headlight question - Ford Mustang Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 13 (permalink) Old 10-10-2009 Thread Starter
PONY Member
4.6L Member
S197 Member

headlight question

I'm considering a facelift for a v6 mustang to use the gt500 front. Its an expensive change but I think we can all agree the look is worth it. One question though. I like the look of halo headlamps. I also like the added visability they provide for my car. Is there such a thing as halo headlamps that fit a gt500?

SHO
GT500 Front End Swap, Monster H1 Deep Draw Hood, Web Electric Sequential Tail Lights, Smoked Coyote Tail Lights, 2010 Interior Door Panals, 2012 Sun Visors w/ Illuminated Mirrors and Homelink
GO
Coming Soon!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 13 (permalink) Old 10-10-2009
GT Member

Send a message via AIM to RedFire07GT
Quote:
Originally Posted by DJGietzen View Post
I'm considering a facelift for a v6 mustang to use the gt500 front. Its an expensive change but I think we can all agree the look is worth it. One question though. I like the look of halo headlamps. I also like the added visability they provide for my car. Is there such a thing as halo headlamps that fit a gt500?

do you know they memeber on here forum name is sqidd. He might pop in here if he sees this thread.

He did a hole gt500 front swap and it looks really good. He can tell you where to purchase everything from for it and the part #s.

Goodluck it will make your pony look nice!

SCTx3Custom-Tune by JJ at Woodbine MotorSports, All Motor 375RWHP/350Tourqe.

Best ET 1/4mile-11.875 at 116.03 60ft-1.646
post #3 of 13 (permalink) Old 10-15-2009 Thread Starter
PONY Member
4.6L Member
S197 Member

good call. I'll probobly pm squibb when it comes to to pull the trigger on this. He and I are in the same area

looks like there is no premade gt500 halo option, so now I'm looking at making them. from pictures it looks like the reflector area is not a complete circle, is that a trick of the eye or is there a flat edge? also, can any one tell me the outside diameter of the reflector area? and how sealed up is it?

SHO
GT500 Front End Swap, Monster H1 Deep Draw Hood, Web Electric Sequential Tail Lights, Smoked Coyote Tail Lights, 2010 Interior Door Panals, 2012 Sun Visors w/ Illuminated Mirrors and Homelink
GO
Coming Soon!

post #4 of 13 (permalink) Old 10-18-2009
Rookie
4.6L Member
S197 Member

gt500

look at my thread, just finished my swap gt to gt500 front. no halo headlights, its not a honda its a mustang even tho urs is a v6 lol

2007 S197 GT 5spd
Tungsten Grey "Silver mustang registry (0987)"
V-3 SL HO, Mcleod RST Twin Disc, Steeda Sport Springs Shocks Steeda Bump Steer,Steeda Motor Mounts,Steeda upper & lower control arms,Steeda ultimate sway bar kit with billet endlinks,JBA Shorty Ceramic,Magnaflow Catted X pipe,Flows, Coast 1-Piece Driveshaft, Ford racing 3.73, Baer GT-Plus 14" 2-Piece, GT500 Front End
"Eleanor"
post #5 of 13 (permalink) Old 10-18-2009
PONY Member
S197 Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by eleanorstang07 View Post
look at my thread, just finished my swap gt to gt500 front. no halo headlights, its not a honda its a mustang even tho urs is a v6 lol
What does that mean?

2005 Screaming Yellow V6 Mustang - 5 Speed Manual, In Dash DVD/Navigation, Eibach Pro Kit, 10" Black Stripes with 1/2" Pinstripes, 10" Sub Woofer with Sony Amplifier, 20" Foose DF-5 Rims with paint matched center pieces.

2009 Shelby GT500 - White w/ Red Stripes - Stock (For Now)

2008 Shelby GT500KR 40th Anniversary Edition - Stock (For Now)
post #6 of 13 (permalink) Old 10-18-2009 Thread Starter
PONY Member
4.6L Member
S197 Member

I think he's saying halo's are for ricers. He's wrong, but thats what hes saying.

SHO
GO
Coming Soon!
post #7 of 13 (permalink) Old 10-19-2009
PONY Member
S197 Member

Quote:
I think he's saying halo's are for ricers. He's wrong, but thats what hes saying.
I dont get the V6 part is he saying having a V6 is ricer too?

2005 Screaming Yellow V6 Mustang - 5 Speed Manual, In Dash DVD/Navigation, Eibach Pro Kit, 10" Black Stripes with 1/2" Pinstripes, 10" Sub Woofer with Sony Amplifier, 20" Foose DF-5 Rims with paint matched center pieces.

post #8 of 13 (permalink) Old 10-26-2009
Rookie
4.6L Member
S197 Member

haha

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrzyHorse View Post
I dont get the V6 part is he saying having a V6 is ricer too?
yes, im on the edge of gt500 conversions for my gt but definetly no conversion for a v-6. if you want it to look good it needs to run good. im not putting the badges on because its not a gt500 but it looks good and can destroy gt500's (stock). mustangs shouldnt have clear taillights and halo lights and all that ricer crap.( just my opinion).

2007 S197 GT 5spd
V-3 SL HO, Mcleod RST Twin Disc, Steeda Sport Springs Shocks Steeda Bump Steer,Steeda Motor Mounts,Steeda upper & lower control arms,Steeda ultimate sway bar kit with billet endlinks,JBA Shorty Ceramic,Magnaflow Catted X pipe,Flows, Coast 1-Piece Driveshaft, Ford racing 3.73, Baer GT-Plus 14" 2-Piece, GT500 Front End
"Eleanor"
post #9 of 13 (permalink) Old 10-27-2009
PONY Member
S197 Member

Quote:
yes, im on the edge of gt500 conversions for my gt but definetly no conversion for a v-6. if you want it to look good it needs to run good. im not putting the badges on because its not a gt500 but it looks good and can destroy gt500's (stock). mustangs shouldnt have clear taillights and halo lights and all that ricer crap.( just my opinion).
The lights decision is up to the individual not you first off.

And to me you converting your car to a shelby is ricer perhaps. You do not have a Shelby whether you back it up or not is not the point you have a GT, stick to it. You lack a 5.4 at the end of the day.

To everyone who has done a conversion I love everything you have done, I am just trying to prove to this seemingly careless individual how irrational his justification is.

Rookie
4.6L Member
S197 Member

hahaha

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrzyHorse View Post
The lights decision is up to the individual not you first off.

And to me you converting your car to a shelby is ricer perhaps. You do not have a Shelby whether you back it up or not is not the point you have a GT, stick to it. You lack a 5.4 at the end of the day.

To everyone who has done a conversion I love everything you have done, I am just trying to prove to this seemingly careless individual how irrational his justification is.
first of all, your wrong. i didnt convert my car to a shelby, i simply put on a gt500 bumper and some headlights. no badges no shelby this or that. and do you not understand that i said in my opinion. that means it what i think and i was just chatting. now because your being a internet bad ass, not everyone likes to buy factory built cars. i allmost bought a gt500 but i perfer the gt so i can build my own machine. its like the z06, zo6 douche bags go out and buy a fast car and run around boasting and bragging all tought. well gt500's are right up there. be a man build your own machine and then run your mouth. right now your just some guy with a bought fast car. quit trying to be tough and go learn how to turn a wrench.

2007 S197 GT 5spd
"Eleanor"
PONY Member
S197 Member

Quote:
first of all, your wrong. i didnt convert my car to a shelby, i simply put on a gt500 bumper and some headlights. no badges no shelby this or that. and do you not understand that i said in my opinion. that means it what i think and i was just chatting. now because your being a internet bad ass, not everyone likes to buy factory built cars. i allmost bought a gt500 but i perfer the gt so i can build my own machine. its like the z06, zo6 douche bags go out and buy a fast car and run around boasting and bragging all tought. well gt500's are right up there. be a man build your own machine and then run your mouth. right now your just some guy with a bought fast car. quit trying to be tough and go learn how to turn a wrench.
Nice job clearly you have no knowledge of what I am doing. I have a V6 mustang that will be built soon with an engine swap and a few other options. I have a white GT500 that is being twin turboed to make close to 1000 whp. I have the KR for a fun stock car. Dont tell me I need to turn a wrench. Is that you justifying your car I hear? Its not a shelby just cause its not badged? That looks like the SHELBY front end...therefore it does not matter.

post #12 of 13 (permalink) Old 11-02-2009 Thread Starter
PONY Member
4.6L Member
S197 Member

1) I like the way the mustang looks, I like the way the 500 looks better. I can't afford a 500 new or used but I can afford the look. Why is it inherently ricer(wrong) to spend money to improve the look of your car? The idea that unless it makes it go faster its not worth doing is moronic. Fallowing that logic why bother to paint your car? The paint doesn't make it go faster and you could spend that money on a performance mod? Why bother to do the conversion to your GT? You could get even more power in that GT for the price of a conversion.

2) A GT is a great track car for its price, but if you never want to take your car to a track then you over payed. The v6 with some tunes and power mods can be just as quick as a gt in the 0-90 range and be more effective doing it. Since I will spend 90% of my time in traffic I will never be able to utilize the extra power of a gt.

3) Halo's do more then look different. Yes its a look I like and you might not, but it also adds to the visibility of the car at dusk. Something I feel I need in my area, especially since my car is black and damaged conversion parts will need to be replaced out of pocket.

So I thank you to keep your irrational close minded opinions to yourself.

SHO
GO
Coming Soon!
PONY Member
S197 Member

Quote:
1) I like the way the mustang looks, I like the way the 500 looks better. I can't afford a 500 new or used but I can afford the look. Why is it inherently ricer(wrong) to spend money to improve the look of your car? The idea that unless it makes it go faster its not worth doing is moronic. Fallowing that logic why bother to paint your car? The paint doesn't make it go faster and you could spend that money on a performance mod? Why bother to do the conversion to your GT? You could get even more power in that GT for the price of a conversion.

2) A GT is a great track car for its price, but if you never want to take your car to a track then you over payed. The v6 with some tunes and power mods can be just as quick as a gt in the 0-90 range and be more effective doing it. Since I will spend 90% of my time in traffic I will never be able to utilize the extra power of a gt.

3) Halo's do more then look different. Yes its a look I like and you might not, but it also adds to the visibility of the car at dusk. Something I feel I need in my area, especially since my car is black and damaged conversion parts will need to be replaced out of pocket.

So I thank you to keep your irrational close minded opinions to yourself.
You got my support...

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Closed Thread

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Mustang Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a VALID email address for yourself, otherwise you will not receive the necessary confirmation email needed to confirm, validate and activate your new AFM member account.

Failure to provide a VALID email address, will result in the cancellation of your new AFM member account registration.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page