Does anyone know who won "KITT Knight Rider" GT-500KR? - Ford Mustang Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 5 (permalink) Old 12-23-2009 Thread Starter
Rookie

Does anyone know who won "KITT Knight Rider" GT-500KR?

NBC television station was giving away a GT-500KR as a marketing stategy for the show "Knight Rider". I entered to win the beast but I never got contacted. So, who won the car?
Where is it?
Is it for sale?
:?:

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 (permalink) Old 12-23-2009
PONY Member
V6 Member
S197 Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by joeRALEIGHnc View Post
NBC television station was giving away a GT-500KR as a marketing stategy for the show "Knight Rider". I entered to win the beast but I never got contacted. So, who won the car?
Where is it?
Is it for sale?
:?:
Dang....I missed this....sorry no info on what happened.

2005 V6
Mods : Flowmaster 40s Dual Exhaust--H-pipe
"Life is not always fair but it's always good... behind the wheel of America's Sports car, the Mustang."
post #3 of 5 (permalink) Old 12-23-2009

I'm not sure who one either, however I would just like to point out how crappy of a car that "GT500" is... I saw the exact television car at last years Knotts Ford show and you wouldn't believe how cheaply that thing was put together. The center caps on the wheels are glued on plus the interior is very cheaply molded plastic that does not sit flush. Anyways, the car was more of a joke in my opinion then something I would actually desire.

Don't feel bad for not winning it. I doubt it was a real GT500 anyways. It's probably a sixer...

post #4 of 5 (permalink) Old 12-23-2009
PONY Member
S197 Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Contagious B View Post
I'm not sure who one either, however I would just like to point out how crappy of a car that "GT500" is... I saw the exact television car at last years Knotts Ford show and you wouldn't believe how cheaply that thing was put together. The center caps on the wheels are glued on plus the interior is very cheaply molded plastic that does not sit flush. Anyways, the car was more of a joke in my opinion then something I would actually desire.

Don't feel bad for not winning it. I doubt it was a real GT500 anyways. It's probably a sixer...
There were several cars used for the series (like in most movies & TV), and from what I understand, only one was a real KR. Pretty sure the rest were GTs or V6s dressed up to look similar. I seriously doubt that even the TV show producers would want to see the real KR wrecked, so they always make up a few dummy cars, and take the real one out for the close-ups. There was a video about the "KITT" cars on the Leno's Garage site, but that video has apparently been pulled... Hselby strikes again, I'm sure.

'08 Bullitt -Highland Green
'09 GT-500KR -Black/Black

post #5 of 5 (permalink) Old 12-23-2009
S197 Mustang Owner
4.6L Member
S197 Member

Send a message via AIM to hotshot
i don't know who won it but the real GT500KR had automated door that opened when they wanted it to, and it drove by remote control. very modified and highly collectible

2007 Mustang GT Convertible Stage 0 E-Force #402 Supercharger, Brenspeed Tune (435/400), GT500 Fuel pump, Clutch Delete Option, Roush Front Fascia, Brembos, California Dream Hood, Qwitch latch flush mount hood pins, MRT Light Bar, J&M LCA's, BMR UCA, UPR catch can, 6000k, Pypes Bombs, Pypes X-pipe, Airbrushed Flame pieces under the hood, Clear corners, GT500 shocks , FRPP P-springs (rear), BMR Adj Panhard, E-Force engine covers
2012 Ford Focus SEL 5Dr with MyFordTouch, Auto-Park, 303A Package,

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Closed Thread

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Mustang Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a VALID email address for yourself, otherwise you will not receive the necessary confirmation email needed to confirm, validate and activate your new AFM member account.

Failure to provide a VALID email address, will result in the cancellation of your new AFM member account registration.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page