I wish you could get a Mustang gt500 in an automatic - Page 3 - Ford Mustang Forum
Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools
SHELBY GT 350 Member
S197 Member

Send a message via AIM to RetroGT2006
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cusp View Post
Didn't Hertz car rentals have GT500's in Automatic versions. With the Traction Control switch disabled. If Hertz was able to do it, there must be a way.
Nope, they have Shelby GT's...

Daily Driver: 2006 Honda CBR600rr
Weekend Warrior: 2006 Mustang GT
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

MACH I Member
S197 Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bopper View Post
No offense intended, of coarse
:nogrinner Go easy. The guys driving automatics seem to be extra sensative.

2007 GT, 5 speed, Paxton 2200
SHELBY GT 350 Member
S197 Member

Send a message via AIM to RetroGT2006
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueLou View Post
:nogrinner Go easy. The guys driving automatics seem to be extra sensative.
Hey shut your trap! lol jk I am not extra sensative- i just hate when people think automatics can't perform and the reason why i bought an auto is because they think i can't drive stick..

I can almost out drive all the people i know that have a stick, with a stick.. I sure as hell can drive it =). I simply bought my automatic b/c the price.

It was either downgrade to a 07 V6 5spd, or upgrade to a brand new 06 GT automatic.. It was a no-brainer to me.

Daily Driver: 2006 Honda CBR600rr
Weekend Warrior: 2006 Mustang GT

PONY Member
S197 Member

everybody on this site thinks what they have is the best.before i got my gt i test drove both auto and stick.i have a auto but stock for stock the stick wins hand down but with my bama 93 race tune, cai and 410 gears i cant be happier.they both have there good and bad it would be best to have one of each but for my dd it is my neck snaping tire ripping ass hauling auto for me.but here is no right or wroung here thats why they offer both.cant we all just get along.
PONY Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigbensbadstang View Post
for my dd it is my neck snaping tire ripping ass hauling auto for me.
Now thats how you sell! when you put it like that, I am starting to believe.

08 GT Vert, Manual, PerfWhite, RedLeather, ClothTop, I-UP, ActiveAlarm, HID's, HeatedSeats, Scoop, Sirius, FoMoNav, 18"PolishedBullitt's, AmbientLights, GentexMirror(Electro/Comp/Temp/Homelink), JaegerFlaps, CPCHoodlifts, CDCWindDeflector, FRPPCAI/Tune, Shelby/Drake STB, JLTOilSep
GT Member
S197 Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueLou View Post
The heck with just an automatic, I wish I could get a chauffeur with my GT500. Steering is just too much work for me. I could break a nail or something.....
Hell, riding in it is too much trouble for me, I want to hire someone to drive it while I take a nap with my AUTOMATIC.

Frank

2013 GT Premium, Red Candy Metallic, Brembos, Auto, GT500 Axlebacks.

SOLD! 2008 GT Premium, Vapor Metallic, 5-speed stick w/MGW, Ford Racing M6066 Whipple S/C, 3.31 gear, GTA's. GT500 front end, spoiler, suspension and wheels. Sequentials and one touch. - can't wipe the smile off my face.
PONY Member

If one practices a stick will shift smoother then an auto going into and out of a turn.

If one has a dead battery all one has to do is get the car rolling at 3 MPH and pop the clutch and the car will start.

2009 Mustang GT Deluxe, fake hood scoop, Ford Racing Bullitt cold air intake and tune, Hurst billet competition plus shifter.

MACH I Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Earl_the_Pearl View Post
If one practices a stick will shift smoother then an auto going into and out of a turn.

If one has a dead battery all one has to do is get the car rolling at 3 MPH and pop the clutch and the car will start.
LMAO!! It's gone from 'feeling the road' and being one with the car to getting it to start when you have a dead battery. Such strong points for the manual!! :nogrinner

2005 Sonic Blue GT
SHELBY GT 500 Member

Quote:

No they won't, there is a switch that keeps the car from starting if the clutch pedal isn't depressed. Pop the clutch, disconnect the switch. Safety feature.
You could do that with the older ones.

AFM Site Administrator
2006 Tungsten Grey Mustang GT Manual.
Alpine H/U with Infinity speakers.
Powerhouse CAI and Tune.
Previous Mustangs:
1978 2.8 L, 1979 5.0, 1982 5.0 "HO", 1986 5.0 GT

Don't wait for tomorrow to look back and wish for today
PONY Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by pcfrisch View Post
No they won't, there is a switch that keeps the car from starting if the clutch pedal isn't depressed. Pop the clutch, disconnect the switch. Safety feature.
Thats interesting. I figured that the starter was just disabled with the clutch switch, I would have guessed that the Car would still be able to be jumped, I want to test that.

My BMW Motorcycle had the clutch safety switch, but I was still able to jump it.

08 GT Vert, Manual, PerfWhite, RedLeather, ClothTop, I-UP, ActiveAlarm, HID's, HeatedSeats, Scoop, Sirius, FoMoNav, 18"PolishedBullitt's, AmbientLights, GentexMirror(Electro/Comp/Temp/Homelink), JaegerFlaps, CPCHoodlifts, CDCWindDeflector, FRPPCAI/Tune, Shelby/Drake STB, JLTOilSep
PONY Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by pcfrisch View Post
Well excuuuuuuse me. Turn the key on not to start. Depress the clutch and put the transmission in first, get the car rolling at 3 MPH and pop the clutch; this will cause the engine and alternator to turn supplying current to the plugs. The starter is not involved; the starter is what is prevented from getting power with the clutch disconnect switch. :youcandothis:

Kids.

2009 Mustang GT Deluxe, fake hood scoop, Ford Racing Bullitt cold air intake and tune, Hurst billet competition plus shifter.

PONY Member
S197 Member

i thought only poor people drove sticks.(jk)my first couple of cars where sticks but its been a while since i have not had a car that cmae without being a auto and with air/heat leather power etc.
PONY Member

The reason one can not get an extremely powerful car with an auto is they want to keep them out of the hands of women and people with poorly working body parts.

GT Member
4.6L Member

Quote:
The reason one can not get an extremely powerful car with an auto is they want to keep them out of the hands of women and people with poorly working body parts.
hey i just messed up my ankle on sunday and i can still drive my car, can u do that with a manual

03 GT SUPERCHARGED-SOLD
2010 FUSION SPORT
2000 F-350 7.3L SD
PONY Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by BRENSTANG03 View Post
hey i just messed up my ankle on sunday and i can still drive my car, can u do that with a manual
My right foot was in a cast and I could not drive my Voyager.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Closed Thread

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Mustang Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a VALID email address for yourself, otherwise you will not receive the necessary confirmation email needed to confirm, validate and activate your new AFM member account.

Failure to provide a VALID email address, will result in the cancellation of your new AFM member account registration.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page