What's it worth....2009 GT500KR - Ford Mustang Forum
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By B.Cooper

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 6 (permalink) Old 10-13-2019 Thread Starter
Rookie

What's it worth....2009 GT500KR

It's been over 15 years since I've owned a Mustang. I was a hardcore GM guy all of my life....a short still one still as of the time I drove a coworkers full exhaust, 3.55 bolt on 5.0 when I was about 20. I ended buying the car a few months later and owner and drove it for 5 years and 100K miles. It's still the favorite car I've ever owned.

So I'm new here and looking for some help. I've got a couple of "toy" cars and might be in the market for another. I dont have the space or time to work on another 5.0.....one day I will... and want something truly fast but also comfortable and reliable.

I know of a some what local guy who has a 2009 GT500KR that he wants gone. An oldschool hotrodder that needs garage space for other toys. I'm seriously thinking about buying it. I know that KBB and Edmunds type values are often inaccurate for rare or specialty type cars. And I don't know much about Mustang values. Anybody have a good idea on what something like this should go for?

Black on black 6 speed....I think they all were manual....with 3,000 miles on it. Obviously a rarely driven garage queen. Bone stock as far as I know. "Book" value seems to be mid to high 20's. What do you guys think?

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 (permalink) Old 10-13-2019
Administrator
Classic Member
4.6L Member
5.0L Member
S197 Member

I think that price would be about right for a 2009 GT500 with miles that low, I've never priced the GT500KR but would think it would be a bit more. By the way welcome to the site!

Beechkid likes this.

Engine mods - all stock, trust me, wanna run??!!!
post #3 of 6 (permalink) Old 10-13-2019
V6 Member
4.6L Member
5.0L Member
S197 Member

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnotherWS6 View Post
It's been over 15 years since I've owned a Mustang. I was a hardcore GM guy all of my life....a short still one still as of the time I drove a coworkers full exhaust, 3.55 bolt on 5.0 when I was about 20. I ended buying the car a few months later and owner and drove it for 5 years and 100K miles. It's still the favorite car I've ever owned.

So I'm new here and looking for some help. I've got a couple of "toy" cars and might be in the market for another. I dont have the space or time to work on another 5.0.....one day I will... and want something truly fast but also comfortable and reliable.

I know of a some what local guy who has a 2009 GT500KR that he wants gone. An oldschool hotrodder that needs garage space for other toys. I'm seriously thinking about buying it. I know that KBB and Edmunds type values are often inaccurate for rare or specialty type cars. And I don't know much about Mustang values. Anybody have a good idea on what something like this should go for?

Black on black 6 speed....I think they all were manual....with 3,000 miles on it. Obviously a rarely driven garage queen. Bone stock as far as I know. "Book" value seems to be mid to high 20's. What do you guys think?
The KR is a tough one as very few made and not often seen on the market. Heck one dealer near me I think still had a new one that sits in the showroom for I think 80-100K. haha Don't know if they ever will sell it. Anyway Reg 2007-2009 GT500's sell for mid to high 20's these days at least the ones I see with low miles. As low miles as that KR I would say low 30's. So being a KR with that low miles I would say mid 30's is a reasonable price. If they are asking in the 20's I would scoop it up before they change their mind though with not much thought to it.

I speak all that with current knowledge as I am in the market for my next Mustang and in and out of the idea of a GT500. Started in the thought of a 07-09 GT500, but now I think if I do it I will go for a 13 or 14. Almost bought a 13 this past week, but I let a few hundred dollars get in the way of a deal and it sold... CRAP....

Current Garage
(11.)2012 GT500 silver with red stripe, SVT performance package, and Recaro seats.
2018 Honda Civic Type R
Past Mustangs in order and color of text.
(1.)2000, (2.)2004, (3.)2006GT/Auto traded for (4.)2006GT/Manual, (5.)1996, (6.)2011GT, (7.)2003GT, (8.)2006GT, (9)2013 Boss 302, and (10.) 2002GT
(I have owned a few non Mustang cars over the years as well, but always try to have a Mustang with it or come quickly back to a Mustang!)

post #4 of 6 (permalink) Old 10-14-2019 Thread Starter
Rookie

Thanks for the welcome.

I only hAve a vague memory of the KR even existing. Or maybe I'm imagining it. It's got a bit more power, factory 3.73s and some exterior stuff. Seems like a solid package, but dunno if there is much of a demand for it. Like, are they the 'one' that people into these cars want, or is it not a big deal?

How are the values of this generation doing in general? Still going down or starting to hold solid? I imagine after a decade the depreciation for truly clean examples has at least stopped?
post #5 of 6 (permalink) Old 10-14-2019
V6 Member
4.6L Member
5.0L Member
S197 Member

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnotherWS6 View Post
Thanks for the welcome.

I only hAve a vague memory of the KR even existing. Or maybe I'm imagining it. It's got a bit more power, factory 3.73s and some exterior stuff. Seems like a solid package, but dunno if there is much of a demand for it. Like, are they the 'one' that people into these cars want, or is it not a big deal?

How are the values of this generation doing in general? Still going down or starting to hold solid? I imagine after a decade the depreciation for truly clean examples has at least stopped?
You never really hear about the KR honestly. They stand out when they show up at a show, but other than that they aren't well talked about. Honestly not sure what all the differences are. If I were to spend more than the standard 07-09 GT500 I would take the step up to the 2010-2012 GT500 and thats what I did. Then somehow decided to take a further step up to the 2013-2014 GT500 and cross shop that with a GT350 is where I am at currently.

Current Garage
(11.)2012 GT500 silver with red stripe, SVT performance package, and Recaro seats.
2018 Honda Civic Type R
Past Mustangs in order and color of text.
(1.)2000, (2.)2004, (3.)2006GT/Auto traded for (4.)2006GT/Manual, (5.)1996, (6.)2011GT, (7.)2003GT, (8.)2006GT, (9)2013 Boss 302, and (10.) 2002GT
(I have owned a few non Mustang cars over the years as well, but always try to have a Mustang with it or come quickly back to a Mustang!)
post #6 of 6 (permalink) Old 10-14-2019
SHELBY GT 350 Member
4.6L Member
S197 Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by MustangLife View Post
. . . Heck one dealer near me I think still had a new one that sits in the showroom for I think 80-100K.....
A dealer near me has one sitting in his showroom also, has been there for years, I think he is asking something like $70K for it, which is obviously way too much and that's why it still hasn't sold . . . . hard for me to believe that he would sit on it for that long.

Yeah it's real hard to put a number on it, but if you could get it for high 20's or low 30's that sounds pretty good to me.

| 2010 GT coupe | Daily Driver with some Steeda and GT500 take-off stuff for the occasional track day
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Mustang Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a VALID email address for yourself, otherwise you will not receive the necessary confirmation email needed to confirm, validate and activate your new AFM member account.

Failure to provide a VALID email address, will result in the cancellation of your new AFM member account registration.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page