2008 Shelby GT500 - Ford Mustang Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 4 (permalink) Old 01-25-2010 Thread Starter
PONY Member
4.6L Member
S197 Member

2008 Shelby GT500

since i totaled my 06 Mustang GT, i have been looking forward to being back to the club,, i am closing a deal on a brand new 2008 Shelby GT500 and wanted to see what performance mods are out there to start with,,

any hints?

2006 GT drophead|Auto|X3|Comp NSR Stage II Cams|Steeda UDP|Steeda CMDP|C&L Racer|MMR Windage Tray|4.10|X PYPES|Eibach ProKit|D SPECS|SLP Loudmouth|GT500 LCA|Steeda UCA|PA Deep Oil Pan|20"s Foose Nitrous Grey
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 (permalink) Old 01-25-2010
PONY Member
S197 Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by kj217 View Post
since i totaled my 06 Mustang GT, i have been looking forward to being back to the club,, i am closing a deal on a brand new 2008 Shelby GT500 and wanted to see what performance mods are out there to start with,,

any hints?
Intake, Exhaust, Upper/Lower Pulley, High Flow Elbow, Port, Blower Swap...the list is endless

I think to start out with you will realize that tractions is the biggest deal...upper/lower control arms with some better wider tires is very necessary.

An AFCO heat exchanger is also very necessary as heat soak is another problem.

2005 Screaming Yellow V6 Mustang - 5 Speed Manual, In Dash DVD/Navigation, Eibach Pro Kit, 10" Black Stripes with 1/2" Pinstripes, 10" Sub Woofer with Sony Amplifier, 20" Foose DF-5 Rims with paint matched center pieces.

2009 Shelby GT500 - White w/ Red Stripes - Stock (For Now)

2008 Shelby GT500KR 40th Anniversary Edition - Stock (For Now)
post #3 of 4 (permalink) Old 01-25-2010 Thread Starter
PONY Member
4.6L Member
S197 Member

what do you think about the power packages from Bren and Lethal?
what size of SC pulley should i go for?

2006 GT drophead|Auto|X3|Comp NSR Stage II Cams|Steeda UDP|Steeda CMDP|C&L Racer|MMR Windage Tray|4.10|X PYPES|Eibach ProKit|D SPECS|SLP Loudmouth|GT500 LCA|Steeda UCA|PA Deep Oil Pan|20"s Foose Nitrous Grey

post #4 of 4 (permalink) Old 01-25-2010
PONY Member
S197 Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by kj217 View Post
what do you think about the power packages from Bren and Lethal?
what size of SC pulley should i go for?
The 2.6 seems like the popular choice. It adds about four pounds of boost. As far as tuning I would recommend taking it to trusted tuner and putting it on a dyno. Dont do the mail order thing cause you dont want this car running one way or the other. Dial it in perfect and enjoy it. My buddy went with the 2.6 and intake option and hes making 556hp at the wheels along with 561 torque.

Again emphasis on the AFCO heat exchanger if you are doing this cause the heat soak is ridiculous on my buddys car.

Also traction will be nonexistent without upper/lower control arms and a good set of tires.

2005 Screaming Yellow V6 Mustang - 5 Speed Manual, In Dash DVD/Navigation, Eibach Pro Kit, 10" Black Stripes with 1/2" Pinstripes, 10" Sub Woofer with Sony Amplifier, 20" Foose DF-5 Rims with paint matched center pieces.

2009 Shelby GT500 - White w/ Red Stripes - Stock (For Now)

2008 Shelby GT500KR 40th Anniversary Edition - Stock (For Now)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Closed Thread

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Mustang Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a VALID email address for yourself, otherwise you will not receive the necessary confirmation email needed to confirm, validate and activate your new AFM member account.

Failure to provide a VALID email address, will result in the cancellation of your new AFM member account registration.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page