Dont let this part destroy your coyote engine!! The problem and the fix >>>> - Ford Mustang Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 20 (permalink) Old 05-20-2014 Thread Starter
Site Sponsor

Dont let this part destroy your coyote engine!! The problem and the fix >>>>

MMR has had a overwhelming # of calls from engine builders and customers across the country with broken/failed lower crankshaft sprockets. It seems the majority have been those with upgraded camshafts but many have also been stock applications. We even received a call from a MMR dealer (BBR) who had even broke 2 on the same engine. When this part breaks catastrophic failure is certain (bent valves, damaged pistons,cylinder heads etc). MMR went to work quickly on a solution and are now selling the MMR Billet Steel gear. This gear replaces the factory powdered metal gear directly with no other changes, the MMR gears are manufactured from billet 9310 heat treated material and precision made in the US by MMR. If you are building aftermarket engine, have a Ford Racing Aluminator, or rebuilding a coyote engine you need one of these!!! Retail on the Billet steel gears is $239.

Order here: http://www.modularmotorsportsracing....roducts_id=579

Dont let this happen to you:

The new MMR Billet gear

1-877-MOD-POWR Worlds Fastest Modular Engines and Components Worlds Fastest 5.0 Coyote FIRST COYOTE IN THE 6's and 200+ MPH Worlds Fastest GT500 6.75 @ 219.79, World 5.4 DOHC Modular Record Holder 5.95 / 246.89 2014 NMCA Champions

Last edited by Modular Racing; 10-23-2015 at 06:20 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 20 (permalink) Old 07-08-2014 Thread Starter
Site Sponsor

ttt

1-877-MOD-POWR Worlds Fastest Modular Engines and Components Worlds Fastest 5.0 Coyote FIRST COYOTE IN THE 6's and 200+ MPH Worlds Fastest GT500 6.75 @ 219.79, World 5.4 DOHC Modular Record Holder 5.95 / 246.89 2014 NMCA Champions
post #3 of 20 (permalink) Old 07-19-2014 Thread Starter
Site Sponsor

ttt

post #4 of 20 (permalink) Old 08-13-2014 Thread Starter
Site Sponsor

ttt

post #5 of 20 (permalink) Old 08-15-2014 Thread Starter
Site Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Usmc1488 View Post
Might just be me, but it seems like MMR finds solutions for problems no one else is having.
This is common thought process with any new problem, no one believes it until its them. To be honest however we dont expect a customer or average person to know this information, they dont work on coyote engines all day everyday like we do therefore their knowledge is limited. We can tell you, we certainly didnt make a Billet steel gear because the factory one made from powdered metal WASNT failing. There are other threads about this on other forums where failures are common, bottom line- just because you have not found it yet on the internet doesnt mean that it doesnt exist. The precise and factual information on the internet comes from companies such as our with years of experience and World records to back it up.

post #6 of 20 (permalink) Old 08-16-2014
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Modular Racing View Post
This is common thought process with any new problem, no one believes it until its them. To be honest however we dont expect a customer or average person to know this information, they dont work on coyote engines all day everyday like we do therefore their knowledge is limited. We can tell you, we certainly didnt make a Billet steel gear because the factory one made from powdered metal WASNT failing. There are other threads about this on other forums where failures are common, bottom line- just because you have not found it yet on the internet doesnt mean that it doesnt exist. The precise and factual information on the internet comes from companies such as our with years of experience and World records to back it up.

So are we talking completely stock applications with no power adders or those with power adders? If motors are dying even under OEM factory settings after a few years of use I doubt this needs to be bumped, but more of a sticky
post #7 of 20 (permalink) Old 08-18-2014 Thread Starter
Site Sponsor

Like we said, these are facts based on real world experience and feedback from other shops, everyone said this about the factory oil pump gears and now today everyone knows they are a wise investment because they do break unfortunately. Scare tactic- certainly not, they do break and those that love to modify their car should be aware - thats all.

post #8 of 20 (permalink) Old 09-13-2014 Thread Starter
Site Sponsor

Another failure - this one posted by MPR engines in Florida:

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?f...2020164&type=1

post #9 of 20 (permalink) Old 09-13-2014
PONY Member
4.6L Member
S197 Member

Garage
Thumbs up

try answering the question asked earlier.
is this only on motors that are being modded? turbo'ed,supercharged,ect..
has this happened on plain old stock 5.0's ?

thank you

PONY Member

Might be a good idea if your building a brand new motor, but right now I am not worrying about it

Me thinks stock oil pump is a bigger issue

2011 VMPcharged GT Auto, RGR/JPC Motor, Borla Touring, Alum Driveshaft, tuned by VMP [email protected]

Fired up the willing engine, responding with a roar.Tires spitting gravel, I commit my weekly crime.Wind in my hair Shifting and drifting Mechanical music Adrenaline surge - Rush -
post #11 of 20 (permalink) Old 09-15-2014 Thread Starter
Site Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by graz View Post
try answering the question asked earlier.
is this only on motors that are being modded? turbo'ed,supercharged,ect..
has this happened on plain old stock 5.0's ?

thank you

There seems to be no rhyme or reason, we have seen these gears that have broken simply from hitting the rev limiter on stock applications.

post #12 of 20 (permalink) Old 09-15-2014 Thread Starter
Site Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Usmc1488 View Post
No evidence has of yet been provided for any of their stuff!
What information are you looking for so that we may be able to answer any questions you may have. In regards to this product, it is now a known part to fail as shown by us and other engine builders across the country, this information from us and other engine builders is well documented and unfortunately real - much like the oil pump gear failures.

Apprentice

Not to be argumentative, but this company is supporting our platform. I can't vouch for the validity of this part or it's need; but given the cost of R&D and production costs, I'm sure they have incurred some need for the part. These guys seem to build a quality engine and they are using quality parts, I wouldn't judge these guys for making some parts that you may not need. If you don't like them, don't buy them. No need to make a public display. Like I said, they are supporting our platform, our hobby. You have to give the credit for that.

DISCLAIMER: I have never bought anything or even spoken to MMR. I'm just saying don't be so quick to judge a company that supports us. That's how you lose great companies in our hobby.

2013 Deep Impact Blue GT Premium
BOSS Member

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Modular Racing View Post
There seems to be no rhyme or reason, we have seen these gears that have broken simply from hitting the rev limiter on stock applications.
I'm on at least 6 Mustang forums and this is the first I hear of this.

Shadow Black 2018 GT 10R80-355
Sean Reilly

Quote:
Originally Posted by kenv
THIS^^^ Unless you can prove that ANY site sponsor/vendor is either selling a bad product/service, AND they have not responded to phone calls/Emails/ or site pm`s on a problem that you have had after paying your money, DO NOT BASH the vendor/site sponsor. If they won`t answer a question that you have before purchase, simply don`t buy it. Its that simple. I have made a rule about bashing site sponsors, & will enforce it. If you have bought something & the vendor will not respond to your pm`s, contact me or Sean, & we will take it up with the site owners. The next one to bash a sponsor in open forum will get a vacation. Some temporary, & some permanent. Depending on how we see it. I have copied this thread into MMR`s forum in the Marketplace Forum. Any further CONSTRUCTIVE comments can be made there. The subject concerning sponsor bashing is NOT open to discussion!!!!!!!!!

^^^^ THIS To The 10th Power!! ^^^^

It cannot be explained ANY Better then how kenv Posted Above!!

Sean.
2013 Mustang GT Premium RED CANDY TRI-COAT (RZ) MT-82, Premium Trim, (Black-Cashmere),TRACK-PACK,, Electronics-Navigation, Comfort, Rev. Sensing / Rear Camera. Only Mods.>> 2014 DUAL-PATH GAUGE CLUSTER, FORD RACING (2014 GT TRACK-KEY Tune Loaded, Set To "N" 93 Octane),, JLT Oil Separator+BORLA Cat/Back-W/H-Pipe, With S-Type Axle Backs and BOSS Laguna Seca 26MM Rear Anti-Sway Bar.

AFM SITE ADMINISTRATOR

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Mustang Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a VALID email address for yourself, otherwise you will not receive the necessary confirmation email needed to confirm, validate and activate your new AFM member account.

Failure to provide a VALID email address, will result in the cancellation of your new AFM member account registration.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page