Alleged Mach-E Pricing, Specs, and Photos Leaked Ahead of LA Reveal - Page 3 - Ford Mustang Forum
Like Tree36Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
GLOBAL MODERATOR
5.0L Member
S197 Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by GT'sGT View Post
More cars were steam powered than were electric powered in 1900.

Of the 4,192 vehicles accounted for being produced in the United States in the 1900 Census, just 936 of them ran on gasoline, 1,575 were electric, and 1,681 ran on steam.
And in 1915 there were still 20 million horses. Far outnumbering ALL gas, steam and electrics. Today the number is about 9 million horses far outnumbering the estimated 1 million electrics in 2018. And you don't need a $7500 tax incentive to bribe someone to own a horse.

----------------------------
2012 Mustang GT, Roush 2300 Black
2006 Mustang V6 Manual Legend Lime Sold
2019 Charger Scat Pack White
2016 Jeep Willys Silver Vin 060 GBNF
2016 Jeep Willys Silver Vin 059 Sold
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

PONY Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ONEZ ST View Post
And in 1915 there were still 20 million horses. Far outnumbering ALL gas, steam and electrics. Today the number is about 9 million horses far outnumbering the estimated 1 million electrics in 2018. And you don't need a $7500 tax incentive to bribe someone to own a horse.
You lost me there... you can get horses for free all the time but you have to pay a stable to house them and then pay for the food and go and groom them and ride them when you have time, not many want horses these days unless you have a lot of land and a lot of free time or a lot of money.

GLOBAL MODERATOR
5.0L Member
S197 Member

Apparently you missed the counter point that there are more horses than EV. And I doubt the 40,000 units Ford is producing in Mexico for 2020 (10,000 which are for the US market) will sway the fact more people elect to own a horse than an EV.

All this technology and you have to tether a EV like a horse to recharge.

GT Member
Classic Member
5.0L Member

Garage
Send a message via Skype™ to Grimbrand
I was in a few Ford dealerships today. Three, in different towns, if you need numbers.

Virtually ALL of the salespeople have the same attitude most of us seem to. While modestly interested, and somewhat curious about what the vehicle's like, without exception, (sorry GT) every single one of them thought the name and "Mustang" theme was a really dumb idea. None of them are thrilled with the fact that they may be required to sell them to reluctant buyers, and all of the salespeople were amused by the public hue and cry over Ford's hamfisted effort to shove the public to accept their new electric SUV, trading in the prestige and well-deserved love of the Mustang brand. Several of them showed me some pretty good memes they had stored on their phones - all without directly lambasting Ford out loud, because I'm sure they didn't want to lose their jobs.

When you ask "So what do you think of the new Mach E?" and the best a salesperson can do is a sheepish grin, and "deer in the headlights" look, they really don't need to expound too much.

To be fair, I do not live in an urban environment where they make much sense. Lord knows where they would be able to charge one of the Mach-E's out here, even if someone bought one.
Urambo Tauro likes this.

I smile a lot. It makes people wonder what I'm up to...
GLOBAL MODERATOR
5.0L Member
S197 Member

Grimbrand; from what I read on the MachE group, reservations for the Mach E are being done mostly over the internet, leaving dealership salesmen high and dry. That might be one reason for their disinterest.

Also, Ford has been reported to admit to using the Mustang name for future EV designs. The name sells and they own it. Shrug . .

Regarding the urban development accepting EVs. Very true. However, this one seems to be garnering a lot of concern from homeowners that need to rewire their garages to handle the power load and many are not trusting to work through Amazon to arrange rewiring and installation. And the amperage you are capable of wiring into determines charge times. So it's a Ron Popiel set up where you set it and forget it overnight. Pretty much an urban car. Fords planned 35,000 charge plugs for Canada and the USA pretty well push owners to purchase the optional 500 or 800 portable charge extension cord to hook up to the hotel gardeners power outlet or wherever you can when you can't locate a charging station.

GT Member
4.6L Member

If anyone is willing to contribute to the online petition meant to push Ford to dropping the Mustang monniker on the MachE: https://www.change.org/p/ford-motor-...mustang-mach-e

It may well be a great car... but it's not a Mustang, so Ford shouldn't dilute the Mustang brand by trying to advertise the car as something it's not. Electrifying the Mustang may well be in the future, but atleast use a body we can all connect with the Mustang we all know and love for it.

Other than that, this guy pretty well words my opinion on the matter:

2002 GT Ford Mustang V8 4.6L Satin Silver
... Pony far away from home ...
Silver / Gray Mustang Registry member #0009
GT Member
5.0L Member
S197 Member

Garage
Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by David Young View Post
I guess this is the beginning of the end for the gasoline engine. I think in 15 years, just about everything will be electric
I always loved the movie MAD MAX didn't think it would be a reality 🤣
David Young and Grimbrand like this.

2014 GT Premium, Track Pack, Barton shifter, Borla S-type exhaust, Resonator delete, 3.73 gears, Airaid C.A.I., 93 Race Tune, JLT Oil Separator
GT Member
Classic Member
5.0L Member

Garage
Send a message via Skype™ to Grimbrand
Quote:
Originally Posted by my89foxbody View Post
I always loved the movie MAD MAX didn't think it would be a reality 🤣

I'll be the first one in Kansas to put spikes on my bumpers and take to the roads in my V8 death machine!
my89foxbody likes this.

I smile a lot. It makes people wonder what I'm up to...
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Tags
None

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Mustang Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a VALID email address for yourself, otherwise you will not receive the necessary confirmation email needed to confirm, validate and activate your new AFM member account.

Failure to provide a VALID email address, will result in the cancellation of your new AFM member account registration.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: