2008 Mustang Shelby GT-"C" questions - Ford Mustang Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 4 (permalink) Old 04-06-2008 Thread Starter

Post 2008 Mustang Shelby GT-"C" questions

Hello, I am new to AFM.

In a couple of weeks, I am going to get my first vehicle (I'm 17). I plan on getting a brand new 2008 Mustang Shelby GT-"C", but before doing so, I have a couple of questions:

1: What colors are available?
2: Does it really handle better than the standard Ford Mustang GT?
3: What is its raw HP?
4: If I do buy the Shelby GT, I want to order a GT-500 front fascia package from the dealership, if so, roughly how much would it be total? (parts and labor)
5: Would the stock Shelby GT hood fit and look good with a GT-500 front fascia?
5: I'm also interested in buying a supercharger, and I want a good supercharger thats not too expensive (not more than $4000), what would be a good option?
6: If I order a supercharger, would I have to change gear programming (I'm getting an automatic) and/or change the tires?

Thanks.

Kevin B

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 (permalink) Old 04-07-2008
S197 Mustang Owner
4.6L Member
S197 Member

Send a message via AIM to hotshot
sounds like you are going all out on your first car. First off, do you have enough money for all of this? i know when i was 17 i had about $4k to my name.....

Alright, lets say you have the cash, what exactly is the shelby GT-"C"? i have heard about the GT-H which is the Hertz version but i have no heard about this one before.

Alright again, lets assume you mean a shelby GT, well then, they are pretty neat. not worth all the extra money though, you'd be better off buying a GT and saving yourself the money and modding it yourself.

I don't know if you can order and install the GT500 front fascia from the dealer but it costs over $600 un-painted. and the stock hood WILL NOT FIT on the GT500 front fascia, you will need a hood which will set you back another good chunk of cash.

Colors, i think they come in vista blue, black, and another one or two but thats about it. no big selection with the shelby GT's

raw HP is just over 300, i think at 325 but honestly, you can get a GT for 8,000 less, and put a bolt on or two and make more than that out of it.

S/C will set you back around $6,000 for the unit and then tons and tons for all of the supporting mods and upkeep. Set yourself about a 8-9,000 budget just to be on the safe sie for when you get the S/C

2007 Mustang GT Convertible Stage 0 E-Force #402 Supercharger, Brenspeed Tune (435/400), GT500 Fuel pump, Clutch Delete Option, Roush Front Fascia, Brembos, California Dream Hood, Qwitch latch flush mount hood pins, MRT Light Bar, J&M LCA's, BMR UCA, UPR catch can, 6000k, Pypes Bombs, Pypes X-pipe, Airbrushed Flame pieces under the hood, Clear corners, GT500 shocks , FRPP P-springs (rear), BMR Adj Panhard, E-Force engine covers
2012 Ford Focus SEL 5Dr with MyFordTouch, Auto-Park, 303A Package,

post #3 of 4 (permalink) Old 04-24-2008
BOSS Member
Classic Member
4.6L Member
S197 Member

The Shelby GT-C is a california only model with less than 300 produced. They are all grabber orange. The standard Shelby GT for 08 is only available in Vista Blue. If you want a black one, Shelby makes a Barrett Jackson Shelby GT for 08 that is available in Arizona (it is black with red stripes). If you have the cash, for all the $$$$ you are talking, just buy a GT500.

In an interstellar burst, I'm back to save the universe.

post #4 of 4 (permalink) Old 05-03-2008
GT Member
4.6L Member
5.0L Member
S197 Member

id get a stock gt, and modify it yourself. its much cheaper that way, and you wont have to worry about keeping the value of a 100% stock shelby.. oh, and the gt hood will fit a gt500 swap, but the body lines by the grille wont match up.. so if you run low on cash, that hood will work

oh, but a question of my own about the gt-c. can i get a rear bumper from any dealership? or am i going to have to contact a california dealership? or...is there an aftermarket one? i like the g500 bumper, but the gt-c looks much cleaner with the paint

currently without pony
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Closed Thread

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Mustang Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a VALID email address for yourself, otherwise you will not receive the necessary confirmation email needed to confirm, validate and activate your new AFM member account.

Failure to provide a VALID email address, will result in the cancellation of your new AFM member account registration.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page