Mustang in snow - Page 3 - Ford Mustang Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
Rookie
4.6L Member

It can be done you just have to drive for the conditions and put some extra weight in the rear end. Traction control helps too, but there is always the find a beater option on the cheap. It may pay for itself in insurance saves by having the extra car as well.

2001 Ford Mustang Cobra
1993 Ford Mustang Coupe
coloradohpjunkies.com
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

PONY Member
4.6L Member
S197 Member

I've always had the opinion that simple common sense and safe driving matter a lot more than what type of car you drive. If you practice safe driving skills and leave yourself enough time, you should have no trouble driving in bad weather.

I've driven mine through the worst that Chicago's winters have thrown at me and been fine. What worries me more than the bad weather is the other idiots out there who continue to drive like crap in it.

Current: 2015 Ford Focus SE

Former: 2007 GT, Satin Silver
Rookie
5.0L Member

I've been in some ( supprised the wife on black Friday in the snow), but I'm going with new rims and Mich. X-Ice all around! I have them on my Mazda 3 and love them!

Rookie

Hi. I live in WI and am considering a 2013 GT with the track package. I was wondering if anyone drives a 2011+ GT year round in the snow as this would be my only vehicle. Of course I would get Blizzaks or a similar tire for the winter, but I am still worried about how the car will handle. I see many thread from people with older Mustangs, but I was wondering if I could get an opinion from someone with a 2011+ GT. Thanks.
Rookie

I've driven my 2.3 hatch through one winter. The winters in AZ are fairly mild, but we do get the occasional heavy storm. Being ballsy like I am, I drove my 2.3 to work and school numerous times. Never had a problem, did have to go slow. Climate control inside the car was broken, so the ride was cold to say the least. Drifted around in a few empty parking lots, felt pretty damn cool.

1990 2.3 LX Hatchback w/ A4LD ):
Apprentice

Garage
I live in Utah. During the winter I have snow tires and 3 50lb bags of rock salt in my trunk. I get around just fine.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Mustang Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a VALID email address for yourself, otherwise you will not receive the necessary confirmation email needed to confirm, validate and activate your new AFM member account.

Failure to provide a VALID email address, will result in the cancellation of your new AFM member account registration.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page