First kill in my Mustang - Ford Mustang Forum
Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 107 (permalink) Old 01-17-2005 Thread Starter
Apprentice
V6 Member
 
AgentSteel53's Avatar
 
Joined: Apr 2004
Location: San Diego
Posts: 240
 
First kill in my Mustang

This was the first weekend after I got my car - I was driving from Boston to New York to show it to a friend and I was driving down I-84 in Connecticut when two ricers come out of nowhere, doing at least 100. I was in the left lane going 80 or so, and they bombed me on the right, clearly racing each other.

So I hit the gas, pulled up behind them in short order, and we were all doing about 110 or so... there was no traffic, but their cars apparently had topped out because I could hear the high-pitched whine and they weren't getting any faster - so I pulled into the right lane and passed them both, getting my car up to 118mph before I got to the leader, who was doing maybe 114. At that point there was some traffic coming up, and I was a nose ahead of him and pulling away, so I slowed down to 75, and watched as the two of them started doing the duck-and-weave as they hit traffic. Dicks.

I can't remember what sort of cars they were... I think a prelude and an integra? Whatever, they seemed to be all flash and no guns. That's the fastest I've ever taken my car - 118... damn glad I didn't get pulled over! Nowadays the only time I take it over 110 is if I'm doing a suicide pass.


2004 GT. 5-speed. 129K miles and counting.

"My coolant is yellow, a fact I discovered after peeing down the tube at a funny angle."
AgentSteel53 is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
V6 Member
S197 Member
 
Mark Iafrate's Avatar
 
Joined: Jan 2005
Posts: 97
 
Ricers suck. They all sound like wind up toys.

Mark Iafrate is offline  
 
88Fox50's Avatar
 
Joined: Jan 2005
Posts: 4
 
Sounds exhilariting, you showed those imports who's boss, check out this V6 exhaust, it would help you let all those imports have it.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	NiceExhaust.jpg
Views:	3234
Size:	31.6 KB
ID:	5826  
88Fox50 is offline  
 
post #4 of 107 (permalink) Old 01-26-2005 Thread Starter
Apprentice
V6 Member
 
AgentSteel53's Avatar
 
Joined: Apr 2004
Location: San Diego
Posts: 240
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by 88Fox50
Sounds exhilariting, you showed those imports who's boss, check out this V6 exhaust, it would help you let all those imports have it.
you and Cablepro would make great friends, I see.

2004 GT. 5-speed. 129K miles and counting.

"My coolant is yellow, a fact I discovered after peeing down the tube at a funny angle."
AgentSteel53 is offline  
 
NoobAStang's Avatar
 
Joined: Mar 2004
Posts: 297
 
Fox, i can see your new here. The v6 bashing stuff isnt tolerated well. Its a friendly environment here, lets keep it that way ok? :thumbsup
NoobAStang is offline  
 
Falcon453's Avatar
 
Joined: Jun 2004
Posts: 179
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by NoobAStang
Fox, i can see your new here. The v6 bashing stuff isnt tolerated well. Its a friendly environment here, lets keep it that way ok? :thumbsup
Yeah, let's all be nice now, no bashing...
Falcon453 is offline  
4.6L Member
 
yellowexpress's Avatar
 
Joined: Dec 2004
Posts: 33
 
top speed

My car seems to top off at 110 mph. When I try to go any faster the engine stops. Maybe I need to get a tune.
yellowexpress is offline  
 
Glowmunkey's Avatar
 
Joined: Oct 2004
Posts: 144
 
Yeah, no V6 bashing, just concentrate on import bashing.
Glowmunkey is offline  
SHELBY GT 500 Member
V6 Member
 
kscoyote's Avatar
 
Joined: Aug 2002
Location: Topeka
Posts: 11,432
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by yellowexpress
My car seems to top off at 110 mph. When I try to go any faster the engine stops. Maybe I need to get a tune.

No it's speed limited to the stock tires (112mph).

You'll need to reprogram the comp or get a chip to remove the restriction (hopefully, AFTER you upgrade the tires!!!).

Woe to him who builds his palace by unrighteousness,his upper rooms by injustice,making his countrymen work for nothing...Does it make you a king to have more and more cedar?Did not your father have food and drink?He did what was right and just,so all went well with him. He defended the cause of the poor and needy,and so all went well...But your eyes and your heart are set only on dishonest gain,on shedding innocent blood and on oppression and extortion. Jer 22:13, 15-17
kscoyote is offline  
post #10 of 107 (permalink) Old 01-27-2005 Thread Starter
Apprentice
V6 Member
 
AgentSteel53's Avatar
 
Joined: Apr 2004
Location: San Diego
Posts: 240
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Glowmunkey
Yeah, no V6 bashing, just concentrate on import bashing.
heh I only bash imports if they look faster than they are ;-)

2004 GT. 5-speed. 129K miles and counting.

"My coolant is yellow, a fact I discovered after peeing down the tube at a funny angle."
AgentSteel53 is offline  
4.6L Member
 
yellowexpress's Avatar
 
Joined: Dec 2004
Posts: 33
 
I am going to sometime get a SCT tune, my tires are rated at 168 mph, they are new tires I had to install.
yellowexpress is offline  
 
streetlegal's Avatar
 
Joined: Feb 2005
Posts: 1
 
sure that ur mustang doesnt go over 110??

Quote:
Originally Posted by yellowexpress
My car seems to top off at 110 mph. When I try to go any faster the engine stops. Maybe I need to get a tune.
hey thas not fair, i am a mustang fan, but never had one. Now lots of this kill stories made me so proud of mustang but this whole thread kinda made me dipressed.
well pardon me i am not a racer( and not a ricer either.)
i like to speed almost everywhere on streets, highways and even going offroads.
i have dirven hell lots of cars but not those super cars.

But my concern is how can a mustang not go over 110 mph when a
toyota camry stock 2004, even a toyota echo can go 110 mph and a peagoet 209 can go almost 138 mph i have dirven one at this speed and believe me. it was in italy and that guy in audi made me go nuts, so i had to show him that if u can go fast that dosent mean u got to be rude.

i guess something is wrong some where i bet if u press accelerator for 15 mins almost any car even a dodge stratus with stupid engine can cross 110, and a mustang with all the funky things u guys are talking of should hit i mean may be 150 or even 175 i know we cant go that high in states but common 110 is not the top limit.


if u consider this way some ricer with a stupid car can beat mustang on a 100 mile road with out doubt..

tell me this is not true, cus i believe mustangs are the best.

btw i am doing M.S. in mechanical engineering so the more technical we are the better i like.

and wud like to appreciate this site as it is real fun to read the kill stories.
once am done with my studies i am gonna get my own kill stories right now have got some work to do.. haha

c ya have a nice racing
streetlegal.
streetlegal is offline  
4.6L Member
 
yellowexpress's Avatar
 
Joined: Dec 2004
Posts: 33
 
110 mph

Quote:
Originally Posted by streetlegal
hey thas not fair, i am a mustang fan, but never had one. Now lots of this kill stories made me so proud of mustang but this whole thread kinda made me dipressed.
well pardon me i am not a racer( and not a ricer either.)
i like to speed almost everywhere on streets, highways and even going offroads.
i have dirven hell lots of cars but not those super cars.

But my concern is how can a mustang not go over 110 mph when a
toyota camry stock 2004, even a toyota echo can go 110 mph and a peagoet 209 can go almost 138 mph i have dirven one at this speed and believe me. it was in italy and that guy in audi made me go nuts, so i had to show him that if u can go fast that dosent mean u got to be rude.

i guess something is wrong some where i bet if u press accelerator for 15 mins almost any car even a dodge stratus with stupid engine can cross 110, and a mustang with all the funky things u guys are talking of should hit i mean may be 150 or even 175 i know we cant go that high in states but common 110 is not the top limit.


if u consider this way some ricer with a stupid car can beat mustang on a 100 mile road with out doubt..

tell me this is not true, cus i believe mustangs are the best.

btw i am doing M.S. in mechanical engineering so the more technical we are the better i like.

and wud like to appreciate this site as it is real fun to read the kill stories.
once am done with my studies i am gonna get my own kill stories right now have got some work to do.. haha

c ya have a nice racing
streetlegal.

steetlegal,
I bought the car last november, the fastest it would go is 110 mph. It gets there quickly but the fuel pump cuts off. Whoever owned the car before me must have changed the speed limiter. It also had low speed rated tires on it when I bought it. Since then I put WZ speed rated cooper tires so they can handle much faster speeds. It really sucks that it won't go past 110 mph right now. But I'm going to change that when I get a chip or tuner.
Thanks for the reply.
yellowexpress is offline  
SHELBY GT 500 Member
V6 Member
 
kscoyote's Avatar
 
Joined: Aug 2002
Location: Topeka
Posts: 11,432
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by yellowexpress
steetlegal,
I bought the car last november, the fastest it would go is 110 mph. It gets there quickly but the fuel pump cuts off. Whoever owned the car before me must have changed the speed limiter. It also had low speed rated tires on it when I bought it. Since then I put WZ speed rated cooper tires so they can handle much faster speeds. It really sucks that it won't go past 110 mph right now. But I'm going to change that when I get a chip or tuner.
Thanks for the reply.
The car is speed limited to the tire capacity.

Change the tires, then get a tune to remove or increase the limiter.

Woe to him who builds his palace by unrighteousness,his upper rooms by injustice,making his countrymen work for nothing...Does it make you a king to have more and more cedar?Did not your father have food and drink?He did what was right and just,so all went well with him. He defended the cause of the poor and needy,and so all went well...But your eyes and your heart are set only on dishonest gain,on shedding innocent blood and on oppression and extortion. Jer 22:13, 15-17
kscoyote is offline  
V6 Member
 
Korean Ian's Avatar
 
Joined: Apr 2004
Posts: 311
 
Seems like a waste to me... Unless your going to the track. :thumbup

Korean Ian is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Mustang Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a VALID email address for yourself, otherwise you will not receive the necessary confirmation email needed to confirm, validate and activate your new AFM member account.

Failure to provide a VALID email address, will result in the cancellation of your new AFM member account registration.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in










Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page



Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
DAYUM!! look at this kill, stang vs camaro... lol ForceFedIntegra Kill Stories 8 12-07-2008 03:03 PM
A Little Burn for a fellow Stang Hoodlum Kill Stories 4 12-07-2008 04:01 AM
Bought a 04 V6 3.9 Stang Have Questions COFFINATOR V6 Tech 3 10-25-2005 05:49 AM
kill switch 19pony65 Classic Tech 9 09-13-2005 12:47 AM

Posting Rules  
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome
 


Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO 3.6.1