I wish you could get a Mustang gt500 in an automatic - Page 7 - Ford Mustang Forum
Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools
Site Sponsor
S197 Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by JC9 View Post
If you want a Auto. get a Vette, all the old people get them, hey I'm 52, a real sports car has stick! PERIOD.
JC what kind of sports car do you have that you're refering to? I have several Mustangs and love them all but in no way have they ever been or are they (Mustangs in general PERIOD) now a sports car! Not bustin your balls just sayin the facts. I have both auto and sticks with 5 and 6 speeds but none could ever be considered a sports car. Just take a mustang around a hairpin corner at high speeds and tell me what ya think after that.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Apprentice

Quote:
Originally Posted by angelo07stang View Post
Ok let the flaming begin I love the gt500 but dont wont to be bothered with a stick When I get my grabber orange gt paid off I want to keep it cause I love it and you dont see many grabberoranges around were I live but would love a grabber blue gt500 with white stripes but dont want a stick.

then dont buy a shelby. ford doesnt make a dual clutch setup so a manual tranny is a must in its flagship car. the gt500 is all about delivering power to the ground. if it had a slushbox, then the whp would still be good, but not nearly as good as a manual tranny will do. automatic trannys have way more parasitic loss of power and torque from the engine to the ground than that of a manual. thats a fact. and without a dual clutch setup, theres just no other option than a 6spd man. and hopefully there never will be a dual clutch engineered for these cars bc they were designed from day one to have a manual in them. also if they were to for some stupid reason put a slushbox in a gt500 the extra added weight would kill performance, not to mention most likely fry the tranny in a small time period. so if you want an auto stick with a v6. try your nearest dealer and take a new 3.7 mustang for a test drive. theyre great cars and seems like it would fit what your looking for perfectly.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Closed Thread

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Mustang Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a VALID email address for yourself, otherwise you will not receive the necessary confirmation email needed to confirm, validate and activate your new AFM member account.

Failure to provide a VALID email address, will result in the cancellation of your new AFM member account registration.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page