Like Tree6Likes
Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 112 (permalink) Old 03-16-2009 Thread Starter
PONY Member
V6 Member
S197 Member

Finally! 4.0 v6 vs 5.0 v8! Kill

I have been smiling for 2 hours now! So just a little backround story. My buddy has Been giving me crap for having a v6 for so long now, he even went as far as to sell his dodge pickup for a 5.0 V8 foxbody. Now I have driven his and he has driven mine and still braggs day in and day out how his V8 will run circles around my 6. The guy is so confident he would send me text messages at 3 in the murning saying "V6...." and nothing else! But I finally had enough!
Tonight we were driving home on the freeway at like 1030 at night and no one was out. I'm just cruising behind him and listening to some music when he switchs lanes and slows down to let me pull up. He looks at me, then ahead, then at me again and punches it. I just laughed and watched him go. He hit the brakes again and let me catch up, this time I thought what the hell I got nothing better to do!
So at 60 mph and 4th gear for me(not sure for him)on the freeway, he honked 3 times and I droped the pedal. Boy was it a sight! Watching that big red V8 snarling at my back window! I walked on him till ~115 and hit the brakes cuz I'm no high speed freak! Im busting up laughing because i kicked his v8 in the ass! And with the windows down, the wind blowing, all I hear is him yelling over and over!

The best part about it was, he was so confident in his V8 that we shook on a bet with him saying that "if your V6 ever bets my V8, I will sell it and buy a 4.0" so u can imagine the crap I gave him when we got back! I told him that I will start looking on craigslist.com for a V6 to replace his 5.0!
Tomorrow night we r meeting for a heads up drag race at the track to see who really wins! I can't wait to see if I beat him again!
And no... I don't streetrace normally but this was a whole race of 15 seconds max with no one around, we aren't stupid just having some fun. That's why tomorrow we r taking it to the strip!

WarPony40 likes this.

2006 4.0 5-Spd Mustang
17"American Racing Torque II rims w/Kumho tires-Magnaflows-AEM CAI-XCal3 Bama 91 Torque- Motive 4.10 gears- FRPP T-lok- Screamin' Demon Coil- Livewires Red- Touch screen In-Dash-Hurst Short Throw-Corbeau 4-Point Harnesses and Bar-12"Kicker Comp-White Gauges-S2000 Start Button-8K HIDs-Roush Rockers-CDC Aggressive Chin Spoiler-CDC Billet Grille-3D Carbon Headlight Splitters-Street Scene Rear Valance-Street Scene Ducktail Spoiler-Painted Valve Covers- CDC Pony Tri-Bar

Last edited by ModsStang; 03-16-2009 at 08:07 AM. Reason: language filter evasion
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

V6 Member

he have anything done to his? he has more torque, but your gears should help out PLENTY.

that and his motor is pretty damn old, it is prolly fairly gummed up and has some power loss.

you can probably take him if you can drive good

WarPony40 likes this.
PONY Member
V6 Member
4.6L Member
S197 Member

Send a message via Yahoo to Smokey88
bout time this race happened. told you you would take him. :hihi: 4.0 are no pansys.
WarPony40 likes this.

08 GT Hurst Shifter, Fidanza clutch, JLT CAI, Kooks Longtubes and O/R X, BBR tune, SSS Terminator mufflers, M80 mufflers, Eibach pro kit, Eibach struts and shocks, Asanti AF 135 rims, 295/35/20 rear tires More to come!

GT Member
V6 Member
5.0L Member

Send a message via Yahoo to StalkerStang
I love you 4.0 V6 guys...

Just that many 4.0's that continue to screw with my 5.0 and be sadly disappointed

But all playing aside, good job man, if anything, he probably can't drive and he will just spin spin spin and by the time he hooks up it will be over.

Jesse Berger
90 LX, Previous 4 cyl.
408W In the Works
TW FAC's, Jay Allen cam, Super Victor

2001 V6 5 Speed Daily Driver
Windstar Intake, Dual Exhuast, CAI, Headers
Best ET: [email protected] mph (on 18's)

Last edited by jim293; 03-16-2009 at 04:10 PM. Reason: language filter evasion Language
GT Member
V6 Member
S197 Member

Im surprised to hear that you beat him so easily. The fox should have a lot more torque and is considerably lighter (500lbs or so) than your car, so its interesting that you were able to beat him at such a high speed.

You should watch out, driving that fast with those 4.10's. Your driveshaft isn't going to hang on much longer if you keep that up.

Black 2005 Mustang v6, 5 speed, IUP, EUP and Leather.

Razzi 1/4 window scoops, Mustang GT Sway Bars, Flowmaster American Thunder Single Exhaust, Clear Front Turn Signal Lenses, Demolet CAI, X-cal2 91 tune, Hurst Comp/Plus Shifter, FRPP T-Lock, Ford 3.73 gears
SHELBY GT 500 Member

right on man, go 4.0 glad you put him in his place
WarPony40 likes this.

05 V6 auto,
GT Member

sweet kills man!!have you ever had it dynoed?
post #8 of 112 (permalink) Old 03-16-2009 Thread Starter
PONY Member
V6 Member
S197 Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by PancakeOfDoom View Post
he have anything done to his? he has more torque, but your gears should help out PLENTY.

that and his motor is pretty damn old, it is prolly fairly gummed up and has some power loss.

you can probably take him if you can drive good

i know he has an exhaust (so does half the neighborhood) i know he has new 32 or 36 pound injectors but im not sure what else.
and it being old and crappy wouldnt surprise me, but he does a rebuild motor with about 10kmiles on it and a new rebuilt tranny with only like 1k miles on it

2006 4.0 5-Spd Mustang
17"American Racing Torque II rims w/Kumho tires-Magnaflows-AEM CAI-XCal3 Bama 91 Torque- Motive 4.10 gears- FRPP T-lok- Screamin' Demon Coil- Livewires Red- Touch screen In-Dash-Hurst Short Throw-Corbeau 4-Point Harnesses and Bar-12"Kicker Comp-White Gauges-S2000 Start Button-8K HIDs-Roush Rockers-CDC Aggressive Chin Spoiler-CDC Billet Grille-3D Carbon Headlight Splitters-Street Scene Rear Valance-Street Scene Ducktail Spoiler-Painted Valve Covers- CDC Pony Tri-Bar
post #9 of 112 (permalink) Old 03-16-2009 Thread Starter
PONY Member
V6 Member
S197 Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by StalkerStang View Post
I love you 4.0 V6 guys...

Just that many 4.0's that continue to screw with my 5.0 and be sadly disappointed

But all playing aside, good job man, if anything, he probably can't drive for $hit and he will just spin spin spin and by the time he hooks up it will be over.

i agree! 5.0 are not somthing to screw around with! thats why im so stoaked that i beat me!! that seriously made my night! haha

2006 4.0 5-Spd Mustang
post #10 of 112 (permalink) Old 03-16-2009 Thread Starter
PONY Member
V6 Member
S197 Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Black05Pony View Post
Im surprised to hear that you beat him so easily. The fox should have a lot more torque and is considerably lighter (500lbs or so) than your car, so its interesting that you were able to beat him at such a high speed.

You should watch out, driving that fast with those 4.10's. Your driveshaft isn't going to hang on much longer if you keep that up.

i know what your talkin about! i have never gone that fast with the new gear but i wont even take it over 115 cuz of those driveshaft issues! i think that should be a ford recall haha

2006 4.0 5-Spd Mustang
post #11 of 112 (permalink) Old 03-16-2009 Thread Starter
PONY Member
V6 Member
S197 Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3valve46 View Post
sweet kills man!!have you ever had it dynoed?
nope cuz its too expensive around here but im guessing that at 210 crank stock, maybe 230 at the crank with my mods so around 200 to the wheels. just ball park guesses tho

2006 4.0 5-Spd Mustang
post #12 of 112 (permalink) Old 03-16-2009 Thread Starter
PONY Member
V6 Member
S197 Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by amustangrocks View Post
right on man, go 4.0 glad you put him in his place
Quote:
Originally Posted by Smokey88 View Post
bout time this race happened. told you you would take him. :hihi: 4.0 are no pansys.
for sure! haha thanks guys! but street racing is bad. dont do it haha

2006 4.0 5-Spd Mustang
V6 Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by exodus209 View Post
i know he has an exhaust (so does half the neighborhood) i know he has new 32 or 36 pound injectors but im not sure what else.
and it being old and crappy wouldnt surprise me, but he does a rebuild motor with about 10kmiles on it and a new rebuilt tranny with only like 1k miles on it
Nice kill. Just watch out. Our foxes may be old but it don't take much to make them monsters. Nice looking ride too, I love the headlight splitters.
BOSS Member
V6 Member
5.0L Member
S197 Member

nice kill man, when i get my 5.0 in, it aint gonna lose to no 4.0

1985 Regatta Blue vert 5.0- 87 5.0 shortblock, T5 transmission, Steeda Tri-ax Shifter, A/C delete, UDP's, edelbrock rpm performer intake, holley 600 4bbl carb, dual flowmaster 44's with o/r H pipe, MSD ignition, 1.72 roller rockers, Tokico HP shocks/struts, FRPP B springs, FRPP 4.10's

2003 F150 Lariat 4x4-DD
2007 V6 Nitrous injected-SOLD
2002 GT 5 speed- SOLD
Rookie

You beat the driver ......not the car .but good kill either way!!

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Closed Thread

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Mustang Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a VALID email address for yourself, otherwise you will not receive the necessary confirmation email needed to confirm, validate and activate your new AFM member account.

Failure to provide a VALID email address, will result in the cancellation of your new AFM member account registration.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page