2007 Mustang GT500-clutch making noise when taking off - Ford Mustang Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 4 (permalink) Old 02-07-2010 Thread Starter
PONY Member
4.6L Member

2007 Mustang GT500-clutch making noise when taking off

ok i know there is a tsb for the clutch for my car and im going to the dealership on friday. has anyone got the dealership to replace the clutch on there shelby with this issue? i only bought the car a couple of weeks ago and of course they dont allow test drives of this car (which i totally understand cause everyone one would want to test drive it then...) but i also asked multiple times if there was anything wrong with the car and was told no every time. now i am gonna be nice at first and say that the clutch needs to be replaced and see what they say. but if they give me any grief about it im gonna flip and say it wasnt disclosed and if there not gonna fix it i either want my money back and they can have the car and ill find another shelby or ill get a lawer. dont get me wrong i love my car but when you pay that much for one it shouldnt have clutch noise when you buy it...

07 shelby gt500 537rwhp 520 torque whipple 160mm throttle body, vmp 1.6 supercharge pulley, JLT intake, sct livewire tuner, brenspeed dyno tuned, sequentials tail lights, window tints, low jack, 2010 shelby black/white stripe seats.
02 gt convertable RIP.. to many mods to list...
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 (permalink) Old 02-08-2010
Site Sponsor
S197 Member

I had mine replaced 3 times. Let us know how it turns out and if I can be of any help just let me know.

Shellee Kallas
Powerhouse Racing and Performance
6332 Lee Ann Lane
Naples, Florida
United States, 34109
(239) 596-1845
post #3 of 4 (permalink) Old 02-08-2010 Thread Starter
PONY Member
4.6L Member

holy cow 3 times!!!! did the dealership pay for it or did you have to pay out of pocket at all?

07 shelby gt500 537rwhp 520 torque whipple 160mm throttle body, vmp 1.6 supercharge pulley, JLT intake, sct livewire tuner, brenspeed dyno tuned, sequentials tail lights, window tints, low jack, 2010 shelby black/white stripe seats.
02 gt convertable RIP.. to many mods to list...

post #4 of 4 (permalink) Old 02-09-2010
Site Sponsor
S197 Member

They covered it all 3 times. If you go back farther in this forum and do a search you can find the whole story. They tried not to cover it the 2nd time but I am very good friends with the ex head engineer of SVT division. This clutch issue is how I met him. He stopped them in their tracks from not wanting to cover it. I remember we had talked to Tremac and they had informed us that production was stopped 3 times in the first 1500 GT500's because of clutch issues. They finally got it all fixed by March of 09 if I remember right. One of our KR's that was purchased in the end of 08 is about ready to have the clutch redone. It's about ready to go. I knew in the first 50 miles that something was wrong with mine and they said it was ok. I believe I was the first to have the clutch replaced and it still wasn't right.

I have a auto in mine right now. Just took out the manual again because I busted the auto. Anyways we did the 2010 clutch conversion at our shop while my auto was being fixed. We wanted to test it to see the kind of power it could hold and if it needed break in. I now believe it needs a break in period and it CANNOT hold a ton of power. How do I know this? Because I torched the clutch in about 100 miles of driving and 2 passes at the track. Yes, I know how to drive a manual and do not ride the clutch. lol If you don't add a lot of power like I have I would say the 2010 clutch upgrade is the way to go. It feels soooo much better than the previous clutch did.

Let me know if you need anything.

Shellee

Shellee Kallas
Powerhouse Racing and Performance
6332 Lee Ann Lane
Naples, Florida
United States, 34109
(239) 596-1845
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Closed Thread

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Mustang Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a VALID email address for yourself, otherwise you will not receive the necessary confirmation email needed to confirm, validate and activate your new AFM member account.

Failure to provide a VALID email address, will result in the cancellation of your new AFM member account registration.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page