Ford Teases Electric Mustang-Inspired Crossover - Ford Mustang Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
post #1 of 11 (permalink) Old 10-25-2019 Thread Starter
AllFordMustangs.com Homepage Feed

Ford Teases Electric Mustang-Inspired Crossover

11.17.19 | Mark your calendar. ? The Mustang-inspired all-electric SUV is coming. #ElectricAndUntamed pic.twitter.com/uAq5nai88i — Ford Motor Company (@Ford) October 24, 2019 Ford finally gave us a hint of what its electric crossover. The story continued from there, though. Shortly after that, a allegedly leaked cad file of the crossover showed up on Facebook. As … Continue reading Ford Teases Electric Mustang-Inspired Crossover

The post Ford Teases Electric Mustang-Inspired Crossover appeared first on AllFordMustangs.

11.17.19 | Mark your calendar.

The Mustang-inspired all-electric SUV is coming. #ElectricAndUntamed pic.twitter.com/uAq5nai88i

— Ford Motor Company (@Ford) October 24, 2019

Ford finally gave us a hint of what its electric crossover. The story continued from there, though. Shortly after that, a allegedly leaked cad file of the crossover showed up on Facebook.

As promised, the crossover does, indeed, bear a resemblance to the Mustang. In particular, the tail lights and the rear-haunch of the vehicle share a lot in common with the Mustang. The teaser also informs us that Ford will unveil the vehicle on November 17, 2019.

Which is all well and good, but if you aren’t interested in waiting that long to make up your mind about the crossover–whether it’s an abomination using the Mustang’s name in vain or something worse–you can take a look at this CAD drawing.

Posted by Allcarnews, the technical drawing is allegedly from Ford. The source of the drawing is unknown, though, and as such we would recommend it be paired with a grain of salt.

We’ll find out just how accurate ACN’s renderings are on November 17.

The post Ford Teases Electric Mustang-Inspired Crossover appeared first on AllFordMustangs.

More...

Last edited by admin; 4 Weeks Ago at 03:07 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 11 (permalink) Old 10-26-2019
GLOBAL MODERATOR
5.0L Member
S197 Member

Eye roll.

----------------------------
2012 Mustang GT, Roush 2300 Black
2006 Mustang V6 Manual Legend Lime Sold
2019 Charger Scat Pack White
2016 Jeep Willys Silver Vin 060 RIP
2016 Jeep Willys Silver Vin 059 Sold
post #3 of 11 (permalink) Old 10-26-2019
Administrator
Classic Member
4.6L Member
5.0L Member
S197 Member

I really hope they don't even think about calling that thing a mustang.

Engine mods - all stock, trust me, wanna run??!!!

post #4 of 11 (permalink) Old 10-26-2019
GLOBAL MODERATOR
5.0L Member
S197 Member

Anyone remember Robert McNamara? He was a president of Ford way back when the Falcon came out which later served as the base frame for the Mustang. Commonality we call it.

He later became secretary of defense under Kennedy, and pushed the defense department to embrace commonality of the F111 bomber to serve the USAF and Navy. It failed. The Navy tested a stubby nose version with heavy landing gear and figuratively ditched it. You can only take commonality so far before it backfires.

McNamara's ghost footprints still walk the halls of FoMoCo. Oh, how so? The Falcon inspired the Classic Mustang. Later the Fusion inspired the S550 Mustang and now the Mustang inspired the whatchmacallit.

Thus the reason for my eye roll in post 1.

post #5 of 11 (permalink) Old 10-26-2019
V6 Member
4.6L Member
5.0L Member
S197 Member

Garage
They did away with all cars, but the Mustang last year right? Well if they replace the Mustang coupe as we know it with a SUV I will be waving bye to Ford as I imagine I won’t be alone either... ha Now if they have some weird SUV version of the Mustang, but leave a V8 coupe option all will be ok I suppose. Haha

Current Garage
(11.)2012 GT500 silver with red stripe, SVT performance package, and Recaro seats.
2018 Honda Civic Type R
Past Mustangs in order and color of text.
(1.)2000, (2.)2004, (3.)2006GT/Auto traded for (4.)2006GT/Manual, (5.)1996, (6.)2011GT, (7.)2003GT, (8.)2006GT, (9)2013 Boss 302, and (10.) 2002GT
(I have owned a few non Mustang cars over the years as well, but always try to have a Mustang with it or come quickly back to a Mustang!)
post #6 of 11 (permalink) Old 10-26-2019
GT Member

I don't want to see the Mustang become less unique, sharing its design cues with other Fords. It would dilute the Mustang brand. The Mustang should always stand apart from any sort of fleetwide corporate grille.

As for the "Mach E" name, it's too similar to "Mach 1". It would be a good name for an electric-powered version of the Mustang, but it's too closely associated with the Mustang to put on anything that isn't a Mustang. And this thing, from what we've seen so far, is NO Mustang.

This crossover deserves its own look, and its own name.

1995 Mustang GT (5.0), daily driver
1995 GMC C2500 (5.7), alternate daily driver
post #7 of 11 (permalink) Old 10-27-2019
V6 Member
4.6L Member
5.0L Member
S197 Member

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Urambo Tauro View Post
I don't want to see the Mustang become less unique, sharing its design cues with other Fords. It would dilute the Mustang brand. The Mustang should always stand apart from any sort of fleetwide corporate grille.

As for the "Mach E" name, it's too similar to "Mach 1". It would be a good name for an electric-powered version of the Mustang, but it's too closely associated with the Mustang to put on anything that isn't a Mustang. And this thing, from what we've seen so far, is NO Mustang.

This crossover deserves its own look, and its own name.
Exactly, well said!

Current Garage
(11.)2012 GT500 silver with red stripe, SVT performance package, and Recaro seats.
2018 Honda Civic Type R
Past Mustangs in order and color of text.
(1.)2000, (2.)2004, (3.)2006GT/Auto traded for (4.)2006GT/Manual, (5.)1996, (6.)2011GT, (7.)2003GT, (8.)2006GT, (9)2013 Boss 302, and (10.) 2002GT
(I have owned a few non Mustang cars over the years as well, but always try to have a Mustang with it or come quickly back to a Mustang!)

Last edited by MustangLife; 10-27-2019 at 06:14 AM.
post #8 of 11 (permalink) Old 10-30-2019
Apprentice

Personally, I prefer to wait for the wind-powered Mustang. The Santa Ana Steed. Rolling blackouts make electric cars unreliable.

2018 GT Premium Fastback Lightning Blue/Auto10.
2017 Raptor Black/Auto10/Glass Roof.
post #9 of 11 (permalink) Old 4 Weeks Ago
PONY Member
4.6L Member
S197 Member

We should call it Watts-Stang

2007 GT Convertible •5 spd •450 rwhp 445 rwtq
Saleen Supercharged •C&L Racer CAI •Brenspeed Custom Dyno Tuned •3.73 FRPP •MGW Shifter •CHE K brace & torque limiters •Kooks 1 3/4" LT Headers 3" collectors 3" off road x-pipe •3" Magnaflow Magnapacks •18" FR500 Wheels •275 Rear Tires •GT500 Fuel Pump •Steeda Sports Springs •GT500 shocks struts front sway bar •Steeda LCA & pan hard bar •Slotted/Drilled Rotors •more...
Stock exterior for effect! ░▒▓█
post #10 of 11 (permalink) Old 4 Weeks Ago
PONY Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ONEZ ST View Post

He later became secretary of defense under Kennedy, and pushed the defense department to embrace commonality of the F111 bomber to serve the USAF and Navy. It failed. The Navy tested a stubby nose version with heavy landing gear and figuratively ditched it. You can only take commonality so far before it backfires.
But here we are today with the F35 with an Air Force, Navy and STOVL Marine versions.

Dave
post #11 of 11 (permalink) Old 4 Weeks Ago
GLOBAL MODERATOR
5.0L Member
S197 Member

Some things never change. Wait until a common component or key system shared with all of the variants has major failures or parts obsolescence.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Tags
None

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Mustang Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a VALID email address for yourself, otherwise you will not receive the necessary confirmation email needed to confirm, validate and activate your new AFM member account.

Failure to provide a VALID email address, will result in the cancellation of your new AFM member account registration.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: