Shelby Says it Sells More Trucks than Cars - Ford Mustang Forum
Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By B.Cooper
  • 1 Post By 07redstang

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
post #1 of 5 (permalink) Old 4 Weeks Ago Thread Starter
AllFordMustangs.com Homepage Feed

Shelby Says it Sells More Trucks than Cars

Shelby American might be best known for its cars, but it turns out that the go-fast company is actually, like much of the rest of the market, building more fast trucks than fast cars. Company spokesman Jonathan Marsh told Autoblog about the figures. Though while the company doesn’t release specific output figures, the big reveal … Continue reading Shelby Says it Sells More Trucks than Cars

The post Shelby Says it Sells More Trucks than Cars appeared first on AllFordMustangs.

Shelby American might be best known for its cars, but it turns out that the go-fast company is actually, like much of the rest of the market, building more fast trucks than fast cars.

Company spokesman Jonathan Marsh told Autoblog about the figures. Though while the company doesn’t release specific output figures, the big reveal does come with a huge asterisk: Shelby’s production figures don’t count the GT350 and GT500 that Ford builds with the famous name. Just the cars (and now trucks) the company builds and sells itself.

Shelby puts out around 300 new Mustang-based cars every year, Marsh said, which includes vehicles like the 825 hp Super Snake as well as the 600 hp cars that it built for rental agency Sixt. But that pales in comparison with the 750 or so F-150 variants the company builds or has built at a shop called Tuscany, in Indiana, which also builds Harley-Davidson branded trucks.

Shelby offers Raptor-based pickups as well as the 770 hp supercharged F-150 Super Snake Sport. The report says that the figures don’t include cars and trucks built and sold overseas, nor does it include vehicles brought to Shelby for tuning after original purchase.

The figures are a bit of a surprise, but then again, it’s also a little easier to justify a near-800 hp pickup that you could, in theory, still use for work than it is an equally-powerful two-door sports coupe.

The post Shelby Says it Sells More Trucks than Cars appeared first on AllFordMustangs.

More...

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 (permalink) Old 4 Weeks Ago
Administrator
Classic Member
4.6L Member
5.0L Member
S197 Member

I find this article to be crap. It reminds me of when I was searching for my F-150, I wanted a four wheel drive with the 5.0 in it and all I heard from dealers is the v8 engines were not in demand and they didn't have many. As a matter of fact I went to Brandon Ford to buy my truck which is one of the highest volume F series truck dealers in the world, they had over 850 F-150's but only about 15 with v8's. It's not that people don't want them, they are not supplying them just like if Shelby was supplying more cars than trucks that's what they would sell more of. Maybe it has more to do with Shelby has a lot less competition in a truck market then the car market. Rant over.....

my89foxbody likes this.

Engine mods - all stock, trust me, wanna run??!!!
post #3 of 5 (permalink) Old 4 Weeks Ago
PONY Member

When I was selling cars in Texas, we sold 3 trucks to every car. Sounds about right. Personally at what trucks are costing I can't see how they are selling without a 30 year mortgage.

post #4 of 5 (permalink) Old 4 Weeks Ago
GLOBAL MODERATOR
5.0L Member
S197 Member

Not a truck owner myself but I have to agree with you both based on my son's experience buying a 5.0 F-150 in the state of Texas.

He settled for a V6 ecoboost because the dealer gave him a super deal on that to move it off the lot with the dozens of other V6 equipped F-150s. He bought an F-150 with the 5.0. two years later.

I agree with 07redstangs comment. Trucks and Texas go hand in hand and I'm the oddball that doesn't own one. I read one stat published by Statista that shows a bar graph with trucks leading cars. And then there is this quote: "In 2019, some 4.7 million automobiles, about 12.2 million light trucks, and some 529,500 heavy duty trucks were sold to customers in the United States. Overall, the U.S. auto industry sold about 17 million motor vehicles in 2019."

But if you break it down by models, according to "EverQuote" the most common model owned in 2018 was the Camry, which ranked number 1 in Texas and Nationally. In Texas the F-150 was #2 and Nationally the F-150 ranked #8.

In Texas our beloved Mustang ranked # 29. Nationally, the Mustang didn't even rank in the top 30. Big Pelosi, clap-back to Ford for making the Mustang look like a 2-d00r Fusion targeting the European marketplace.

The stats posted all over Goggle universe show that consumers buy a lot of trucks and naturally trucks are now more popular than cars. So my takeaway is commercial enterprises like Shelby shifted focus towards trucks because that's where the market is currently at and they are following it not creating it.

----------------------------
2012 Mustang GT, Roush 2300 Black
2006 Mustang V6 Manual Legend Lime Sold
2019 Charger Scat Pack White
2016 Jeep Willys Silver Vin 060 GBNF
2016 Jeep Willys Silver Vin 059 Sold
post #5 of 5 (permalink) Old 4 Weeks Ago
PONY Member

One only needs to consider why the big 3 are doing away with passenger cars, they don't sell and they aren't profitable. The fact is they sell more suv's and trucks and they are more profitable.
ONEZ ST likes this.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Tags
None

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Mustang Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a VALID email address for yourself, otherwise you will not receive the necessary confirmation email needed to confirm, validate and activate your new AFM member account.

Failure to provide a VALID email address, will result in the cancellation of your new AFM member account registration.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: