I think i attract them! - Ford Mustang Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 2 (permalink) Old 12-06-2017 Thread Starter
PONY Member

I think i attract them!

Previous post about idiots post before that about weed heads. This morning was just plane testosterone overruled common sense I guess.

So I pull up to the light about to make a U turn to go to McD's its my turn for breakfast. I notice the local PD is out in numbers in the parking lot on the corner. I get my order leave and make another u turn heading back to the light. i'm now in the center lane on my bike, listening to some surf music, I know those Green and White USVs are there to catch me, I usually am in triple digits on this section of road at that time of day. I decide I'm going to take it easy and a black late model 5.0 pulls up next to me in the left lane. Obviously modded, the idle is lopping and the exhaust is very barky! Well he revs a few times as the light turns green he's off, right behind him is a black CTS ,the mustang moves right one lane directly in front of me. The CTS pulls up and they do a punch out from a rolling start. Holy weapons of mass destruction!!! The noise from the stang is deafening, the CTS is quiet by comparison but they both run like scalded dogs. 3 seconds later red and blue light from every freaking direction. well the stang goes straight at the next intersection, the CTS is scraping the outside corner as he turns left, but there is red and blue light cross wise in front of both of them!! I look straight ahead and putter by at 45 mph. As I pass the last white and green SUV i drop a gear and take off.

I don't think any one got close enough to get a speed or radar on the two, but here in florida you can get ticketed for "Display of speed" as well as attempted street racing. So I 'm guessing two guys had $400.00 plus mornings!

I'D RATHER GO SLOW THAN NOT GO AT ALL
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 2 (permalink) Old 12-06-2017
V6 Member
4.6L Member
5.0L Member
S197 Member

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by baylensmanfl View Post
Previous post about idiots post before that about weed heads. This morning was just plane testosterone overruled common sense I guess.

So I pull up to the light about to make a U turn to go to McD's its my turn for breakfast. I notice the local PD is out in numbers in the parking lot on the corner. I get my order leave and make another u turn heading back to the light. i'm now in the center lane on my bike, listening to some surf music, I know those Green and White USVs are there to catch me, I usually am in triple digits on this section of road at that time of day. I decide I'm going to take it easy and a black late model 5.0 pulls up next to me in the left lane. Obviously modded, the idle is lopping and the exhaust is very barky! Well he revs a few times as the light turns green he's off, right behind him is a black CTS ,the mustang moves right one lane directly in front of me. The CTS pulls up and they do a punch out from a rolling start. Holy weapons of mass destruction!!! The noise from the stang is deafening, the CTS is quiet by comparison but they both run like scalded dogs. 3 seconds later red and blue light from every freaking direction. well the stang goes straight at the next intersection, the CTS is scraping the outside corner as he turns left, but there is red and blue light cross wise in front of both of them!! I look straight ahead and putter by at 45 mph. As I pass the last white and green SUV i drop a gear and take off.

I don't think any one got close enough to get a speed or radar on the two, but here in florida you can get ticketed for "Display of speed" as well as attempted street racing. So I 'm guessing two guys had $400.00 plus mornings!
From the sounds of it I bet they got charged with either spontaneous or prearranged street racing and not "attempted"... Hopefully spontaneous as prearranged you lose your car on the spot for good and license for 2-3 years. Spontaneous you don't lose your car, but it comes with 10pts. So I bet they had more like a $1000+ morning unless FL laws and DMV stuff is really lax compared to NC...

Either way be glad you didn't get tied into it all. haha

Current Garage
(11.)2012 GT500 silver with red stripe, SVT performance package, and Recaro seats.
2018 Honda Civic Type R
Past Mustangs in order and color of text.
(1.)2000, (2.)2004, (3.)2006GT/Auto traded for (4.)2006GT/Manual, (5.)1996, (6.)2011GT, (7.)2003GT, (8.)2006GT, (9)2013 Boss 302, and (10.) 2002GT
(I have owned a few non Mustang cars over the years as well, but always try to have a Mustang with it or come quickly back to a Mustang!)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Mustang Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a VALID email address for yourself, otherwise you will not receive the necessary confirmation email needed to confirm, validate and activate your new AFM member account.

Failure to provide a VALID email address, will result in the cancellation of your new AFM member account registration.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page