Classic Recreations Reveals 1,000 hp Hitman Mustang Mach 1 - Ford Mustang Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
post #1 of 4 (permalink) Old 20 Hours Ago Thread Starter
AllFordMustangs.com Homepage Feed

Classic Recreations Reveals 1,000 hp Hitman Mustang Mach 1

Classic Recreations, a company with a license to print more first-generation Ford Mustangs, has just launched a Mach 1 that might be able to break the sound barrier. The Hitman is a 1969 model, built today, and powered by a 1,000 hp twin-turbo Coyote V8. We weren’t exaggerating about that license, the company has a … Continue reading Classic Recreations Reveals 1,000 hp Hitman Mustang Mach 1

The post Classic Recreations Reveals 1,000 hp Hitman Mustang Mach 1 appeared first on AllFordMustangs.

Classic Recreations, a company with a license to print more first-generation Ford Mustangs, has just launched a Mach 1 that might be able to break the sound barrier. The Hitman is a 1969 model, built today, and powered by a 1,000 hp twin-turbo Coyote V8.

We weren’t exaggerating about that license, the company has a license from Ford to build old Mustangs, and they can do it starting with an original old bodyshell, or they can do it will an entirely new one. At this point in time, and with that much power, we’d probably take a new one.

The car that Classic Recreations launched today is built from a real Mach 1, restored to like-new condition. Except under the hood, where in place of the original V8 (Mach 1s could have up to a 7.0L version) there’s a brand-new Coyote 5.0L V8. The modern mill has been fitted with a pair of turbochargers and is intercooled to let it make 1,000 hp. Maybe they should have made it 767, but we don’t mind this massive figure.

Of course, that required some chassis modifications, too. It has a 9-inch rear end with Posi-Traction, tubular subframe connectors, and a special suspension including coilovers in the front, Total Control coilovers in the rear, and front and rear sway bars from Total Control. Putting that power to the ground are 315-wide Michelin Pilot tires in the rear (225 on the front) and we want to commend the company for fitting a restrained 18-inch wheel, and not some massively garish affront to ride, handling, and taste. Wilwood six-piston callipers live inside the wheels.

Classic Recreations will build you one just like this, or with whatever style and performance options you choose, from a period-correct car to this beast. Just bring your checkbook.

The post Classic Recreations Reveals 1,000 hp Hitman Mustang Mach 1 appeared first on AllFordMustangs.

More...

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 (permalink) Old 9 Hours Ago
Administrator
Classic Member
4.6L Member
5.0L Member
S197 Member

If only I were a rich man......

Engine mods - all stock, trust me, wanna run??!!!
post #3 of 4 (permalink) Old 7 Hours Ago
SHELBY GT 500 Member
5.0L Member

Garage
I'll have to add this to my "when I get rich" list.

“The two most important days in your life are the day you are born and the day you find out why." - Mark Twain

post #4 of 4 (permalink) Old 5 Hours Ago
Rookie

Now, what did I do with that winning lottery ticket....
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Tags
None

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Mustang Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a VALID email address for yourself, otherwise you will not receive the necessary confirmation email needed to confirm, validate and activate your new AFM member account.

Failure to provide a VALID email address, will result in the cancellation of your new AFM member account registration.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in