Ford Mustang Forum banner

Jetta shouldn't have even tried

3K views 15 replies 9 participants last post by  Pookiebear 
#1 ·
So I'm out on a remote county road. Kind of a shortcut alternative to the main highway.
There are very few lights and very little traffic.
This started off back when there were two lanes.
I was coming up to a Jetta and I was going to pass him before the road narrowed to one lane.
SOB just HAD to speed up enough to prevent that.
So now I'm stuck behind this guy chugging along below the speed limit, just kind of rubbing it in.
A little ways down the road we have to stop for some construction workers doing their thing.
They had the guy out in the middle of the road with his handheld stop sign, and I'm just sitting behind Mr. Fahrvergnugen.
Something told me that when we got the go that he was going to punch it so I was ready.
Sure enough, as soon as the construction worker walks off the road my buddy punched it!
And I was right on his back bumper!
He's getting up and going ok, I guess, for a Jetta.
I hit 2nd gear and I can't go through the guy so I move into the other lane and blow past him before hitting third.
Dude was looking at me like "what's your problem?" as I totally destroyed him. Seriously?
First you speed up so I can't pass, then you drag your ass in your POS, and you wonder why I blew you away the first chance I got?
Dude tried to race me and ate my dust!
ha ha ha ha ha!

Attachments

See less See more
#7 ·
The inline 5 in various vw's were bullet proof. Lots of people go to c2 motor sports and through a turbo on those. Their transmissions though (specifically the automatics) where the weak point. Certain vw cars can be fast if the person actually invests into, though it's rare to see.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.