?A New Horse is Joining the Stable:? Ford Officially Calls it the Mustang Mach E - Ford Mustang Forum
Like Tree4Likes
  • 1 Post By Urambo Tauro
  • 1 Post By ONEZ ST
  • 2 Post By 07redstang

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
post #1 of 8 (permalink) Old 4 Weeks Ago Thread Starter
AllFordMustangs.com Homepage Feed

?A New Horse is Joining the Stable:? Ford Officially Calls it the Mustang Mach E

Well, it’s official. Ford will call its all-electric, Mustang-apeing crossover the Mustang Mach-E. You may have seen spy shots of the car floating around on the internet recently, but Ford will officially unveil the car on November 17 at the LA Auto Show. Ford is feeling pretty confident about the car because not only will … Continue reading “A New Horse is Joining the Stable:” Ford Officially Calls it the Mustang Mach E

The post “A New Horse is Joining the Stable:” Ford Officially Calls it the Mustang Mach E appeared first on AllFordMustangs.

Well, it’s official. Ford will call its all-electric, Mustang-apeing crossover the Mustang Mach-E.

You may have seen spy shots of the car floating around on the internet recently, but Ford will officially unveil the car on November 17 at the LA Auto Show.

Ford is feeling pretty confident about the car because not only will it be live-streaming the event (which ends at 6:30 PST, 9:30 EST) but it will allow people to make reservations that day.

The event will be hosted by Idris Elba and people who want to reserve the car can do so for $500. When order books officially open next year, those people will be able to configure their Mach Es.

The brand calls the Mach E “an all electric, zero emission game changer delivering guilt-free performance for the next generation of thrill seekers.”

Unfortunately, we have no official performance figures yet, but they’ll likely be revealed along with the car on the 17th. Check back for the full story here.

The post “A New Horse is Joining the Stable:” Ford Officially Calls it the Mustang Mach E appeared first on AllFordMustangs.

More...

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 8 (permalink) Old 4 Weeks Ago
GT Member

So does this mean there's going to be a new tech subforum around here? All because Ford's too lazy to give this thing its own name & styling?

MustangLife likes this.

1995 Mustang GT (5.0), daily driver
1995 GMC C2500 (5.7), alternate daily driver
post #3 of 8 (permalink) Old 4 Weeks Ago
GLOBAL MODERATOR
5.0L Member
S197 Member

In all seriousness we probably will add a new forum for the Mach E. It's all part of the Mustang evolution.

Personally I won't dive into the drivers seat of one but I do find the reading in the Mach E forum, linked in story feed, intersting.

All I can say is electric golf carts have come a long way baby!
MustangLife likes this.

----------------------------
2012 Mustang GT, Roush 2300 Black
2006 Mustang V6 Manual Legend Lime Sold
2019 Charger Scat Pack White
2016 Jeep Willys Silver Vin 060 RIP
2016 Jeep Willys Silver Vin 059 Sold

post #4 of 8 (permalink) Old 4 Weeks Ago
PONY Member

I think I just threw up in my mouth a little...
Urambo Tauro and MustangLife like this.

post #5 of 8 (permalink) Old 4 Weeks Ago
V6 Member
4.6L Member
5.0L Member
S197 Member

Garage
I am just sure hoping they don't do away with the Mustang as a coupe. They did away with all cars, but the Mustang last year for crossovers and all that. If they stop producing the Mustang as a coupe I will be out... I want a sportscar not a crossover or anything like that...

Current Garage
(11.)2012 GT500 silver with red stripe, SVT performance package, and Recaro seats.
2018 Honda Civic Type R
Past Mustangs in order and color of text.
(1.)2000, (2.)2004, (3.)2006GT/Auto traded for (4.)2006GT/Manual, (5.)1996, (6.)2011GT, (7.)2003GT, (8.)2006GT, (9)2013 Boss 302, and (10.) 2002GT
(I have owned a few non Mustang cars over the years as well, but always try to have a Mustang with it or come quickly back to a Mustang!)
post #6 of 8 (permalink) Old 3 Weeks Ago
GT Member
Classic Member
5.0L Member

Garage
Send a message via Skype™ to Grimbrand
I wonder if Ralph Mach-E-O has one.

You know that if this thing's successful, they're going to ditch the expensive 'we do everything differently' car line of Mustangs, right? It's not the first time they've tried to get away from the old tried-and-true "small car, powerful engine, rear-wheel drive" formula for the Mustang either. Remember the Probe? That was *supposed* to be the new Mustang.

A company's urgent need for profits to satisfy their highly paid board members and investors will always trump sentimentality. And the advertising department's salaries depend on coming up with clever schemes.

"We need to get rid of all our cars and go to standardized parts and assembly lines for SUV's and trucks!" says the boss.

"But what about Mustang? That's our halo line of cars that we've made since the '60s! It's what everyone associates with Ford! Until we made that car, we were a laughingstock when it came to performance vehicles."

"Who cares? No one's racing, and we don't encourage people to work on their cars anymore anyway. Find a way to wean people off these low-slung fun-to-drive wonders and make it quick."

"Fine. We'll just make a new SUV, throw on some styling cues, and then to make sure no one misses that, we'll actually NAME it after a famous Mustang. And to make sure it's edgy and cool, and appeal to all the environmentalists who hate powerful musclecars, we'll make it electric! What can go wrong?"

Introducing the new "MUSTANG" Mach-E!

I smile a lot. It makes people wonder what I'm up to...
post #7 of 8 (permalink) Old 3 Weeks Ago
GLOBAL MODERATOR
5.0L Member
S197 Member

Light Bulb moment.

It dawned on me what the MACH-E is modeled after. The Fiesta.

----------------------------
2012 Mustang GT, Roush 2300 Black
2006 Mustang V6 Manual Legend Lime Sold
2019 Charger Scat Pack White
2016 Jeep Willys Silver Vin 060 RIP
2016 Jeep Willys Silver Vin 059 Sold
post #8 of 8 (permalink) Old 3 Weeks Ago
PONY Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ONEZ ST View Post
Light Bulb moment.

It dawned on me what the MACH-E is modeled after. The Fiesta.
No its the size of an Escape. Blehhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Tags
None

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Mustang Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a VALID email address for yourself, otherwise you will not receive the necessary confirmation email needed to confirm, validate and activate your new AFM member account.

Failure to provide a VALID email address, will result in the cancellation of your new AFM member account registration.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: