• 2 Post By Beechkid
  • 1 Post By Grimbrand
  • 2 Post By 07redstang
  • 1 Post By Grimbrand

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
post #1 of 13 (permalink) Old 12-04-2019 Thread Starter
AllFordMustangs.com Homepage Feed

Report: Electric Mustang (Coupe) Inevitable

Want an electric Mustang? Good news, it’s probably on the way. Don’t want an electric Mustang? Bad news, it’s probably on the way. There’s a new Ford Mustang coming for 2021, based on the same platform that underpins the new Explorer crossover, and that one’s expected to become the first Mustang with hybrid power. To … Continue reading Report: Electric Mustang (Coupe) Inevitable

The post Report: Electric Mustang (Coupe) Inevitable appeared first on AllFordMustangs.

Want an electric Mustang? Good news, it’s probably on the way. Don’t want an electric Mustang? Bad news, it’s probably on the way.

There’s a new Ford Mustang coming for 2021, based on the same platform that underpins the new Explorer crossover, and that one’s expected to become the first Mustang with hybrid power. To go electric it would need a new platform, one Ford happens to already have underneath a Mustang.

Not that Mustang, though, the electric platform is, of course, under the Mach-E which Ford revealed just last month. Mach-E chief engineer Ron Heiser motoring.com.au/electric-ford-mustang-inevitable-121876

This is a new platform, its our new EV architecture, stated Heiser. It’s able to be stretched and shrunk to accommodate a wide range of vehicles, not a surprise for any modern chassis.

Will he confirm an EV Mustang coupe, maybe something like the Lithium concept from SEMA? “I cant speak to that. But I think if you look out in the future who knows what timeframe that is the market is eventually going to roll over to EVs, he said, which Motoring says means he’s suggesting its only a matter of time for a Mustang EV.

The new structure will spawn other EVs too, but they won’t all get Mustang badges.

The post Report: Electric Mustang (Coupe) Inevitable appeared first on AllFordMustangs.

More...

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 13 (permalink) Old 12-04-2019
Administrator
Classic Member
4.6L Member
5.0L Member
S197 Member

I have no issue with this one, at least it looks like a Mustang and not some crossover with Mustang emblems.

ONEZ ST, kenv and Poncho Villa like this.

Engine mods - all stock, trust me, wanna run??!!!
post #3 of 13 (permalink) Old 12-04-2019
GLOBAL MODERATOR
5.0L Member
S197 Member

I wonder if Ford offers the real Mustang EV with real animal leather seating in this one instead of that faux vegan leather in the Mach E.

Its not like Ford is facing throngs of PETA robocalls at their headquarters like a Gadhimai festival, in Nepal. Grow a set DUDEs.
kenv and Grimbrand like this.

----------------------------
2012 Mustang GT, Roush 2300 Black
2006 Mustang V6 Manual Legend Lime Sold
2019 Charger Scat Pack White
2016 Jeep Willys Silver Vin 060 GBNF
2016 Jeep Willys Silver Vin 059 Sold

post #4 of 13 (permalink) Old 12-04-2019
PONY Member

What a confused market place Ford is creating... They need to fire their marketing dept. Next thing is a truck named Continental for Lincoln.
Grimbrand likes this.

post #5 of 13 (permalink) Old 12-04-2019
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by B.Cooper View Post
I have no issue with this one, at least it looks like a Mustang and not some crossover with Mustang emblems.
I agree. I've had no interest in electric or hybrid cars largely because they took the appearance of small, unattractive econoboxes. Elon Musk had the right idea when he introduced fully electric cars that looked sporty and luxurious. The electric Mustang is a car that I would certainly consider if I were affluent enough to jump in the market. Your quote above says it all.
post #6 of 13 (permalink) Old 12-05-2019
GLOBAL MODERATOR
5.0L Member
S197 Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Poncho Villa View Post
I agree. I've had no interest in electric or hybrid cars largely because they took the appearance of small, unattractive econoboxes. Elon Musk had the right idea when he introduced fully electric cars that looked sporty and luxurious. The electric Mustang is a car that I would certainly consider if I were affluent enough to jump in the market. Your quote above says it all.
For you and others that are leaning towards electrics, I think in years to come you will not have to be affluent to enter the market.

Right now owning an EV has to many challenges which is responsible for the high prices and an assortment of hurdles.

Owning an electric requires a lifestyle change. In so many ways it will control your life. Price is one. EV driving distance. Available overland long distance travel charging station and the amount of time needed to recharge is another. What will electric prices look like in 10 or 15 years? Electric is cheap today in large part because most of it is generated from natural gas which is a by-product of the oil industry that is sold off cheaply. When oil demand decreases and shuts down, natural gas prices will increase. The need to retrofitting house electrics to install a permanent charging station is a cost that might be something a person needs to contend with as they relocate from one home to another home.

Is an electric conducive to an apartment dweller, a student living in a dorm, or someone in housing project. Will it have a dedicated charging station for the renter or a communal charging station for 1 or 2 EVs, or none?

So much needs to improve for many people to jump into the EV movement beside prices.
crjackson2134 and Grimbrand like this.

----------------------------
2012 Mustang GT, Roush 2300 Black
2006 Mustang V6 Manual Legend Lime Sold
2019 Charger Scat Pack White
2016 Jeep Willys Silver Vin 060 GBNF
2016 Jeep Willys Silver Vin 059 Sold
post #7 of 13 (permalink) Old 12-11-2019
Rookie

Thankfully I'll be long dead before I'm forced to own an all-electric vehicle because that's all that's available. Sorry, but I like my dinosaur-juice powered vehicles..
crjackson2134 likes this.
post #8 of 13 (permalink) Old 12-11-2019
BOSS Member

Let's see...no internal engineering or design....everything outsourced from one of the worst QA mfg's in the world....VW

Antique battery sully with absolute battery systems that are so hazardous in terms of potential that just like "Electric Jesus" cars...no tow company will tow them (except for tesla).. and I come from an advanced tech background that has/did produced fully electric vehicles capable of freeway speeds and 200 mile ranges that would "burn rubber" as shown in many vids (one with Slyvester Stallone doing donuts in front of our then corporate offices) back in the 80's....

Oh and here comes the layoffs since it takes 1/3 the staff to build an e-car.....

Ford that has invested more than any other car company in the world in R&D..... can't solve peeling paint, exec's that are committing misconduct with both employees (sexual, etc.) and outright deceit, inducing criminal investigations by the DOJ, and a board of director who are IMHO failing to perform their fiduciary responsibilities cost the company billions of dollars in loss revenue, profits and marketplace because of perceived malpractice, malfeasance and/or mis feasance leading to what will likely be stockholder lawsuits....and this is the best the got?

Tell the CEO to keep his marketing team.... if it walks like a duck and looks like a duck...it is a duck!
crjackson2134 and Grimbrand like this.

:hello:
Member: Never trust a person over 40 who drives a Chevy club
Flatheads ain't so bad!
Certified backyard mechanic I & II
post #9 of 13 (permalink) Old 12-11-2019
Rookie

I have no problem with an all-electric Mustang (but, they seriously need to come up with some way of generating some semblance of V-8 exhaust rumble, because a silent Mustang just doesn't cut it), but I've got a HUGE problem with Ford giving a crossover SUV the Mustang name! Why couldn't they just call it the Mach-E?!
GT Member
Classic Member
5.0L Member

Garage
Send a message via Skype™ to Grimbrand
What gets my goat is Ford's attitude in all this. "We'll tell you what to like, and you'll like electric vehicles! Especially 4 door SUV's that we named Mustang for no good reason! But hey, we'll make a regular Mustang with batteries too."

I do believe that electrics are probably our future. But right now, batteries are garbage, and absolutely horrible for our environment. Those who believe this is somehow going to help our planet are jumping the gun a bit IMHO. Electrics are trendy, but not really a very good solution right now. Ford's hamfisted advertising and marketing isn't helping anything either.

It seems pretty moronic for Ford to have wasted the "Mach" label on a crossover when it seems they were planning to roll out an electric Mustang all along - which most of us would probably have been pretty eager to see in the first place. But then, no one's lauding much of anything the management or advertising teams over there are doing right now. I guess botching this up and adding to the confusion is just par for the course.

One thing I'm not real clear on here though: they mention that the new hybrid platform Mustang is based on the Explorer chassis. Does that mean the new 2021 "regular Mustang" is going to be a crossover/SUV thing? Gah. It's almost like we saw this confusion coming when they named it the MUSTANG Mach-E or something. What a trainwreck.

You suppose they'll just make a 2-door Mach-E and say it's a "coupe" Mustang?
Beechkid likes this.

I smile a lot. It makes people wonder what I'm up to...
PONY Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by dmw_4814 View Post
I have no problem with an all-electric Mustang (but, they seriously need to come up with some way of generating some semblance of V-8 exhaust rumble, because a silent Mustang just doesn't cut it), but I've got a HUGE problem with Ford giving a crossover SUV the Mustang name! Why couldn't they just call it the Mach-E?!
Here you go
https://www.panthera-automotive.com/leo-sound-generator
Beechkid and Grimbrand like this.

GT Member
Classic Member
5.0L Member

Garage
Send a message via Skype™ to Grimbrand
lol that's awesome Redstang. "Now, your Prius can have the sound of real power!"
Beechkid likes this.

I smile a lot. It makes people wonder what I'm up to...
GT Member
4.6L Member
5.0L Member
S197 Member

Garage
Im not looking forward to this at all.

I suppose the word SUPERCHARGED will have a whole new meaning.

2014 Black GT Premium w/Track Pack - 401A - (Apocalypse)
2018 Black Nissan 370Z Nismo - (Lucille-2)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Tags
None

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Mustang Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a VALID email address for yourself, otherwise you will not receive the necessary confirmation email needed to confirm, validate and activate your new AFM member account.

Failure to provide a VALID email address, will result in the cancellation of your new AFM member account registration.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: