Quick question for all you GT500 owners out there - Ford Mustang Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 7 (permalink) Old 09-02-2009 Thread Starter
Rookie
4.6L Member
S197 Member

Send a message via AIM to Proud2Bblack Send a message via Yahoo to Proud2Bblack Send a message via Skype™ to Proud2Bblack
Question Quick question for all you GT500 owners out there

I currently have a 2007 GT. But tomorrow I am taking it in to have alot of the GT500 parts put on to my car. I have heard different opinions on whether or not the suspension off the GT500 will be any different then my current. Any thoughts? I know the sway bars and lateral bar will make a difference, but wondering it if the shocks and springs will be worth it.

Also the gearing on my 2007 GT is supposedly 355 and the GT500 is 331? Is this also correct, cuz if so I will probably stick with my stock gearing.

And last but not least, is there a difference in the drive shaft between the 2007 GT and the 2008 GT500?

Thank you for your time. I am slowly learning all the technical things.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 7 (permalink) Old 09-03-2009
Classic Member
S197 Member

Send a message via Yahoo to stlwagon
The GT500 and GT driveshafts are not the same.

1965 Mustang Coupe
post #3 of 7 (permalink) Old 09-03-2009 Thread Starter
Rookie
4.6L Member
S197 Member

Send a message via AIM to Proud2Bblack Send a message via Yahoo to Proud2Bblack Send a message via Skype™ to Proud2Bblack
Question Reply

Quote:
Originally Posted by stlwagon View Post
The GT500 and GT driveshafts are not the same.
So I assume the GT500 is better? And should it fit the GT?

post #4 of 7 (permalink) Old 09-03-2009
PONY Member
S197 Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Proud2Bblack View Post
I currently have a 2007 GT. But tomorrow I am taking it in to have alot of the GT500 parts put on to my car. I have heard different opinions on whether or not the suspension off the GT500 will be any different then my current. Any thoughts? I know the sway bars and lateral bar will make a difference, but wondering it if the shocks and springs will be worth it.

Also the gearing on my 2007 GT is supposedly 355 and the GT500 is 331? Is this also correct, cuz if so I will probably stick with my stock gearing.

And last but not least, is there a difference in the drive shaft between the 2007 GT and the 2008 GT500?

You are correct about the gearing being 3 31's. Keep your stock gearing.

The driveshafts are not the same and the GT500 one may be a bit better but not by much.

As for suspension you could make a custom setup that will be far better than a stock gt500 setup. Most of the gt500 guys are swapping their suspension parts to other parts because of the lack of performance. The KR though is another story. If you can get that setup I would advise it because the difference for me is night and day.

2005 Screaming Yellow V6 Mustang - 5 Speed Manual, In Dash DVD/Navigation, Eibach Pro Kit, 10" Black Stripes with 1/2" Pinstripes, 10" Sub Woofer with Sony Amplifier, 20" Foose DF-5 Rims with paint matched center pieces.

2009 Shelby GT500 - White w/ Red Stripes - Stock (For Now)

2008 Shelby GT500KR 40th Anniversary Edition - Stock (For Now)
post #5 of 7 (permalink) Old 09-11-2009
PONY Member
5.0L Member

Send a message via AIM to 88BlownGT
CrzyHorse, if you don't mind me askin, what do you do for a livin? To own a GT500 and the KR requires a bit of cash.

1988 Mustang GT 5.0
BBK 1 5/8th Chrome LTs, BBK Shorty H Pipe, Hooker mufflers, K&N Panel Filter, MSD Blaster Coil, MSD Pro Billet Distributor, MSD Super Conductors, March Underdrive Pulleys, AC/Smog Delete, Weight Reduction, MT ET Drags, Electric Fan, Steeda Tri-Ax, FRPP Aluminum Driveshaft, FRPP 3.73s, T5-Z
post #6 of 7 (permalink) Old 09-12-2009
PONY Member
S197 Member

I personally train kids in tennis.

2005 Screaming Yellow V6 Mustang - 5 Speed Manual, In Dash DVD/Navigation, Eibach Pro Kit, 10" Black Stripes with 1/2" Pinstripes, 10" Sub Woofer with Sony Amplifier, 20" Foose DF-5 Rims with paint matched center pieces.

2009 Shelby GT500 - White w/ Red Stripes - Stock (For Now)

2008 Shelby GT500KR 40th Anniversary Edition - Stock (For Now)
post #7 of 7 (permalink) Old 09-23-2009
Rookie
4.6L Member
S197 Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Proud2Bblack View Post

New GT 500,s have 3.55 gears .
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Closed Thread

Tags
2008 gt , compatability , gt500 , swaping parts , upgrading

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Mustang Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a VALID email address for yourself, otherwise you will not receive the necessary confirmation email needed to confirm, validate and activate your new AFM member account.

Failure to provide a VALID email address, will result in the cancellation of your new AFM member account registration.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page