceived political adversaries of the president.”

Delrahim confirmed he sent letters to the four automakers asking questions for testimony in front of a Senate panel. The report says that four Senate Democrats wrote to US Attorney General William Barr for documents about trumps involvement in the probe and three others had written letters saying they opposed the probe.

The post Democrat Lawmakers Ask if Trump Played Part in Antitrust Investigation Against Ford, Others Over California Emissions appeared first on AllFordMustangs.

More...

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 8 (permalink) Old 4 Weeks Ago
GT Member
4.6L Member
S197 Member

Get politics off the open part of the forum.

130 total pounds of Pitbull ruled by 8 pounds of cat.
post #3 of 8 (permalink) Old 4 Weeks Ago
PONY Member

Garage
I agree with Dana W. The Democrats have to stop blaming PRESIDENT TRUMP for everything since the world began.

post #4 of 8 (permalink) Old 3 Weeks Ago
GLOBAL MODERATOR
5.0L Member
S197 Member

This is an Rssfeedbot post on a Ford related issue.

I'm inclined to leave it here for the education of our Ford community members in an open forum that is not for heated debate like the HotHostZone (HHZ) that requires a second password to access.

If comments step over the line in the open forum I would close the thread. Maybe one of the site admins will address this further.
B.Cooper likes this.

----------------------------
2019 Charger Scat Pack White
2012 Mustang GT, Roush 2300 Black
2006 Mustang V6 Manual Legend Lime Sold
2016 Jeep Willys Silver Vin 060 RIP
2016 Jeep Willys Silver Vin 059 Sold
post #5 of 8 (permalink) Old 3 Weeks Ago
Administrator
Classic Member
4.6L Member
5.0L Member
S197 Member

I agree with ONEZ ST, it is a ford related issue so we will let it go for now.

Engine mods - all stock, trust me, wanna run??!!!
post #6 of 8 (permalink) Old 3 Weeks Ago
SENIOR AFM MEMBER
V6 Member
4.6L Member
5.0L Member
S197 Member

Garage
Just curious in general who posts for RSSFeedbot? I have always wondered this when I see posts from the account.

Current Mustang
2012 GT500 silver with red stripe, SVT performance package, and Recaro seats.

Past Mustangs in order and color of text.
(1.)2000, (2.)2004, (3.)2006GT/Auto traded for (4.)2006GT/Manual, (5.)1996, (6.)2011GT, (7.)2003GT, (8.)2006GT, (9.)
2013 Boss 302, and (10.) 2002GT (I have owned a few non Mustang cars over the years as well, but always try to have a Mustang with it or come quickly back to a Mustang!)
post #7 of 8 (permalink) Old 3 Weeks Ago
Administrator
Classic Member
4.6L Member
5.0L Member
S197 Member

I know it's a feed from the home page that gives info on anything Ford/Mustang related, so in short I believe it to be posted from the site itself.

Engine mods - all stock, trust me, wanna run??!!!
post #8 of 8 (permalink) Old 3 Weeks Ago
GLOBAL MODERATOR
5.0L Member
S197 Member

I'm going to take a wild wild web guess and say whoever is the top dog Administrator for this wesite set up the RSS feed file. So, what you have is a tool that links articles and stories and maybe blogs to AFM Home Page News.

----------------------------
2019 Charger Scat Pack White
2012 Mustang GT, Roush 2300 Black
2006 Mustang V6 Manual Legend Lime Sold
2016 Jeep Willys Silver Vin 060 RIP
2016 Jeep Willys Silver Vin 059 Sold
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Tags
None

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Mustang Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a VALID email address for yourself, otherwise you will not receive the necessary confirmation email needed to confirm, validate and activate your new AFM member account.

Failure to provide a VALID email address, will result in the cancellation of your new AFM member account registration.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: