need someone to touch up a photo that means a lot to me - Page 2 - Ford Mustang Forum
Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools
SHELBY GT-40 ULTIMATE Member
4.6L Member
5.0L Member

It's no problem with others working on the photo, no stepping on anyone's toes. The main thing is she gets her Chopper photo back. Then again, I'm not the best and maybe someone does a better job so by all means, get the photo fixed the best we can.

That's a cool lighting effect you did, it puts more emphasis on Chopper.

AFM Site Administrator
Member: Mustang Club of America #82740, White Mustang Registry #362, NMRA, Fun Ford Weekend, Mustangs of Burlington

MOOG Certified Technician
For mods and sound clips, see profile and gallery.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

MACH I Member
Classic Member

Hello Eagle,
Thanks for the kind words. I am certain you know that all I used was a lighting filter in Photo-shop. It can create a mood and draw attention to the cat.

I teach Graphics in our local High School but I am really a printer. I do pretty well on presses and was a pretty good stripper back in the day.(For you pervs - -a stripper positioned negatives so that the work could be properly positioned on a printing press )

Eagle - -another little trick I used was to copy the left side of the face - create a new job - - then converted to grey scale - adjusted the hue and saturation - -flopped the canvas and then overlaid it on a new layer on the original. Blended the seam and I KNOW that you understand .

I must admit I did not put much time into the job and I gotta admit I am not CAT person - - But I really wanted to help.

Your work was far better than what I had done and try messing with a few filters. There are so many and they all have such different affects.

I also feel certain that the job would look better if saved as a Tiff with a higher resolution.

I have been in the print business for over 40 years - -if you EVER get stuck with a production related question - -PLease send me a PM - -I would gladly offer my ideas.

I started to read you stats etc and gotta admit - you have done a lot for a young guy. Education is always a help - Keep helping others.

Print DAd

post #18 of 20 (permalink) Old 10-03-2010 Thread Starter
Apprentice

Send a message via AIM to BluePhoenix
Quote:
Originally Posted by Print Dad View Post
Hello All,
AMAZING work by Chopper. I can't compare to that work but
I did try a new affect on mine.
I was thinking "perhaps a cool start to a Christmas card for this year.

Chopper = =GREAT - I wish I had you in class. I in no means was trting to compete
with your work. Has I seen it earlier, I would have not done a picture - -no need to, but I had it about complete and wanted to post it.

To all the responders I think you must agree
"This was a touching story. Sometimes we gotta
remember there is so much more to life than just our
little issues with cars.

I am glad to see people still care.

Be well

Print Dad
Thanks to both of you! You both did an amazing job! This is something I would LOVE to get into career wise but im not sure how useful and needful it is in this area unless you could do work from home ya know. Its amazing what you can do with a computer nowadays. BIIIG Thank you for both of you! I actually dug this pic out for a photo contest in our local paper. Im hoping it'll win cause it is so cute lol

ModsStang

Your offer to Eagle was awesome! Not many people generously offer tens of years of experience!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Print Dad View Post
...and was a pretty good stripper back in the day.(For you pervs - -a stripper positioned negatives so that the work could be properly positioned on a printing press )
Our 4 colors go direct to plate - but our Quickmasters don't - I still run negs for those.... No matter how many times I hear someone say "I am going to strip..." I still cringe!!!
SHELBY GT-40 ULTIMATE Member
4.6L Member
5.0L Member

I appreciate your offer, I'll definitely take it into consideration. I do listen to those with experience, they're farther down this road than I am and know what's coming up, so I give them all their due credit.

We have to know if Chopper wins anything in that contest.

AFM Site Administrator
Member: Mustang Club of America #82740, White Mustang Registry #362, NMRA, Fun Ford Weekend, Mustangs of Burlington

MOOG Certified Technician
For mods and sound clips, see profile and gallery.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Closed Thread

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Mustang Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a VALID email address for yourself, otherwise you will not receive the necessary confirmation email needed to confirm, validate and activate your new AFM member account.

Failure to provide a VALID email address, will result in the cancellation of your new AFM member account registration.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page