Alleged Mach-E Pricing, Specs, and Photos Leaked Ahead of LA Reveal - Ford Mustang Forum
Like Tree36Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
post #1 of 38 (permalink) Old 3 Weeks Ago Thread Starter
AllFordMustangs.com Homepage Feed

Alleged Mach-E Pricing, Specs, and Photos Leaked Ahead of LA Reveal

A user over at our sister site, MachEClub.com, has decided to rain on Ford’s parade by leaking pretty much all salient information about the electric crossover ahead of its official reveal. It’s important to note here that, while this information looks official and may well be, it’s not—you know—official-official. So take it with a … Continue reading Alleged Mach-E Pricing, Specs, and Photos Leaked Ahead of LA Reveal

The post Alleged Mach-E Pricing, Specs, and Photos Leaked Ahead of LA Reveal appeared first on AllFordMustangs.

A user over at our sister site, MachEClub.com, has decided to rain on Ford’s parade by leaking pretty much all salient information about the electric crossover ahead of its official reveal.

It’s important to note here that, while this information looks official and may well be, it’s not—you know—official-official. So take it with a grain of salt.

The information suggest, though, that there will be five trim levels: Select ($43,895), Premium ($50,600), California Route 1 ($52,400), First Edition (limited edition, $59,900), and GT ($60,500).

The price you pay at the dealership will likely vary a little, though, since that doesn’t account for destination charges or for federal tax credits.

According to the leaked screenshots, Ford is targeting a max range of 300 miles (in Premium trim), a quickest 0-60 split in the mid three seconds range (in GT trim), and 47 miles of range added per 10 minutes of charging in RWD cars—which would mean a full charge in a little less than 6 1/2 hours.

Unfortunately, these won’t all be available on the same car. The Premium, for example, which can travel for 300 miles will have an estimated 0-60 time in the mid-six second range.

The Mach-E GT, which can acceleration to 60 in about 3.5 seconds is targeting a range of 250 miles. It will have AWD as standard, which will be an option on some trims. Relievingly, the Mach-E will come, as standard, with RWD, so that’s nice.

The shots also reveal a huge panoramic sunroof, a giant tablet-style infotainment screen, and more. Whatever you think of the name, then, the Mach-E should have the number to compete.

The post Alleged Mach-E Pricing, Specs, and Photos Leaked Ahead of LA Reveal appeared first on AllFordMustangs.

More...

Last edited by admin; 2 Weeks Ago at 04:30 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 38 (permalink) Old 3 Weeks Ago
PONY Member

I guess this is the beginning of the end for the gasoline engine. I think in 15 years, just about everything will be electric

'Little Red'. 2011 V-6 Mustang. Automatic <acronym title="transmission">Trans</acronym>. C&L C.A.I. Ceramic Coated BBK Long Tube Headers and Catted Shorty X-Pipe. Magnaflow Street Series Axle Backs. 3.73 rear gears. GT 500 Lower Control Arms. JLT Catch Can. Axle Exchange Aluminum Drive Shaft. Steeda Watts Link. Several more mods...1991 F150 4X4 61,000 miles. Wifes car, 2014 Ford Edge Limited.
post #3 of 38 (permalink) Old 3 Weeks Ago
GLOBAL MODERATOR
5.0L Member
S197 Member

Too funny. Let me summarize this last rssfeedbit thread.

If you didn't catch the price leak in our previous thread with the link to Mach E, open the link to Mach E in our latest thread and look at leaked pricing.

----------------------------
2012 Mustang GT, Roush 2300 Black
2006 Mustang V6 Manual Legend Lime Sold
2019 Charger Scat Pack White
2016 Jeep Willys Silver Vin 060 RIP
2016 Jeep Willys Silver Vin 059 Sold

post #4 of 38 (permalink) Old 3 Weeks Ago
Administrator
Classic Member
4.6L Member
5.0L Member
S197 Member

They can try to jam that ugly thing down our throats all they want, if I wanted an ugly suv crossover vehicle there are plenty out there to choose from. I would personally rather see the Mustang end rather then have the name and history behind it be put onto that.
my89foxbody and Grimbrand like this.

Engine mods - all stock, trust me, wanna run??!!!
post #5 of 38 (permalink) Old 3 Weeks Ago
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by B.Cooper View Post
They can try to jam that ugly thing down our throats all they want, if I wanted an ugly suv crossover vehicle there are plenty out there to choose from. I would personally rather see the Mustang end rather then have the name and history behind it be put onto that.
I've been saying this since the inception of this thing. I'd hate to see Ford slapping the Mustang name on something that is in a category all its own. The Stang should never be an electric crossover. I guess hell does have a chance of freezing over.
my89foxbody and Grimbrand like this.

2014 GT Coupe Base manual, 3:55
JLT CAI, Custom Tune, Eibach Sportline springs
Whiteline LCA & Panhard Bar
Staggered Firestone Indy 500
post #6 of 38 (permalink) Old 3 Weeks Ago
GLOBAL MODERATOR
5.0L Member
S197 Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by speedknot View Post
I've been saying this since the inception of this thing. I'd hate to see Ford slapping the Mustang name on something that is in a category all its own. The Stang should never be an electric crossover. I guess hell does have a chance of freezing over.

They sort of did that when they put 2 doors, sequential tail lights and a widebody rump on the Fusion in 2015.

post #7 of 38 (permalink) Old 3 Weeks Ago
SITE ADMINISTRATOR
Mustang II Member
V6 Member
4.6L Member
5.0L Member
S197 Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by David Young View Post
I guess this is the beginning of the end for the gasoline engine. I think in 15 years, just about everything will be electric
What goes around comes around:

https://cleantechnica.com/2018/02/25...electric-1900/
ONEZ ST and David Young like this.

2013 GT CONVERTIBLE GHIG
2015 F-150 King Ranch crew cab

Dogs are not our whole lives, but they make our lives whole.
Saving one dog will not change the world, but surely for that one dog, the world will change forever.
AFM SITE ADMINISTRATOR

NEVER APOLOGIZE FOR BEING PATRIOTIC!
post #8 of 38 (permalink) Old 3 Weeks Ago
PONY Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by kenv View Post
That is wild.

'Little Red'. 2011 V-6 Mustang. Automatic <acronym title="transmission">Trans</acronym>. C&L C.A.I. Ceramic Coated BBK Long Tube Headers and Catted Shorty X-Pipe. Magnaflow Street Series Axle Backs. 3.73 rear gears. GT 500 Lower Control Arms. JLT Catch Can. Axle Exchange Aluminum Drive Shaft. Steeda Watts Link. Several more mods...1991 F150 4X4 61,000 miles. Wifes car, 2014 Ford Edge Limited.
post #9 of 38 (permalink) Old 3 Weeks Ago
PONY Member

What the article fails to mention is what the small percentage of cars were to horse and horse drawn transportation.

As of 2018 the total number of electric cars in this country was only 750000 vs 275,000,000 or .002%. Its the same today, the current percentage of electric cars vs fossil fuel cars is still very small and even the out look to 2050 it will remain small. Currently EV sales are less than 2% of total vehicle sales in this country.

post #10 of 38 (permalink) Old 3 Weeks Ago
GLOBAL MODERATOR
5.0L Member
S197 Member

Those are some nice looking electrics. There is a car museum in Sylmar CA, called Nethercutt. I encourage anyone traveling to the Los Angeles area to take the drive there and visit. It's quite a museum.

Side note: With all the weary opinions about leaving a simple battery tender on a car I wonder how electric owners feel about leaving their pride an joy connected to a wall outlet for hours or even days unattended.
my89foxbody likes this.

post #11 of 38 (permalink) Old 3 Weeks Ago
GT Member
Classic Member
5.0L Member

Garage
Send a message via Skype™ to Grimbrand
The problem with electric cars is, was, and always will be, one of energy storage. The motors are strong, they're efficient, they're quiet. But the batteries trash our environment both in the making of, and disposing of. They're every bit as polluting as the petrochemicals that get burned by the gasoline vehicles, and in some regards, more so. They're heavy as sin, and getting energy back into them after they're discharged is a pain in the ass.

Now, like then, batteries are great for a small vehicle that needs to putt around in a confined urban environment. No doubt people in places like LA and NY think electric vehicles are the best thing since sliced bread. However, people who live in the vast wide-open places like Kansas, Montana, Wyoming and often drive 200 miles at 80 mph into a headwind one-way to get someplace really don't feel the same enthusiasm.

I still find it remarkable that even after the massive public backlash against the name "Mach 1" being stuck on this abomination, they still felt they had to slap "Mustang" on the front of their new nearly-as-bad Mach-E appellation. Because this isn't a Mustang any more than the Probe was, no matter how much they wish it was so.

So Ford hates cars! I get that. They want to consolidate everything and make crossovers and trucks. Fine. But don't try to make brussels sprouts and tell everyone it's spaghetti. Come up with a new damned name, and sell the thing based on its merits. Don't make a subpar vehicle and tell everyone it's the new Mustang. This is a garbage idea from complete morons.

I smile a lot. It makes people wonder what I'm up to...
post #12 of 38 (permalink) Old 3 Weeks Ago
SITE ADMINISTRATOR
Mustang II Member
V6 Member
4.6L Member
5.0L Member
S197 Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grimbrand View Post
The problem with electric cars is, was, and always will be, one of energy storage. The motors are strong, they're efficient, they're quiet. But the batteries trash our environment both in the making of, and disposing of. They're every bit as polluting as the petrochemicals that get burned by the gasoline vehicles, and in some regards, more so. They're heavy as sin, and getting energy back into them after they're discharged is a pain in the ass.

Now, like then, batteries are great for a small vehicle that needs to putt around in a confined urban environment. No doubt people in places like LA and NY think electric vehicles are the best thing since sliced bread. However, people who live in the vast wide-open places like Kansas, Montana, Wyoming and often drive 200 miles at 80 mph into a headwind one-way to get someplace really don't feel the same enthusiasm.

I still find it remarkable that even after the massive public backlash against the name "Mach 1" being stuck on this abomination, they still felt they had to slap "Mustang" on the front of their new nearly-as-bad Mach-E appellation. Because this isn't a Mustang any more than the Probe was, no matter how much they wish it was so.

So Ford hates cars! I get that. They want to consolidate everything and make crossovers and trucks. Fine. But don't try to make brussels sprouts and tell everyone it's spaghetti. Come up with a new damned name, and sell the thing based on its merits. Don't make a subpar vehicle and tell everyone it's the new Mustang. This is a garbage idea from complete morons.
Well, there`s always this alternative. That is if you don`t mind all those little mushroom shaped clouds from fender benders on the highways

https://www.extremetech.com/extreme/...ips-and-planes
Grimbrand likes this.

2013 GT CONVERTIBLE GHIG
2015 F-150 King Ranch crew cab

Dogs are not our whole lives, but they make our lives whole.
Saving one dog will not change the world, but surely for that one dog, the world will change forever.
AFM SITE ADMINISTRATOR

NEVER APOLOGIZE FOR BEING PATRIOTIC!
post #13 of 38 (permalink) Old 3 Weeks Ago
Apprentice
5.0L Member
S197 Member

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by B.Cooper View Post
It's 1973 all over again with the Mustang II.
post #14 of 38 (permalink) Old 3 Weeks Ago
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheBert View Post
It's 1973 all over again with the Mustang II.
They definitely pulled from that playbook. As crappy as this concept was to Mustang purists, the Mustang II was actually a great seller for Ford and won a lot of awards. As if the Mustang II wasn't a kick in the face enough, the Cobra II "appearance package" was a spit in your eye moment for the mustang crowd.

2014 GT Coupe Base manual, 3:55
JLT CAI, Custom Tune, Eibach Sportline springs
Whiteline LCA & Panhard Bar
Staggered Firestone Indy 500
post #15 of 38 (permalink) Old 3 Weeks Ago
GLOBAL MODERATOR
5.0L Member
S197 Member

I pitty the first owner that makes the first post about their MachE. I just know we'll have to place in the HotHotZone.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Tags
None

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Mustang Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a VALID email address for yourself, otherwise you will not receive the necessary confirmation email needed to confirm, validate and activate your new AFM member account.

Failure to provide a VALID email address, will result in the cancellation of your new AFM member account registration.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: