Killed a '18turbo focus in my NPI GT - Ford Mustang Forum
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By Astangthang

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 1 (permalink) Old 06-22-2018 Thread Starter
PONY Member

Killed a '18turbo focus in my NPI GT

This one is kinda funny. I was on my way home last Friday morning around 0630 from working the graveyard shift. I kept hearing a turbo bov behind me, I looked in my rear view but didn't see anything that would resemble a turbo car. Low and behold at the next red light a focus st turbo rolled up besides me, and I thought ah ha! It was you. He had the blackest tinted windows I've ever seen so i couldnt see in, and my windows are down. As we take off from the red light, he keeps giving it gas so I can hear that bov, as in I wanna race you. I kept ignoring him, and I guess he got pissed about me doing so. So at the next red light he finally roles his window down, and asked me if I wanna run, I couldn't resist, so I said yes, but he wants to run from a 50 roll, so I laughed and said how about a dead stop. He wanted no part of the dead stop, or even a 20 roll. I can't stand people coming up acting cocky about their car and not have no confidence in it when it comes time to roll. Anyways, I agreed with the 50 roll since I knew he wouldn't go any other way. I did ask him if I do out run him, will he take the car back to the dealership, he didn't awnser just laughed at me.
We was on a good stretch of highway, so we kicked it at 50, he stayed with me for literally 2 or 3 seconds and I immediately started pulling on him pretty good. I let off at 100mph, looked in the rear view, and dude was probably 10-12 cars behind me. I actually thought it would give me a better run than that since its HP rating was 260 HP. My GT is a 97 5 speed NPI 4.6 all the way through not ect a PI intake swap, .020 over 11cc pistons, around 9.7 to 1 cr, .030 shaved heads, 3-angle valve job, BBK x-pipe, flowmaster 44's cat-back, ported factory crown vic plenum/factory throttle body that's plished and half shafted. Engine now has 46k miles. Very, very minor mods. For some reason my car really rips for a npi car. Now it's no LS killer or anything like that, but it runs damn good for what it is. I've took down a total of 3 PI 4.6L cars, 2-5speeds, 1-auto. Out ran 1 Hemi Charger by about a car length up to 100mph. From a 10 roll I out ran a Nissan 350z around a car and a half up to 70mph, we had to let off cause traffic, I know he would have probably inched closer towards 100mph, but we didn't race again. I really don't race, I just enjoy my car, and stay to myself. It's only when someone comes up besides me taunting me, so then I race. I always say if you go out looking for a race, you're going to bump into something that will bust your bubble. Case in point, the focus st turbo driver. I really did like that little car, but damn, he actually thought he was going to bust my ass. I ignored him until I couldn't no more, so it had to be done. I just seen the "KILL" section, and thought I would write about the Focus st turbo guy. Happy Kills Everyone. BE SAFE THOUGH! PLEASE BE SAFE! I MEAN THAT! GOD BLESS ALL OF YOU!

Old Goat Ninja likes this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Mustang Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a VALID email address for yourself, otherwise you will not receive the necessary confirmation email needed to confirm, validate and activate your new AFM member account.

Failure to provide a VALID email address, will result in the cancellation of your new AFM member account registration.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page