First kill in my Mustang - Ford Mustang Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 107 (permalink) Old 01-17-2005 Thread Starter
Apprentice
V6 Member

First kill in my Mustang

This was the first weekend after I got my car - I was driving from Boston to New York to show it to a friend and I was driving down I-84 in Connecticut when two ricers come out of nowhere, doing at least 100. I was in the left lane going 80 or so, and they bombed me on the right, clearly racing each other.

So I hit the gas, pulled up behind them in short order, and we were all doing about 110 or so... there was no traffic, but their cars apparently had topped out because I could hear the high-pitched whine and they weren't getting any faster - so I pulled into the right lane and passed them both, getting my car up to 118mph before I got to the leader, who was doing maybe 114. At that point there was some traffic coming up, and I was a nose ahead of him and pulling away, so I slowed down to 75, and watched as the two of them started doing the duck-and-weave as they hit traffic. Dicks.

I can't remember what sort of cars they were... I think a prelude and an integra? Whatever, they seemed to be all flash and no guns. That's the fastest I've ever taken my car - 118... damn glad I didn't get pulled over! Nowadays the only time I take it over 110 is if I'm doing a suicide pass.

2004 GT. 5-speed. 129K miles and counting.

"My coolant is yellow, a fact I discovered after peeing down the tube at a funny angle."
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

V6 Member
S197 Member

Ricers suck. They all sound like wind up toys.

Sounds exhilariting, you showed those imports who's boss, check out this V6 exhaust, it would help you let all those imports have it.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	NiceExhaust.jpg
Views:	3234
Size:	31.6 KB
ID:	5826  

post #4 of 107 (permalink) Old 01-26-2005 Thread Starter
Apprentice
V6 Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by 88Fox50
Sounds exhilariting, you showed those imports who's boss, check out this V6 exhaust, it would help you let all those imports have it.
you and Cablepro would make great friends, I see.

"My coolant is yellow, a fact I discovered after peeing down the tube at a funny angle."

Fox, i can see your new here. The v6 bashing stuff isnt tolerated well. Its a friendly environment here, lets keep it that way ok? :thumbsup

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoobAStang
Fox, i can see your new here. The v6 bashing stuff isnt tolerated well. Its a friendly environment here, lets keep it that way ok? :thumbsup
Yeah, let's all be nice now, no bashing...
4.6L Member

top speed

My car seems to top off at 110 mph. When I try to go any faster the engine stops. Maybe I need to get a tune.

Yeah, no V6 bashing, just concentrate on import bashing.
SHELBY GT 500 Member
V6 Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by yellowexpress
My car seems to top off at 110 mph. When I try to go any faster the engine stops. Maybe I need to get a tune.

No it's speed limited to the stock tires (112mph).

You'll need to reprogram the comp or get a chip to remove the restriction (hopefully, AFTER you upgrade the tires!!!).

Woe to him who builds his palace by unrighteousness,his upper rooms by injustice,making his countrymen work for nothing...Does it make you a king to have more and more cedar?Did not your father have food and drink?He did what was right and just,so all went well with him. He defended the cause of the poor and needy,and so all went well...But your eyes and your heart are set only on dishonest gain,on shedding innocent blood and on oppression and extortion. Jer 22:13, 15-17
post #10 of 107 (permalink) Old 01-27-2005 Thread Starter
Apprentice
V6 Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Glowmunkey
Yeah, no V6 bashing, just concentrate on import bashing.
heh I only bash imports if they look faster than they are ;-)

4.6L Member

I am going to sometime get a SCT tune, my tires are rated at 168 mph, they are new tires I had to install.

sure that ur mustang doesnt go over 110??

Quote:
hey thas not fair, i am a mustang fan, but never had one. Now lots of this kill stories made me so proud of mustang but this whole thread kinda made me dipressed.
well pardon me i am not a racer( and not a ricer either.)
i like to speed almost everywhere on streets, highways and even going offroads.
i have dirven hell lots of cars but not those super cars.

But my concern is how can a mustang not go over 110 mph when a
toyota camry stock 2004, even a toyota echo can go 110 mph and a peagoet 209 can go almost 138 mph i have dirven one at this speed and believe me. it was in italy and that guy in audi made me go nuts, so i had to show him that if u can go fast that dosent mean u got to be rude.

i guess something is wrong some where i bet if u press accelerator for 15 mins almost any car even a dodge stratus with stupid engine can cross 110, and a mustang with all the funky things u guys are talking of should hit i mean may be 150 or even 175 i know we cant go that high in states but common 110 is not the top limit.

if u consider this way some ricer with a stupid car can beat mustang on a 100 mile road with out doubt..

tell me this is not true, cus i believe mustangs are the best.

btw i am doing M.S. in mechanical engineering so the more technical we are the better i like.

and wud like to appreciate this site as it is real fun to read the kill stories.
once am done with my studies i am gonna get my own kill stories right now have got some work to do.. haha

c ya have a nice racing
streetlegal.
4.6L Member

110 mph

Quote:
Originally Posted by streetlegal
hey thas not fair, i am a mustang fan, but never had one. Now lots of this kill stories made me so proud of mustang but this whole thread kinda made me dipressed.
well pardon me i am not a racer( and not a ricer either.)
i like to speed almost everywhere on streets, highways and even going offroads.
i have dirven hell lots of cars but not those super cars.

But my concern is how can a mustang not go over 110 mph when a
toyota camry stock 2004, even a toyota echo can go 110 mph and a peagoet 209 can go almost 138 mph i have dirven one at this speed and believe me. it was in italy and that guy in audi made me go nuts, so i had to show him that if u can go fast that dosent mean u got to be rude.

i guess something is wrong some where i bet if u press accelerator for 15 mins almost any car even a dodge stratus with stupid engine can cross 110, and a mustang with all the funky things u guys are talking of should hit i mean may be 150 or even 175 i know we cant go that high in states but common 110 is not the top limit.

if u consider this way some ricer with a stupid car can beat mustang on a 100 mile road with out doubt..

tell me this is not true, cus i believe mustangs are the best.

btw i am doing M.S. in mechanical engineering so the more technical we are the better i like.

and wud like to appreciate this site as it is real fun to read the kill stories.
once am done with my studies i am gonna get my own kill stories right now have got some work to do.. haha

c ya have a nice racing
streetlegal.

steetlegal,
I bought the car last november, the fastest it would go is 110 mph. It gets there quickly but the fuel pump cuts off. Whoever owned the car before me must have changed the speed limiter. It also had low speed rated tires on it when I bought it. Since then I put WZ speed rated cooper tires so they can handle much faster speeds. It really sucks that it won't go past 110 mph right now. But I'm going to change that when I get a chip or tuner.
Thanks for the reply.
SHELBY GT 500 Member
V6 Member

Quote:
steetlegal,
I bought the car last november, the fastest it would go is 110 mph. It gets there quickly but the fuel pump cuts off. Whoever owned the car before me must have changed the speed limiter. It also had low speed rated tires on it when I bought it. Since then I put WZ speed rated cooper tires so they can handle much faster speeds. It really sucks that it won't go past 110 mph right now. But I'm going to change that when I get a chip or tuner.
Thanks for the reply.
The car is speed limited to the tire capacity.

Change the tires, then get a tune to remove or increase the limiter.

Woe to him who builds his palace by unrighteousness,his upper rooms by injustice,making his countrymen work for nothing...Does it make you a king to have more and more cedar?Did not your father have food and drink?He did what was right and just,so all went well with him. He defended the cause of the poor and needy,and so all went well...But your eyes and your heart are set only on dishonest gain,on shedding innocent blood and on oppression and extortion. Jer 22:13, 15-17
V6 Member

Seems like a waste to me... Unless your going to the track. :thumbup

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Mustang Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a VALID email address for yourself, otherwise you will not receive the necessary confirmation email needed to confirm, validate and activate your new AFM member account.

Failure to provide a VALID email address, will result in the cancellation of your new AFM member account registration.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page