Metco or J&M UCA - Ford Mustang Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 5 (permalink) Old 11-19-2008 Thread Starter
Rookie
4.6L Member
S197 Member

Metco or J&M UCA

Metco uses a heavy duty chassis mount with correct diameter bolt hole to deal with clunking and a pivoting clevis to avoid binding. Front bushing is polyurethane with delrin insert to avoid crushing. also has grease fitting.

J & M uses aluminum washers to obtain correct diameter bolt hole on factory chassis mount to deal with clunking and a hard polyurethane ball with soft outer soft cups for front bushing to eliminate binding in cornering and will not deflect on acceleration. bushing is pregreased before installation. no grease fitting.

Have not decided witch UCA to go with. will be used for street only. will use adjustable as one day will install lowering springs. any input or past experience with either Metco or J & M will be helpful

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 (permalink) Old 11-23-2008
SHELBY GT 500 Member
S197 Member

I have the J&M LCAs and they work great. The car pulls streight as an arrow. I do like the style of pushing also. It lets it move to keep it from binding as full solid bushing would.

2011 GT Candy Red
07 REDFIRE GT Gone
post #3 of 5 (permalink) Old 11-29-2008
Site Sponsor

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by livin4cars View Post
J & M uses aluminum washers to obtain correct diameter bolt hole on factory chassis mount to deal with clunking and a hard polyurethane ball with soft outer soft cups for front bushing to eliminate binding in cornering and will not deflect on acceleration. bushing is pregreased before installation. no grease fitting.
We need to correct you on the washers. They are not aluminum, but rather made from 1144 stress-proof steel. The material has strength of around 180,000 psi and is stress relieved and heat treated to 32 Rockwell so they won't wear out.

- Sales Team -
J&M Products
www.hotpart.com
805-544-1128
[email protected]

post #4 of 5 (permalink) Old 01-26-2009
Apprentice
S197 Member

No, unfortunately thats not true - or at least not with my set. I have the J&M adjustable lower control arms and they DEFINATELY come with aluminimum spacers. I wish they were steel however, because after 6 months these little fellas have become pretty distorted and in need of replacement. If someone knows of some steel versons i would sure be glad to hear it!

Quote:
Originally Posted by hotpart View Post
We need to correct you on the washers. They are not aluminum, but rather made from 1144 stress-proof steel. The material has strength of around 180,000 psi and is stress relieved and heat treated to 32 Rockwell so they won't wear out.
post #5 of 5 (permalink) Old 01-26-2009
Site Sponsor

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by archery_tim View Post
No, unfortunately thats not true - or at least not with my set. I have the J&M adjustable lower control arms and they DEFINATELY come with aluminimum spacers. I wish they were steel however, because after 6 months these little fellas have become pretty distorted and in need of replacement. If someone knows of some steel versons i would sure be glad to hear it!
The original question is about the upper control arms not the race version aluminum lower control arms. The uppers use heat treated 1144 steel for the anti-clunk bushings and the race aluminum lower control arms use aluminum reducer bushings. The only way they can wear out is if the control arm was not properly tightened. If you are having a problem with them give us a call or PM us with your address and we will get them replaced for you.

- Sales Team -
J&M Products
www.hotpart.com
805-544-1128
[email protected]
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Closed Thread

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Mustang Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a VALID email address for yourself, otherwise you will not receive the necessary confirmation email needed to confirm, validate and activate your new AFM member account.

Failure to provide a VALID email address, will result in the cancellation of your new AFM member account registration.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page