I love trouncing idiots!! - Ford Mustang Forum
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By kenv

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 4 (permalink) Old 11-15-2017 Thread Starter
PONY Member

I love trouncing idiots!!

So every other Tuesday is now "lawn day" at the park. So i drive the car instead of the bike, that way the mower can get to the front yard easier. Also it ensures that the venerable hot rod doesn't sit idly too long.

Well yesterday on the way home I travel north on a 6 lane road for a bit. the road widens to 8 lanes, the two inner most north bound are for left turns onto another major 6 lane highway. Well traffic always backs up a bit trying to squeeze over into the turn lanes. A "gentleman" behind me in an explorer begins to gesture obscenely at me and point to the open space in front of my car ( may have been around 12 feet or less than the length of my car) He then blows the horn! As the left turn arrows become green traffic starts to move I shuffle to the left most lane at this point. aA the turn comes up the painted lines blend the left lane into the HI speed lane or left most of the westbound road. while the other painted lines direct you to the inside or slow lane of the three. Meaning no one is directed to the center lane. Most days traffic sorts itself quickly after the turn, faster cars to the left turning and slow car to the right and my bike in the center heading for the century mark.

Well this Explorer is next to me as we turn left he blows his horn and again with the single digit salute! He then Tromps his abused 6 banger to speed up and go around me.

I'm normally not and "A" hole but, I accelerated so that I was right next to him so he couldn't pull into the fast lane without hitting me, and the slow lane had a large amount of traffic so he was stuck in the center. I stayed right next to him for about 1/4 mile and saw a coal bucket truck in the center lane. I pulled up to his tail gate and slowed down to the same speed trapping explorer boy. Well this went on for a few more hundred yards. A few cars had caught up to me all in the in the high speed lane. So i accelerated at this point leaving Explorer boy fuming behind the dump truck as to his right the traffic was slow and dense and the left lane had a lot of traffic that he couldn't merge into easily, bye bye, or so I thought.

A few miles later by dint of some heroic lane changing and reckless driving Explorer boy caught me as aI slowed for one of the lights every few miles on this particular road. This time no finger or gesture but I could see both hands on the wheel and he had a 1000 yard stare out the windshield. Well at the green he's off like a bat. I stayed right next to him feathering the gas to stay right at his door. Soon we were both over the speed limit by a bunch. I took my foot off and slowed back to normal speed and moved right. I guess he was high on his "WIN" and moved left still at a high rate of speed until he passed a police cruiser in the center lane. Last I saw in my review both vehicle had made it to the right hand shoulder and the lights were still flashing as I made my way home.

I'D RATHER GO SLOW THAN NOT GO AT ALL
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 (permalink) Old 11-15-2017
Apprentice
S197 Member

Garage
Gotta be careful with those people road raging and egging them on, some of them will literally wreck you because of how out of control they get

12 GT Brembo, MT82, 3.73 rear
Wheels/Tires - 19x10/11 SVE S350 w/ 285/35 Sumitomo HTR Z III & 305/35 Michelin Pilot Super Sports
Suspension - Strange Adj Shocks/Struts - FRPP K-Spring front, Eibach Sportline rear - J&M CC Plates - BMR LCA/Relo - Steeda Adj UCA - BMR Adj Panhard - FRPP Sway Bars - FRPP Jounce/Bump Kit
Drivetrain - Blowfish Racing Bracket - Spec Stage2 Clutch/Steel Flywheel - SVE Clutch Cable - ShaftMasters Aluminum Driveshaft
Exhaust - DNA T-304 1-7/8 Shorty Headers - Solo Mach Full Catback
Engine - Stock, for now...

post #3 of 4 (permalink) Old 11-15-2017
SITE ADMINISTRATOR
Mustang II Member
V6 Member
4.6L Member
5.0L Member
S197 Member

Yeah, not too long ago in my area, one of these jackholes pulled up next to & head shot a 17 year old girl who was doing the speed limit & slowing him up on the Pa. turnpike. Nowadays, around here (Philly area) I treat my H&K USP .40, like the American Express card. I don`t leave home without it.
my89foxbody likes this.

2013 GT CONVERTIBLE GHIG
2015 F-150 King Ranch crew cab

Dogs are not our whole lives, but they make our lives whole.
Saving one dog will not change the world, but surely for that one dog, the world will change forever.
AFM SITE ADMINISTRATOR

NEVER APOLOGIZE FOR BEING PATRIOTIC!

post #4 of 4 (permalink) Old 11-16-2017 Thread Starter
PONY Member

Used to live up there! Cant tell you how many time I went from NE philly to lansdale on the turnpike and extension. It seemed that people always drove 5 mph under the limit or tried to hit warp speed nothing in between.

I'D RATHER GO SLOW THAN NOT GO AT ALL
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Mustang Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a VALID email address for yourself, otherwise you will not receive the necessary confirmation email needed to confirm, validate and activate your new AFM member account.

Failure to provide a VALID email address, will result in the cancellation of your new AFM member account registration.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page